ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 212 of 333
« First < 112162202208209210211212 213214215216222262312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:49 AM 07-13-2023
Bobby has been getting better each month. Unless you are just doing Prison Bitch drive by stat posting.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:06 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Bobby has been getting better each month. Unless you are just doing Prison Bitch drive by stat posting.
Trade him then. No one on this team should be protected from being traded.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:08 AM 07-13-2023
Yet offensively he's worse than he was last year...

18 months ago every publication out there had the top 3 prospects as Rutschman, Rodriguez and Witt and the order depended on the writer they were that close..

And 18 months later Witt is trailing them pretty significantly as an MLB player, why is that?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:30 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yet offensively he's worse than he was last year...

18 months ago every publication out there had the top 3 prospects as Rutschman, Rodriguez and Witt and the order depended on the writer they were that close..

And 18 months later Witt is trailing them pretty significantly as an MLB player, why is that?
You just spouting shit off again. Look at Julio Rodriguez vs Bobby Witt for this year.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:33 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Trade him then. No one on this team should be protected from being traded.
You want to trade a young, talented, controlled guy in the midst his second season who has 4 more years control AFTER this one? And is a potential superstar? Just because? I mean I get the nobody is untradeable stance, but you dont trade a potential star like that, just because you might get something in return. He could break out and be a star in 2-3 years with REAL value. We are in full rebuild and replenishment. His potential value down the road could be exponentially increased. These are the players you need, not to dump. He is showing improvement, let in play out, in my opinion.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:33 AM 07-13-2023
You just spouting shit off again. Look at Julio Rodriguez vs Bobby Witt for this year.
Yes because the first half of this year is the only comparison...lets not mention that Rodriguez shit all over Witt for the entirety of last year.

So far for their major league careers Witt is trailing behind the other 2. Shit to this point Gunner Henderson is a better MLB player.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:34 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
You want to trade a young, talented, controlled guy with in his second season who has 4 more years control AFTER this one? Just because? I mean I get the nobody is untradeable stance, but you dont trade a potential star like that, just because.you might get something in return. He could break out and be a superstar in 2-3 years with REAL value. We are in full rebuild and replenishment. His potential value down the road could be exponentially increased. These are the players you need, not to dump. He is showing improvement, let in play out, in my opinion.
I'd listen depending on the offer...no one should be untouchable on a team this bad.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:49 AM 07-13-2023
Yes because the first half of this year is the only comparison...lets not mention that Rodriguez shit all over Witt for the entirety of last year.

So far for their major league careers Witt is trailing behind the other 2. Shit to this point Gunner Henderson is a better MLB player.
Witt has gotten better both offensively (a very little) and defensively (a little more). But he sure does not look to be a generational talent. Rutschmann and Julio Rodriguez would be preferred, and it's not even close. I don't even know how you could debate otherwise with a straight face.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:50 AM 07-13-2023

There stats from last year were about the same as well. Bobby had more hits, doubles, triples, RBIs, and stolen bases. Rodriguez beat him on home runs. Witt had a rough shitty year defensively as a rookie.

And Witt's stats compared to Rutschman's are pretty much the same as well. Bobby beat him in most stat categories in 2022 as well. Rustchman takes more walks and doesn't strike out.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:50 AM 07-13-2023
I can't envision a trade where it makes sense for KC to actually move Bobby Witt. I'm not sure what a team would be giving up to get him.

Teams don't make the type of mistakes they would have to be willing to make to offer enough for him. The computers don't let it happen.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:53 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Witt has gotten better both offensively (a very little) and defensively (a little more). But he sure does not look to be a generational talent. Rutschmann and Julio Rodriguez would be preferred, and it's not even close. I don't even know how you could debate otherwise with a straight face.
Witt, Rodriguez, and Rutschmann all have very similar stats this year. Not debating the other two aren't better than Witt right now, but the comment that "it's not even close" is off base.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:56 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Witt, Rodriguez, and Rutschmann all have very similar stats this year. Not debating the other two aren't better than Witt right now, but the comment that "it's not even close" is off base.
???

Rodriguez was 6.0 WAR and Rutschmann 5.2 WAR. Along with both their better offense than Witt Jr, they have shown to be fantastic defenders at their position.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:58 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
???

Rodriguez was 6.0 WAR and Rutschmann 5.2 WAR. Along with both their better offense than Witt Jr, they have shown to be fantastic defenders at their position.
This year, knucklehead.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:08 PM 07-13-2023

[Reply]
myselff77 12:29 PM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
You want to trade a young, talented, controlled guy in the midst his second season who has 4 more years control AFTER this one? And is a potential superstar? Just because? I mean I get the nobody is untradeable stance, but you dont trade a potential star like that, just because you might get something in return. He could break out and be a star in 2-3 years with REAL value. We are in full rebuild and replenishment. His potential value down the road could be exponentially increased. These are the players you need, not to dump. He is showing improvement, let in play out, in my opinion.
With the current state of the organization, there is no way the Royals will be competitive in the 4 years remaining of Witt's team control. If trading him brings in a haul that will shorten the timeline towards competitiveness, go for it. If that type of return is not there, then I agree, let it play out.
[Reply]
Page 212 of 333
« First < 112162202208209210211212 213214215216222262312 > Last »
Up