ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 214 of 247
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 09:09 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
So what’s he got? 8-10 more cracks at it? And to get it (not just get there) he’ll have to go through or around Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence, Herbert, Lamar
I have no idea if Allen ever gets one, because as you said it’s tough and one only QB wins every year.

But Allen is better than every QB you mentioned with the exception of Mahomes.
[Reply]
O.city 09:16 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Exactly. This is why building a good team is relatively easy (if you get the QB right) while building a dynasty in a salary cap era is so hard.

When you suck for a good number of years you can load up on young, stud talent because you draft high. You also typically have the cap space to sign good FAs.

Once you become good you no longer have the benefit of drafting high and at some point your talent will need to get paid and there is only so much to go around.

I have been vocal about trying to see how Burrow does without elite weapons, but the more I think about it the more I think he will be fine. Maybe not as explosive, but still really freaking good.
It's why the whole "Do like the Patriots" stuff is just wrong. Or really, anything Patriots.

That's just not gonna happen again. Ever. It just won't. The league is built so that it won't. Too many things going against you.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 09:18 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Diggs & Allen had very good chemistry until the recent meltdown in the Cincy game. I think they should try to keep Diggs. Everyone involved should recharge their batteries in the off-season. Buffalo at this point needs to hope for better injury luck next season for Allen, Miller, and others. If that happens, it would make them a stronger team for next January.
Yes, and although many people on this forum like to downplay it, the Bills had a TON of adversary this year. The Bills left guard actually talked about in the locker room after the game - he said the entire team is just exhausted and out of gas. Mentally they aren’t there.

The city they play in has a mass murder (team shows up to support), then the team owner who is universally loved and heavily involved in day-to-day operations has what is presumed to be a stroke and hasn’t been seen in 6 months, Knox’s brother died suddenly during training camp, prized signing tears his ACL, team captain fucks up his neck and is lost for the year, QB injures his UCL and loses velocity, and then a safety literally dies and is resuscitated on the field.

It’s easy to minimize all that from the outside, but from the inside that takes a toll.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:22 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
3 more years? The bills start to come due sooner than that.

2023 will have:
FS Jessie Bates is a FA
SS Vonn Bell is a FA
CB Eli Apple is a FA
LB Germaine Pratt is a FA
+14 other FA/RFA

2024 will have:
QB Joe Burrow on his 5th-year option (proj. 30.4 million)
LT Jonah Williams is a FA
WR Tee Higgins is a FA
WR Tyler Boyd is a FA
LB Logan Wilson is a FA
DT DJ Reader is a FA
+9 other FA/RFA
2023 doesn't look too horrible.

But 2024 is rough as hell. I didn't realize Burrow's 5th year option was going to be that high. Wow. I mean, 1st overall. QB. It all checks out, I just didn't realize it.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:22 AM 01-25-2023
When the going gets tough, jump on a plane
~Hamlin lying motionless on the field. Players circle around.
VOICE OVER "You want to get away?" *Brought to you by Apple
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:25 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by JustDiqLix:
I have no idea if Allen ever gets one, because as you said it’s tough and one only QB wins every year.

But Allen is better than every QB you mentioned with the exception of Mahomes.
Right now he's the 3rd best qb in the conference just ahead of Lawrence, herbert and Lamar. He has a cannon of an arm and is big and strong. Where he falls short is between the ears, which is why I believe Lawrence will be considered the 3rd best qb next year
[Reply]
tredadda 09:25 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't think they can pay Burrow AND Chase AND Higgins and still field a championship team with the other 50 spots.
There is a possibility they could if they sign them as early as possible plus manipulate the cap some. I am no cap expert so I could be way off. I really think it will come down to Burrow’s contract. The length and flexibility will play a huge role in how many they keep.

I might also contemplate whether it would make more sense to keep Higgins (who should be cheaper than Chase) and possibly Boyd vs Chase and Boyd/Higgins at the expense of other positions on the team.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:26 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's why the whole "Do like the Patriots" stuff is just wrong. Or really, anything Patriots.

That's just not gonna happen again. Ever. It just won't. The league is built so that it won't. Too many things going against you.
I mean... Cheating to get guys signals still seems like a reasonable plan. Add in the major market, whatever they're doing to get all those dogshit calls on 3rd down, figure out a way to get your QB to marry someone richer than the best QB in the league. Convince the other teams in your league to suck monster cock for 2 decades so you have an all but guaranteed 6-0.

