View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 217 of 343
« First < 117167207213214215216217 218219220221227267317 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:12 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Are we gonna say OBJ lost that snap? If that's the case, well guys, I dont' think you're ever gonna be happy with a LT.

Wylie gets beat inside and it blows up the play.
Yep, that is the best you can expect from OBJ on that play. He pushed him wide around the edge. Kept him outside where the pocket should be. He is not going to get out that wide and stonewall the edge.

But I am of the opinion that OBJ just may not be a great fit for our style of play. He is a massive left tackle, his strength seems more suited to power football. If we can not find away to run the darn football and prevent the Dee from lining up extremely wide and sprint off the line he is going to struggle.
[Reply]
-King- 08:18 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Yep, that is the best you can expect from OBJ on that play. He pushed him wide around the edge. Kept him outside where the pocket should be. He is not going to get out that wide and stonewall the edge.

But I am of the opinion that OBJ just may not be a great fit for our style of play. He is a massive left tackle, his strength seems more suited to power football. If we can not find away to run the darn football and prevent the Dee from lining up extremely wide and sprint off the line he is going to struggle.
You guys have a very generous definition of "push" if you're saying OBJ pushed Von anywhere on this play. He barely got a hand on him coming around the corner
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:31 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Brown did his job here. That's a pressure that should be on Mahomes - OBJ pushed Miller 10-11 yards deep, ran him around the arc and completely protected his inside shoulder to give Mahomes plenty of space moving forward to find time.

I really don't understand the folks that are shitting on Brown for that game - he had a solid game against a guy who was shot out of a cannon.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:33 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
You guys have a very generous definition of "push" if you're saying OBJ pushed Von anywhere on this play. He barely got a hand on him coming around the corner
He didn't have to. You can see he was protecting against an inside move, as well he should be. And as I've said with Brown since we signed him, sometimes his 'skill' is going to be simply being a giant human being who's hard to run around because he's enormous.

On that rep he's simply staying in Miller's way and making him take a second to commit before going upfield. The Colts game, he wasn't doing that - he was lunging on that second step, getting himself forward and letting Ngakoue flatten his arc beyond him.

Brown did what he needed to do there. Mahomes didn't.

EDIT: O.City and ChiefNJ are right, Mahomes maybe tried to step up but Wylie got waxed on the other side and blew the play up. That's what you absolutely cannot do - lose FAST. And what OBJ did there was clearly designed to avoid that. He's slow-playing Miller and protecting against an inside move to eliminate the possibility of a fast beat. Meanwhile Wylie....ugh. Not great.
[Reply]
-King- 08:57 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Brown did his job here. That's a pressure that should be on Mahomes - OBJ pushed Miller 10-11 yards deep, ran him around the arc and completely protected his inside shoulder to give Mahomes plenty of space moving forward to find time.

I really don't understand the folks that are shitting on Brown for that game - he had a solid game against a guy who was shot out of a cannon.
I haven't shitted on him for this game. He played a lot better than expected given what he was up against. But IMO, he just existed on that play, which might have just been enough if Mahomes could step up, but didn't really do anything so Miller. He still got to Mahomes in a second.

But yeah I agree, he played better than he did the previous few weeks. But to me he still wasn't good enough. I wanted Mahomes to have better drop backs and be willing to step up in the pocket because of his natural progression of getting better. Right now he has to do it because if not, one of the tackles will get him killed or throw the play off.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:01 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I can't believe Von is still this fast at his age.

But yeah if you have any speed, you don't need any moves to beat our tackles.
I hope you watched that clip and saw the obvious. Like I said this isn’t a WR problem. Bills rushed 3 there and dropped 8.

2 guys open right in front of Patrick’s face
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:04 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Did I miss the spectacular speed rushers that are languishing on the bench or something?
I’m speaking of them not targeting speed rushers at all because they’re not Spag’s prototypical DE.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:06 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I hope you watched that clip and saw the obvious. Like I said this isn’t a WR problem. Bills rushed 3 there and dropped 8.

Even ignoring how wide open both JuJu and McKinnon are at the start of that play because Mahomes was doing 360's to avoid the pressure in the backfield. But then he pump faked the throw to JuJu as he came across his face and had the guy that peeled off of Kelce beat by 2 steps. Then after he gave up on that and rolled right, McKinnon was running across his face against a LB he had beat with like 20 yards of green grass in front of him. Ugh.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:07 AM 10-18-2022

I feel like McKinnon went the wrong way on his release, though.

He's occupying the same area on the field as the slot receiver - if he drifts stages left as he gets through the LOS instead of squatting underneath near the right hash, he gives Mahomes an easy outlet pass and a 10+ yard gain.

Just another one of those little moments where the execution was just off, IMO.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:09 AM 10-18-2022
Anyone have the numbers of how many pressures or hits OBJ gave up on Sunday?
[Reply]
-King- 09:10 AM 10-18-2022

One of them ran the wrong route but yeah.
[Reply]
-King- 09:11 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
7 according to PFF.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:11 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Does it even matter at this point.

According to Eric Eager, BOTH of our tackles are top 5 in pressures surrendered.

It's time to make a change. Enough of this.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:12 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
That would be my approach. He's never going to be good enough to play LT in this offense. No matter if he reduces his asking price IMO.
He's not good enough to play RIGHT tackle in this offense.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:14 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's not good enough to play RIGHT tackle in this offense.
It's a passing offense with bad OTs, recipe for disaster...

This team has personnel to basically lineup under center in the I or split backs and pound the rock and go playaction..they aren't gonna do that though.
[Reply]
Page 217 of 343
« First < 117167207213214215216217 218219220221227267317 > Last »
Up