ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 215 of 270
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218219225265 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:40 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have zero problems with playing young guys.

But one of those guys is Kadarious Toney. Despite his abilities, he's NEVER proven he can stay healthy. Until he can even go a half season, let alone a full one, we should be planning on him missing games.

[Reply]
dlphg9 03:41 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I bet they cut him.....

Also I'm trying really hard not to get on the Jystin Ross hype train

Lmao, who's job is Justyn Ross going to take? Patrick Mahomes saying good things about other players is what he does.

I'm not sure why fans of this team continue to cling to their old shitty ways. We're not bottom feeders anymore. We have legit Super Bowl hopes every year, so I think we can stop fawning over every shitty practice squad/special teams WR. We don't have to try to make up reasons to be excited about the team anymore.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:41 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
I mean I don't think he's wrong.

If Cards trade him now they will only save $8.9M in cap and it looks like the market is saying a mid round draft pick if that for compensation.

If they make him a June 1st cut they will save $19.45M.

Sooo I guess the question is....Do the Cards value a mid round draft pick more than about $10M in cap room?
Unless they've already used it up, they can put a June 1st tag on him and cut him now. They don't have to actually wait until June, unless they don't have any more June designations to apply.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:43 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao, who's job is Justyn Ross going to take? Patrick Mahomes saying good things about other players is what he does.

I'm not sure why fans of this team continue to cling to their old shitty ways. We're not bottom feeders anymore. We have legit Super Bowl hopes every year, so I think we can stop fawning over every shitty practice squad/special teams WR. We don't have to try to make up reasons to be excited about the team anymore.

[Reply]
Balto 03:52 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Unless they've already used it up, they can put a June 1st tag on him and cut him now. They don't have to actually wait until June, unless they don't have any more June designations to apply.
Yup
[Reply]
Balto 03:55 PM 04-17-2023
I feel like I'm in crazy land here. Everyone wanting to trade for a dude that we couldn't afford ATM, is well past his prime(will be 31), has had multiple injuries, and had to take steroids to aid his recovery.

Id much rather roll with the young cheap guys, keep the cap space, and keep the draft pick.

People seem to be super impressed with his play last year, but when you dig into the circumstances you can see when he was playing he was about the only option and was force fed the ball. If you put a healthy JJSS, MVS, or Hardman on that team anyone of them go for 1100+ yds and Hopkins has probably half of the yards he had last year. That team was barren of talent.
I wouldn't say he was the only option. Marquise Brown who they traded a 1st round pick for had over 100 targets and 700+ yards. Thats not nothing.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:55 PM 04-17-2023

You and BleedingVag are giving Ross the reverse mojo boost.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:59 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
The SB champs say hi. Especially the secondary.....LOL
Lol, crazy how people remember the SB.

Check the play-by-play; our "number one ranked offense" did what in the first half of the SB?

TD
MISSED FG
PUNT
PUNT

If not for a stellar play by the defense the score going into the half would've been 7-24.

Also, after that first TD, the Chiefs offense basically couldn't stay on the field, and left the defense out there for 22 minutes (offense was only on the field for 8 minutes in the first half).

And finally, the Chiefs defense allowed just 11 points in the second half, and that plus the strip sack return for 6 is the reason KC won the SB.

But it does highlight yet another example for why I'm not comfortable with the WR room. Several times in 2022 the offense stalled for several series in a row, just as they did in the first half of the SB, and now two of the most productive WRs for the Chiefs have left for greener pastures. But we won, so now a lot of people suddenly think that Andy/Veach can just throw any scrub on the field and we're certain to repeat.

We barely beat JAX. A team that wasn't very good playing man/press, with a new HC, a new offense for Trevor, and yet we still were forced to punt five times in that game.

And so on.

The defense is fine. We could literally re-sign Frank and Dunlap and do nothing else, and we'd have a top-12 defense.

The offense needs a talent infusion.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04-17-2023, 04:03 PM
This message has been deleted by Chief Roundup.
Balto 04:15 PM 04-17-2023

2022:
Kelce-152 targets
JuJu-101 targets---GONE
MVS-81 targets
Watson-34 targets
Toney-20 targets
Moore-33 targets
Hardman-34 targets----GONE

Signed:
Rich James

So that's 455 targets to Kelce/receivers. So that means we have about 135 targets to distribute ATM. Kelce usually averages about 135-140 targets so lets keep him at 135.

2023 projected:
Kelce-135 targets
Toney-I could see 90 targets, will he stay healthy?
Moore-I could see 75 targets.
MVS-I see his targets going down actually to 60
Watson-30 targets
Rich James-30 target guy

So thats about 35 targets to either spread out to these guys or bring in a guy like Ross. Add Ross in and that makes 7just like what he had last season. Now if any of these players get hurt that just means more targets for the rest.

If we land Hopkins I still think MVS and his $7M cap hit could be the odd guy out and Toney/Watson/James/Ross take those deep routes MVS ran for us.
[Reply]
Balto 04:16 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Check the play-by-play; our "number one ranked offense" did what in the first half of the SB?

TD
MISSED FG
PUNT
PUNT

If not for a stellar play by the defense the score going into the half would've been 7-24.

Also, after that first TD, the Chiefs offense basically couldn't stay on the field, and left the defense out there for 22 minutes (offense was only on the field for 8 minutes in the first half).

And finally, the Chiefs defense allowed just 11 points in the second half, and that plus the strip sack return for 6 is the reason KC won the SB.

But it does highlight yet another example for why I'm not comfortable with the WR room. Several times in 2022 the offense stalled for several series in a row, just as they did in the first half of the SB, and now two of the most productive WRs for the Chiefs have left for greener pastures. But we won, so now a lot of people suddenly think that Andy/Veach can just throw any scrub on the field and we're certain to repeat.

We barely beat JAX. A team that wasn't very good playing man/press, with a new HC, a new offense for Trevor, and yet we still were forced to punt five times in that game.

And so on.

The defense is fine. We could literally re-sign Frank and Dunlap and do nothing else, and we'd have a top-12 defense.

If we could only get some kind on force at DT next to Jones I think our D could take a huge step.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:29 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
If we could only get some kind on force at DT next to Jones I think our D could take a huge step.
We might draft one. either way, the defense is fine. It'd be nice to get a couple solid rotational guys for the DL, but it's not an absolute necessity kind of thing.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:43 PM 04-17-2023
We might draft one. either way, the defense is fine. It'd be nice to get a couple solid rotational guys for the DL, but it's not an absolute necessity kind of thing.
N my dreams Jalen Carter falls to us
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:46 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
N my dreams Jalen Carter falls to us
I''m not a fan of that guy. I believe it's very likely that he has serious character issues.

However, I trust Veach/Andy/Spags enough that if they draft him, they probably know what they're doing. From a performance standpoint, yeah, Carter is a beast.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:04 PM 04-17-2023

TD
MISSED FG
PUNT
PUNT

And so on.

I wouldn't hate bringing both of those guys back at all.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:10 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I wouldn't hate bringing both of those guys back at all.
I wouldn't mind either. One or both. They're good enough.
[Reply]
Page 215 of 270
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218219225265 > Last »
Up