ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 217 of 469
« First < 117167207213214215216217 218219220221227267317 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:50 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Excited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our bats are developing like crazy right now under Zumwalt and the new approach they have for hitters. If anyone can unlock Waters true potential it's Zumwalt.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:40 AM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Our bats are developing like crazy right now under Zumwalt and the new approach they have for hitters. If anyone can unlock Waters true potential it's Zumwalt.

Zumwalt has been great but I don’t get excited with Matheny running the show.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:57 AM 07-13-2022
Taylor is injured and the Royals can’t move him at the deadline…goodness. That would be just pure managerial malpractice.

So two candidates to be moved at the deadline are sidelined by injuries. Both seem troubling, but the Royals aren’t making any moves so they’ve elected to play most of this series against Detroit with a short bench. (Which came into play in the ninth when the Royals were forced to let Lopez hit against the lefty Gregory Soto. Lopez struck out.) This is against the backdrop of the upcoming trip to Toronto.

As I’m sure you’re aware, Canada—like the United States—demands that foreign travelers have proof of vaccination against Covid to enter the country. No vaccine, no entry. It’s been an issue for a few teams this year. The Twins had to place four players on the restricted list when they crossed the border. So did the Reds. Just this week, the Phillies likewise had to remove four players from their active roster. That’s the most any team has had to place on the restricted list when playing in Canada. Omaha’s lineup has been missing some key players too.

That’s a lineup without regulars such as Nick Pratto, Michael Massey, Brewer Hicklen and Clay Dungan. (More on the leadoff hitter in a moment!) Are they potential reinforcements for the upcoming series in Toronto?

The plot thickens.

We’ll learn soon enough who on the Royals active roster can’t enter Canada. I have a few guesses, but because that would be speculation, I’ll keep them to myself. Besides, we’ll find out after the game on Wednesday.

I will say that my rudimentary research turned up that the most players a team had to place on the restricted list before traveling to Toronto is four. The Twins, Reds and this week the Phillies have all placed four players on the restricted list. Clubs are allowed to use players without placing them on the 40-man roster and players on the restricted list will not earn pay for time spent on the list.

If the Royals have more than four, it would be a very big deal.

[Reply]
Infidel Goat 07:07 AM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
What was the outfielder tracking out there? I can't stop watching how poorly he judged the ball.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:05 AM 07-13-2022

[Reply]
dlphg9 09:13 AM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Infidel Goat:
What was the outfielder tracking out there? I can't stop watching how poorly he judged the ball.
Lmao, the ball hits 5 foot away from where he's jumping onto the wall.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:14 AM 07-13-2022

Why is MAT not on the IL? Jesus I hate this organization.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:29 AM 07-13-2022
Players we’re likely to see in Toronto:
- Michael Massey
- Nate Eaton
- Clay Dungan
- Maikel Garcia
- Freddy Fermín
- Nick Pratto
- Brewer Hicklen

It sounds like the list of personnel not making the trip is going to be nuts. I knew we already knew this but holy cow.

[Reply]
myselff77 09:49 AM 07-13-2022
- Michael Massey
- Nate Eaton
- Clay Dungan
- Maikel Garcia
- Freddy Fermín
- Nick Pratto
- Brewer Hicklen

It sounds like the list of personnel not making the trip is going to be nuts. I knew we already knew this but holy cow.
Has there been any real information out there or is the number of players unable to make the trip purely speculation?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:51 AM 07-13-2022
- Michael Massey
- Nate Eaton
- Clay Dungan
- Maikel Garcia
- Freddy Fermín
- Nick Pratto
- Brewer Hicklen

But at least they're good Christian boys who don't "abuse themselves!"
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 10:01 AM 07-13-2022
Who was the guy the Royals played in the outfield for like a game when MAT was hurt,then they DFA'd him.Was it Blanco ?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:46 AM 07-13-2022
Blue Jays are 42-40 46-42. They must have hated that manager.

Official. pic.twitter.com/0gSmlqV7hc

— Alden González (@Alden_Gonzalez) July 13, 2022

EDIT: Don't know where I got 42-40 but they're 46-42.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:56 AM 07-13-2022
Yet skunkhead and his underachieving manager are kept around
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:03 AM 07-13-2022
The Toronto Blue Jays record is actually 46 - 42, but they did go 2 - 8 from their last ten games. Also, at this time they have a wild card spot.
[Reply]
PHOG 11:18 AM 07-13-2022
Wow, a baseball club actually making front office moves when things don't go right. (And they are in a wildcard slot?) Who woulda thunk it? :-)
[Reply]
Page 217 of 469
« First < 117167207213214215216217 218219220221227267317 > Last »
Up