I mean some of those things are still doable. You have to sell your soul a bit, but yeah.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 09:26 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Right now he's the 3rd best qb in the conference just ahead of Lawrence, herbert and Lamar. He has a cannon of an arm and is big and strong. Where he falls short is between the ears, which is why I believe Lawrence will be considered the 3rd best qb next year
This is such a tired narrative. There is nothing wrong between Allen’s ears. He only had 2 more INT’s than Mahomes.

Allen is better than Burrow. Put Allen or Mahomes on Burrow’s stacked offense and Mahomes has 60 TD’s and Allen is probably at 50 TD’s. Burrow is at 35 (which is less than Allen has with just Diggs).
[Reply]
tredadda 09:28 AM 01-25-2023
I think recency bias is kicking in. No way is he just better than Herbert and Lamar. I can see your point about Lawrence though.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 01-25-2023
Yes, and although many people on this forum like to downplay it, the Bills had a TON of adversary this year. The Bills left guard actually talked about in the locker room after the game - he said the entire team is just exhausted and out of gas. Mentally they aren’t there.

The city they play in has a mass murder (team shows up to support), then the team owner who is universally loved and heavily involved in day-to-day operations has what is presumed to be a stroke and hasn’t been seen in 6 months, Knox’s brother died suddenly during training camp, prized signing tears his ACL, team captain ****s up his neck and is lost for the year, QB injures his UCL and loses velocity, and then a safety literally dies and is resuscitated on the field.

It’s easy to minimize all that from the outside, but from the inside that takes a toll.
It's a prime example of why the "all in year" rarely works out.

There's too many landmines in a long season.

Now Diggs is mad, Allen looked alot more like the guy they drafted with accuracy and turnover issues and their best pass rusher will be 34 coming off an ACL tear in November.

It's not ideal
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:31 AM 01-25-2023
This is such a tired narrative. There is nothing wrong between Allen’s ears. He only had 2 more INT’s than Mahomes.
It's more than int's though. It's taking what the D gives you instead of trying for the home run. There were multiple times wher he could have kept drives alive on Sunday by picking up the first down instead of trying for the bomb in that weather. That's why I say he lacks the smarts to be a truly elite qb
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 09:34 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Allen looked alot more like the guy they drafted with accuracy and turnover issues and their best pass rusher will be 34 coming off an ACL tear in November.

It's not ideal
What is up with all the misguided Allen bashing suddenly? Looks more like the guy they drafted??

It’s so weird. Like some of you don’t watch the games at all.

Allen was the exact same this year as he was last year. In every single facet. He may have actually been better. Heck he was the leader in MVP voting for half the season before he hurt his UCL.

2021 and 2022 Josh Allen comparison. 1 less game in 2022. Rushing yards and rushing touchdowns not included. Same guy. #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/8nJ91BqKNx

— Buffalo Fanatics (@BfloFanatics) January 19, 2023

[Reply]
JustDíqLix 09:37 AM 01-25-2023
It's more than int's though. It's taking what the D gives you instead of trying for the home run. There were multiple times wher he could have kept drives alive on Sunday by picking up the first down instead of trying for the bomb in that weather. That's why I say he lacks the smarts to be a truly elite qb
That’s not what happened. Check out the All22’s people are posting on Twitter. Allen was getting relentlessly pressured - it was a bit like Mahomes in the SB where he couldn’t do much because of the nonstop pressure. By the time even the flat guy became open, he was having to move out of the pocket or was getting hit.

We lost in the trenches. Allen was not the problem in any way.
[Reply]
O.city 09:39 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I mean... Cheating to get guys signals still seems like a reasonable plan. Add in the major market, whatever they're doing to get all those dogshit calls on 3rd down, figure out a way to get your QB to marry someone richer than the best QB in the league. Convince the other teams in your league to suck monster cock for 2 decades so you have an all but guaranteed 6-0.

I mean some of those things are still doable. You have to sell your soul a bit, but yeah.
I just hate when people throw out the "dynasty like the pats" stuff. It's just a unique thing that happened that won't happen again.
[Reply]
Page 214 of 247
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224 > Last »
Up