« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218219225265 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
crispystl 10:30 AM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We've said this for a couple years now, but Pat at a point needs to understand that he plays the game and the coaches coach it.

He doesn't decide who's running the routes and he doesn't need to worry about if they're gonna actually catch the ball.

Now IF Moore is out there ****ing routes up in practice and Mahomes has taken him out of the progression because short routes that get messed up turn into pick 6s very quickly - okay, I can handle that.

But the 'well he's worried the guy's gonna drop it' stuff - man, he's gotta let that go. Over a large enough sample size these guys will fix the glitch or hit the bench. In the interim, if they're where they're supposed to be, when they're supposed to be there - throw 'em the ball. If they drop it, that's on them.

Now I'm not 100% convinced Moore is where he's supposed to be. In fact I think there's a real chance he isn't. But that's a story for another day I guess. But I think that HAS to be the crux of the issue. Because Mahomes doesn't even look at him. Open or not, it doesn't matter because Mahomes just doesn't really care.
Yeah I alluded to this a couple of posts down, but I don't think Mahomes trusts him to be in the right place, or run the route correctly and he's been burned by it before.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:31 AM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Toney averaged 3 yards of separation on his targets. So....catch the ball and you're fine.
Toney looked like we expected Toney to look until the ball got there.

He was a handful out there.

I'm actually fairly confident that Toney will recover from all this and be fine. I may try some trade lows out there in fantasy.

But Moore? I just see no reason for optimism.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:34 AM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah I alluded to this a couple of posts down, but I don't think Mahomes trusts him to be in the right place, or run the route correctly and he's been burned by it before.
Like I said somewhere in this thread last season, Moore fucking up a simple Dig route was a HUGE red flag to me.

I mean that's high school football stuff. Plant and run at 90. There's not an easier route in the world to run.

And he was lazy. Didn't plant the foot hard and then drifted back off his cut to let the DB cut right under him and pick it off. It's just an awful, awful interception. Then he jakes a blocking assignment either that game or the next one.

The effort is inconsistent and the execution damn sure appears to be as well. This isn't even HARD stuff like sight adjustments. This is easy, knew it in high school, fundamental stuff.

And 10 games into the season he was messing them up last year. People wanted to make excuses for it but there IS no excuse for that. That isn't something you need a season in the system to know how to do.
[Reply]
O.city 10:51 AM 09-11-2023
Toney looked like we expected Toney to look until the ball got there.

He was a handful out there.

I'm actually fairly confident that Toney will recover from all this and be fine. I may try some trade lows out there in fantasy.

But Moore? I just see no reason for optimism.
Some of the spacing and timing was just off, which I'm sure bled into Pat's distrust. I'm thinking some of that could be from Kelce and moving guys around.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:57 AM 09-11-2023
Some of the spacing and timing was just off, which I'm sure bled into Pat's distrust. I'm thinking some of that could be from Kelce and moving guys around.
https://atozsports.com/kansas-city/c...g-assignments/
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:13 AM 09-11-2023
I don’t like to use the word “efficient.” But I think the new mahomes mentality is to not waste downs. A drop is an obvious example. But we’ve also seen games where mahomes missed a few deep shots then pulled back, even though the defense was giving it to us.

If we don’t execute the basics mahomes loses confidence that we can claw 10 yards in 2 tries. And so instead of taking more risks he instead puts it on himself to manufacture opportunities. That’s why you see him bail on pockets before he goes through progressions. Or abandon short stuff he fears will result in a drop or a loss. It’s also why he may be reluctant to waste downs on a deep miss. Even if the defense gives us deep shots I don’t know mahomes attacks it as long as we don’t clean up the basics.

Kelce helps a lot but not entirely. We saw this same body language in our year of dropsies. Mahomes doesn’t sulk over tough defense or bad throws. What sets him off is when his guys don’t execute what they’re supposed to.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:42 AM 09-11-2023
Like I said somewhere in this thread last season, Moore fucking up a simple Dig route was a HUGE red flag to me.

I mean that's high school football stuff. Plant and run at 90. There's not an easier route in the world to run.

And he was lazy. Didn't plant the foot hard and then drifted back off his cut to let the DB cut right under him and pick it off. It's just an awful, awful interception. Then he jakes a blocking assignment either that game or the next one.

The effort is inconsistent and the execution damn sure appears to be as well. This isn't even HARD stuff like sight adjustments. This is easy, knew it in high school, fundamental stuff.

And 10 games into the season he was messing them up last year. People wanted to make excuses for it but there IS no excuse for that. That isn't something you need a season in the system to know how to do.
He was a RB in HS. Has only played 3 seasons as a WR in a small conference school.

He said in an interview he thought he was going to be a RB in college but found out when he got there that they had him as wr.

Big jump for the kid.

Hopefully, he’s able to figure it out and start making plays and moving sticks.
[Reply]
wachashi 12:27 PM 09-11-2023
I'm not necessarily a Moore believer, but his snap count indicates the staff has confidence in him. The lack of targets is concerning, but that's not 100% his fault.

I hope last week was a fluke with a disjointed offense caused by the Kelce injury and the Lions playing way more zone than anyone expected (likely due to the Kelce injury).
[Reply]
Mecca 12:32 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by wachashi:
I'm not necessarily a Moore believer, but his snap count indicates the staff has confidence in him. The lack of targets is concerning, but that's not 100% his fault.

I hope last week was a fluke with a disjointed offense caused by the Kelce injury and the Lions playing way more zone than anyone expected (likely due to the Kelce injury).
The concern should be Mahomes has no trust in him, to have the most WR snaps and garner a 7.7% share is absolutely awful.
[Reply]
irafreak 12:37 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He was a RB in HS. Has only played 3 seasons as a WR in a small conference school.

He said in an interview he thought he was going to be a RB in college but found out when he got there that they had him as wr.

Big jump for the kid.

So swap him and ceh. Probably won't change much :-)
[Reply]
wachashi 12:45 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The concern should be Mahomes has no trust in him, to have the most WR snaps and garner a 7.7% share is absolutely awful.
Yeah, that's concerning for a second-round pick in his second year. That's not great. He's already shown he can't be a punt returner.

But, I think there's a chance, given his very high snap count, that we see more targets in a different game against a different opponent (with defenses having to account for Kelce).

There's also a chance he's just a guy, or worse. We will know more after next week.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:46 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
and he dropped it 3 times...yea that makes sense
I get it he's an NFL WR, but every single one of those "drops" would have been incredible catches. He dropped a slant that was fired in the opposite direction of where he's going. The other 2 were really high passes.

If we're gonna play "You're in the NFL, so you are required to make tough catches", then we have to be fair and say the same thing about our QB. He's the greatest player/QB to ever play this game, so he should be putting the ball where it needs to be.

It's ok to admit that Patrick was a little off for some reason. It's a rare occurrence, but he's not above criticism.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:49 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Big jump for the kid.

Which is...y'know....why he was more of a 4th round pick than a 2nd rounder.

But I digress....
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:50 PM 09-11-2023
If we're gonna credit Moore with 3 drops on those 3 balls, we're grading Mahomes on a curve.

One of those drops, Gardner made a hell of a play knocking the ball out.

Doesn't absolve him for the other drops, but that one he actually caught, then Gardner pulled off a great PD. I can't blame Skyy for that one.
[Reply]
O.city 12:51 PM 09-11-2023
https://twitter.com/ron_kopp/status/...lHXA6BeO88mpxA
[Reply]
Page 215 of 280
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218219225265 > Last »
Up