ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 213 of 258
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:08 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You June 1 cut Armstead.

He just never took the next step. In 2019 he looked like he might be ready to explode and live up to that draft status, then he become more of an okay IDL.

He's a fine player, don't get me wrong. But that's not 'fine player' money and a June 1 designation frees up $20 million in cap space for them.
Even then you still have $162 million stocked into just 9 players. That’s not good especially with no draft picks.

It’s also not counting the $10 million for Trey Lance. They gotta figure out what to do with him.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:12 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Kissell is really riding the money aspect hard he just said they can't afford Aiyuk either.
If you trade for him you extend him on a LTD. They were in on AJ Brown if you remember.

Could definitely see it
[Reply]
Mecca 02:13 PM 03-27-2023
If he's basically saying that this is their line for money that's kinda cheap to be real.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Even then you still have $162 million stocked into just 9 players. That’s not good especially with no draft picks.

It’s also not counting the $10 million for Trey Lance. They gotta figure out what to do with him.
Yeah, but they free up some maneuverability in 2025 so they could bonus out Williams, Kittle and/or Deebo and free up quite a bit. And a LTC for Aiyuk is unlikely to have much year 1 damage.

McCaffrey is almost certainly going to get cut outright by then; in either event, he won't carry a $12 million hit. He'll get extended to reduce that number or he'll get cut. Maaaaaybe they make a phony extension with a voidable year and convert his base to bonus to spread the $12 million over 2 years. Kinlaw will be gone and his $10 million with him.

With their QB, some dead money and their best 6-7 players accounted for, they'll be at about $160 million in that group and they could probably move about $20 million of that out in restructures in a way that isn't catastrophic long-term.

Things aren't exactly easy for them over the next year or two, but I don't think they've reached critical mass just yet either.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:24 PM 03-27-2023
If he's basically saying that this is their line for money that's kinda cheap to be real.
I’m really hoping Veach leaked this a little knowing Kissel would hit the story hard and make Clark budge. Assuming this is true, it’s really not acceptable and Hunt needs to unclench his ass cheeks. Kind of makes me sick to my stomach to be hearing this.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:25 PM 03-27-2023
Kissell is really riding the money aspect hard he just said they can't afford Aiyuk either.
We're paying Mahomes, Kelce, Thuney, Taylor, Jones and.....????

So apparently there's room for only 5 big contracts. After that, peanuts for everyone else?

Hrmmmm
[Reply]
Mecca 02:31 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We're paying Mahomes, Kelce, Thuney, Taylor, Jones and.....????

So apparently there's room for only 5 big contracts. After that, peanuts for everyone else?

Hrmmmm

Would still run into the same issues with money. If they can't afford DHop, they can't afford Aiyuk.

Unless they push an extension, which probably wouldn't make sense for the player. https://t.co/9tri0txG6L

— BJ Kissel (@BJ_KCSN) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:50 PM 03-27-2023
We're NOT trading a first rounder for Ayuik. Have people lost their minds?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:53 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Who is Tracy Kaiser?

But no, no one is trading a 1st for Aiyuk.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:54 PM 03-27-2023
The tag/trade gambit didn't work out so well for teams this year.

And I think the NFL writ large is conceding that nobody can really afford two big money WRs anymore.

They're fortunate that they have the 5th year option on him. That should allow them to push this year and trade him next offseason. The Bengals with Higgins, OTOH, are not so fortunate.

They really should be looking to get him traded but they're probably also better served pushing some chips in this year, trying to get over the hump and then tagging/trading next offseason when they could certainly get someone to bite.
This is another reason why 1st round picks are so valuable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:57 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I’m really hoping Veach leaked this a little knowing Kissel would hit the story hard and make Clark budge. Assuming this is true, it’s really not acceptable and Hunt needs to unclench his ass cheeks. Kind of makes me sick to my stomach to be hearing this.
He doesn't mean 'afford' in the sense of cash spending, IMO.

He just means cap space.

Hunt's never been one to pass on an opportunity because of the cost. It's strictly a cap issue and Clark 'unclenching his ass cheeks' does nothing to alleviate that.

Chill the fuck out, folks. Hunt's a spectacular owner and he's really getting barbs for the first time it's ever even been RUMORED (or more realistically, misinterpreted) that he doesn't want to write a check?

I mean there may be something 'unacceptable' in this exchange but it ain't on Clark's side of the ledger.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:02 PM 03-27-2023

He just means cap space.

Hunt's never been one to pass on an opportunity because of the cost. It's strictly a cap issue and Clark 'unclenching his ass cheeks' does nothing to alleviate that.

Chill the fuck out, folks. Hunt's a spectacular owner and he's really getting barbs for the first time it's ever even been RUMORED (or more realistically, misinterpreted) that he doesn't want to write a check?

I mean there may be something 'unacceptable' in this exchange but it ain't on Clark's side of the ledger.
EXACTLY.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:03 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Veach was in on AJ Brown last year. He knew it would cost a 1st to get him. Why would he not be thinking about this?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:03 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
This is another reason why 1st round picks are so valuable.
Indeed.

Which is why the annual 'trade back!!' chorus confuses me. Especially when it's folks saying "Just get a 4th and be happy..."

I wouldn't give up the 5th year option for a 4th round pick, let alone a 4th round pick AND the risk that we get 'Junior Siavii'd' like we did when we traded back and lost out on Olshanski only to be left drafting old Junior - RIP, Spithood.

I hate trading out of the first round for the same reasons I hate the 'it's pick 31 - basically a 2nd round pick...' stuff. That's just not accurate. There are obvious benefits to being the last pick of the 1st over the first pick of the 2nd.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:03 PM 03-27-2023

He just means cap space.

I mean he blessed off on the largest contract in the history of sports. Not sure how anyone would question him spending money.
[Reply]
Page 213 of 258
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223 > Last »
Up