ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 213 of 247
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
DRM08 12:29 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
buffalo has basically built their offense to where they need to keep the guy or suffer a drop off. i could honestly see them taking a page out of our book and doing a bit of a reload
I could see them going that route. The Buffalo GM seems to think Cincy might run into some issues when they finally have to pay Burrow & Chase. But everyone in the AFC still has to wait 3 years or more for that to truly become a major problem in Cincy.
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:27 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
It’s possible Allen and the Bills get one eventually. Even when Brady ruled the roost, Manning (the AFC one) and Big Ben got a couple each. But it’s just as possible Allen becomes this QB eras Marino, Moon, Fouts, Rivers, etc. Only one QB wins it every year. Allen has probably a shorter career trajectory because of his style of play. So what’s he got? 8-10 more cracks at it? And to get it (not just get there) he’ll have to go through or around Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence, Herbert, Lamar somewhere, Rodgers for a few more years, the Niners guy (QB is not as important for them), Hurts, a couple I’m probably missing, and a couple who will come along over the next few years. I’m not saying all
of the guys I named will get one but Allen is gonna face those guys a bunch over that time span. That’s a tough row to hoe.
Allen can’t be the next Rivers because Herbert is the next Rivers.
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:54 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I could see them going that route. The Buffalo GM seems to think Cincy might run into some issues when they finally have to pay Burrow & Chase. But everyone in the AFC still has to wait 3 years or more for that to truly become a major problem in Cincy.
Three years? How do you figure?
Burrow's contract is up after next season in which they will opt for the 5th year option, increasing his cap hit significantly. Higgins on the same boat. He will not be cheap. Likely traded if we are being honest as the franchise tag won't make him happy and will still damage the cap.
Jonah Williams' contract is up this year. He wants to get paid. Same with Bates who btw is most definitely not signing for cheap after holding out last preseason.
Cracks on this bungholes roster will begin to show immediately starting next season and especially the season after.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:58 AM 01-25-2023
3 more years? The bills start to come due sooner than that.

2023 will have:
FS Jessie Bates is a FA
SS Vonn Bell is a FA
CB Eli Apple is a FA
LB Germaine Pratt is a FA
+14 other FA/RFA

2024 will have:
QB Joe Burrow on his 5th-year option (proj. 30.4 million)
LT Jonah Williams is a FA
WR Tee Higgins is a FA
WR Tyler Boyd is a FA
LB Logan Wilson is a FA
DT DJ Reader is a FA
+9 other FA/RFA
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:04 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:

2023 will have:
FS Jessie Bates is a FA
SS Vonn Bell is a FA
CB Eli Apple is a FA
+14 other FA/RFA

2024 will have:
WR Tee Higgins is a FA
WR Tyler Boyd is a FA
LB Logan Wilson is a FA
DT DJ Reader is a FA
+9 other FA/RFA
Damn, it's a lot deeper than I imagined. We're gonna see what the Home Alone kid is really made of when he has to carry an average roster on his shoulders.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:06 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Burrow's contract is up after next season in which they will opt for the 5th year option, increasing his cap hit significantly. Higgins on the same boat. He will not be cheap. Likely traded if we are being honest as the franchise tag won't make him happy and will still damage the cap.
Jonah Williams' contract is up this year. He wants to get paid. Same with Bates who btw is most definitely not signing for cheap after holding out last preseason.
Cracks on this bungholes roster will begin to show immediately starting next season and especially the season after.
Originally Posted by kccrow:

2023 will have:
FS Jessie Bates is a FA
SS Vonn Bell is a FA
CB Eli Apple is a FA
+14 other FA/RFA

2024 will have:
WR Tee Higgins is a FA
WR Tyler Boyd is a FA
LB Logan Wilson is a FA
DT DJ Reader is a FA
+9 other FA/RFA

I hope you guys are both correct and we start seeing major issues in the next couple years, especially with the Cincy defense. I think they are hoping Burrow will give them a Mahomes 10-year deal that's heavily backloaded with flexibility to move money around.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:54 AM 01-25-2023
I hope you guys are both correct and we start seeing major issues in the next couple years, especially with the Cincy defense. I think they are hoping Burrow will give them a Mahomes 10-year deal that's heavily backloaded with flexibility to move money around.
If he's serious about contending every year, he will.

I think he is. But they're still not keeping Chase AND Higgins AND Boyd.

You just can't.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:11 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
True, but it's refreshing that he's not trying to sugarcoat it. He knows that this year was their best shot and they failed miserably. Now they'll have to reset and hope that the bungles and Chiefs fall off a bit for them to have another real shot at a title
Gonna need more than that. Miami and the NYJ are improving and Buffalo won’t get Patriots luck and benefit from a trash division. There is a real sense that of Tua stays healthy and the Jets get a QB, the Bills could end up not even winning the AFCE.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:12 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by JustDiqLix:
sigh

Run it back.

:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 08:12 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

You just can't.
They’re absolutely losing Jessie Bates after this year and then it gets really hard after next season bc Tee Higgins and Logan Wilson are FA’s.

They’ve got next year and then 2024 is gonna be real hard for them
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:14 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Gonna need more than that. Miami and the NYJ are improving and Buffalo won’t get Patriots luck and benefit from a trash division. There is a real sense that of Tua stays healthy and the Jets get a QB, the Bills could end up not even winning the AFCE.
Agreed, especially if the jets land Rodgers.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:14 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
hes showing his ass rn with the third best QB in the conference. wait until hes playing w someone even worse than keenum/cousins. fuck him, dude is a spoiled ass bitch. typical diva receiver who thinks they should get 35 targets a game.
Thing is that if he’s on a bad team that QB will force feed him the ball all he wants.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:26 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Exactly. This is why building a good team is relatively easy (if you get the QB right) while building a dynasty in a salary cap era is so hard.

When you suck for a good number of years you can load up on young, stud talent because you draft high. You also typically have the cap space to sign good FAs.

Once you become good you no longer have the benefit of drafting high and at some point your talent will need to get paid and there is only so much to go around.

I have been vocal about trying to see how Burrow does without elite weapons, but the more I think about it the more I think he will be fine. Maybe not as explosive, but still really freaking good.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:27 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

You just can't.
If I were a betting man they keep Chase and Higgins and let Boyd walk.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:09 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
If I were a betting man they keep Chase and Higgins and let Boyd walk.
I don't think they can pay Burrow AND Chase AND Higgins and still field a championship team with the other 50 spots.
[Reply]
Page 213 of 247
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223 > Last »
Up