ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 214 of 727
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264314714 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
Reaper16 01:53 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
KK "Kansas City is not on Mizzou's radar. They don't care about us."

:-)
KK is right about that, for better or for worse.
[Reply]
Saul Good 01:54 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Biggest game of the year? Texas/OU?
The fuck?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:55 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
The fuck?
Well, since you caught it before I deleted. I meant it as far as big named team, OU/UT would be a bigger game. As far as mutual hate, MU would be a bigger game. Depends on how you look at it. Either way, it's generally a loss for KU.
[Reply]
Trevo_410 01:56 PM 10-05-2011
i think because we would be playing a much better value of teams in the sec, the appeal in KC should stay the same, especially for pure football college fans.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:56 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
You went from you don't think they can compete with Alabama...then jumped to they will be a doormat.

In recent years they beat Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl. Beat Ol Miss in Oxford. They are 5-1 recently against SEC teams.

Missouri isn't a stranger to big time football. Will it be harder? Yes. Will they be a doormat? lol.
IF the SEC went to KU and said come on, we want your basketball history...

Every KU fan in the world would tell Texas and OU to cram it up their cram holes were going to the SEC...

In the blink of an eye.
[Reply]
Coach 01:57 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
You went from you don't think they can compete with Alabama...then jumped to they will be a doormat.

In recent years they beat Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl. Beat Ol Miss in Oxford. They are 5-1 recently against SEC teams.

Missouri isn't a stranger to big time football. Will it be harder? Yes. Will they be a doormat? lol.
Well, good case. The issue here is, the talent in SEC is far much more superior than it is in the Big XII. Instead of playing a 2-8 Kansas team, most likely you will be playing a 3-7 Vanderbilt team, or 4-6 Arkansas team.

Hell, if KSU did go to the SEC, I would be somewhat concerned about how they would actually fare against teams like those, to be truthful with you.

Either way, I'm not so sure if I want to move a team that has been recently in the middle pack to the top level of the Big XII to be in a middle pack to the bottom of a SEC.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:57 PM 10-05-2011
KC is not on Mizzou's radar. I am okay with that. Love to hear KK and the like on the radio talking like Mizzou should give up millions of dollars, just to support KC. This is a ridiculous notion.
[Reply]
kstater 01:58 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Just to pat myself on the back, and to lighten the mood, enjoy goEMAW.com proposed SEC divisional names:

http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=15166.0
Cartierfor3 wins that thread.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 02:00 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC:
IF the SEC went to KU and said come on, we want your basketball history...

Every KU fan in the world would tell Texas and OU to cram it up their cram holes were going to the SEC...

In the blink of an eye.
I don't get it.

I honestly want the Big XII to work. Fuck the criminals in the $EC. Fuck the slow, boring as shit Big 10. Fuck 'em all, i'd rather stay put and enjoy the historic rivalries we've had with the old Big 8 members, and keep beating the shit out of Texas in every sport.
[Reply]
Crush 02:01 PM 10-05-2011
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...c0baaa102dd982

Athletic directors meeting at SEC headquarters

By JOHN ZENOR, AP Sports Writer – 2 hours ago

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — SEC athletic directors and Commissioner Mike Slive met Wednesday to discuss the logistics of Texas A&M's entry as the 13th member even though No. 14 might soon be on its way.

The meeting comes a day after University of Missouri curators voted unanimously to consider leaving the Big 12 — likely to join the Southeastern Conference — instead of committing to the league for the long term. However, SEC spokesman Charles Bloom said the AD meeting at league headquarters was scheduled several weeks ago.

"The focus of the meeting is the integration of Texas A&M into the Southeastern Conference," Bloom said, adding that the majority of the day would be spent discussing scheduling with 13 teams.

Other athletic department staffers and the transition team formed after Texas A&M's admission into the league also participated in the meeting in a conference room in the downtown Birmingham offices that was still ongoing Wednesday afternoon.

Slive has said he would prepare to go into next year as if there will be 13 teams, which would create unbalanced divisions. As for adding a 14th, he has emphasized that the SEC would be "strategic and thoughtful" in expansion, but shed little light otherwise on the league's plans.

SEC school administrators have indicated that adding a 14th school is likely, perhaps imminent.

South Carolina President Harris Pastides has said he doesn't "think 13 is a sustainable number, but I think 14 is." He added that he doesn't advocate growing to a 16-team league.

Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart has said the SEC will expand again but that members need to be deliberate in taking that next step.

The vote by Missouri curators makes the Tigers a leading contender.

The Big 12 said Monday that presidents and chancellors of the remaining nine members — including Missouri Chancellor Brady Deaton — have agreed to equal revenue sharing and to seek approval from each university to hand over the most lucrative television rights to the conference for six years.

Copyright © 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
[Reply]
Reaper16 02:02 PM 10-05-2011
I don't get it.

I honestly want the Big XII to work. Fuck the criminals in the $EC. Fuck the slow, boring as shit Big 10. Fuck 'em all, i'd rather stay put and enjoy the historic rivalries we've had with the old Big 8 members, and keep beating the shit out of Texas in every sport.
I want it too, but that is not realistic. It makes me legitimately sad.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:02 PM 10-05-2011
I don't get it.

I honestly want the Big XII to work. **** the criminals in the $EC. **** the slow, boring as shit Big 10. **** 'em all, i'd rather stay put and enjoy the historic rivalries we've had with the old Big 8 members, and keep beating the shit out of Texas in every sport.
Because in the end the conference most likely will not survive thanks to Texas.

Why waste time here when you can go ahead and get established in a real BCS conference?
[Reply]
Saul Good 02:03 PM 10-05-2011
I don't get it.

Mizzou: Gone
Nebraska: Gone
Colorado: Gone

Oklahoma: One foot out the door
Oklahoma State: One foot out the door

It's you, Kansas, Iowa State, and a bunch of Texas schools. Hooray for tradition.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:04 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by Wickedson:
KK should be good coming up here in a few.
I listened to his monologue, nothing more. You know what Keitzman sounded like? The fat bridesmaid that drunkenly laments at the end of the night why she can't get anyone to date her. It was pathetically embarrassing. My personal favorite part was where he was hyping up Mike DeArmond's quotes from St. John's show (GOLD), only to say after he played them that he didn't want to get too deep into what he said. I was almost embarrassed for him.

Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC:
Its funny to see all the butt hurt KU fans here.. so now were are down to posting pictures of peoples empty stadiums and talking attendace smack.

Jesus. MU is doing the right thing... Bailing on a failing conference is the RIGHT thing to do.

I am envy of MU and the SEC... Nothing the Big 12 does now will make a shit difference. It appears its a sinking ship full of junk.
Well spoken. Try and make Wickedson see the light, would you?
[Reply]
Crush 02:05 PM 10-05-2011
sptwri Mike DeArmond
Charles Bloom of the SEC just emailed that there will be no statement today out of the Southeastern Conference on the Missouri situation.
[Reply]
Page 214 of 727
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264314714 > Last »
Up