View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 212 of 343
« First < 112162202208209210211212 213214215216222262312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:45 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Cmon man, this is about far more than the first quarter, its a continuous theme to Browns career so far at LT...Chiefs have to start fast and Brown cant pull his weight...I really think his confidence is shot on pass blocking
I was speaking directly to your assertions regarding Monday night, which were simply inaccurate.

And he played good football in the second half last season.

Again - he's not worth what he's asking. He's not some pile of shit either.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:55 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I was speaking directly to your assertions regarding Monday night, which were simply inaccurate.

And he played good football in the second half last season.

Again - he's not worth what he's asking. He's not some pile of shit either.
no shit Sherlock...thats not new info..are you talking pass blocking on Pats blind side?
He is a good run blocker...Im done, thanks for the back and forth
[Reply]
TEX 05:19 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Very average to shitty pass blocker, but an elite run blocker.
He has not been elite at run blocking this season.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:49 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
He has not been elite at run blocking this season.

Evidently, he's dealing with a knee injury which fucks up his value because if he isn't relatively healthy then can forget parlaying a way to get paid as if he were a HOFer
[Reply]
TEX 06:02 PM 10-12-2022
Evidently, he's dealing with a knee injury which ****s up his value because if he isn't relatively healthy then can forget parlaying a way to get paid as if he were a HOFer
That damn loose sod in Zona week 1 took a toll on a lot of Chiefs. :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:26 PM 10-12-2022
He did play well the second half. They all manned up big. Mahomes had really good protection. Do that against the Bill's and we will house their ass.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:28 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
orlando gave up a couple bad pressures but i think overall he had a pretty good game...what a ****ing monster

I don't care if he can run block or not
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:34 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He did play well the second half. They all manned up big. Mahomes had really good protection. Do that against the Bill's and we will house their ass.
If KC blocks as well as they did against Tampa or CEH's rookie year against the Bills then Chiefs will fist them so bad their vag will look like an upside down pop tent
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:42 PM 10-12-2022

Best offensive tackles in pass protection so far in 2022 pic.twitter.com/B9D4OipJIF

— Timo Riske (@PFF_Moo) October 12, 2022

[Reply]
raybec 4 08:47 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
They continue to just make up stats. I have no idea what any of that is based on.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
They continue to just make up stats. I have no idea what any of that is based on.
Where he stands on the success rate seems about right; slightly below average.

I am, however, a little puzzled by his 'quality of competition' grade.

Week 1: Zach Allen/Markus Golden - Allen's a quality developing pass rusher; Golden is a very good player who put up double digit sacks last year.

Week 2: Khalil Mack is still quite good.

Week 3: Yannick Ngakoue - there's a fair amount of disagreement there, I guess. I still think he's a high quality pass rusher.

Week 4: I think his matchup was mostly Joe Tryon. He's okay. Still more potential than performance.

Week 5: Chandler Jones

I mean if I'm gonna rank those by degree of difficulty i'd say Tryon, Allen/Golden, Yannick, Mack, Jones.

Tryon is probably right at an average pass-rushing DE. The rest are varying degrees of above average to quite good. It seems strange to me that this nets a 'below average' degree of difficulty.

I mean...it isn't like he got to match up against Frank Clark in there anywhere...
[Reply]
jd1020 09:08 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I am, however, a little puzzled by his 'quality of competition' grade.

It seems strange to me that this nets a 'below average' degree of difficulty.
The graph says "Easier assignments to the right, harder to the left."

So his assignments have been slightly above average, not below. It's negative values.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:09 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
CP: "OBJ sucks balls! Let's trade for Storm Norton!"
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:10 PM 10-12-2022
Very average to shitty pass blocker, but an elite run blocker.
Why do you think he’s an elite run blocker? I haven’t seen it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The graph says "Easier assignments to the right, harder to the left."

So his assignments have been slightly above average, not below.
Aaaaaaahhhhhh...

Now that checks out. Stupid illiteracy strikes again.

Yeah, I mean, I have a bit of a hard time speaking to where anyone else should be on that graph and thus where he stands in relation to the competition, but just looking at his spot on the respective axes in a vacuum, both OBJ and Wylie seem...about right.

The Chiefs REALLY need to fall ass backwards into somebody like Larry Borom. That's a really solid RT the Bears grabbed in the 5th round who was suddenly starting by the middle of his rookie year.
[Reply]
Page 212 of 343
« First < 112162202208209210211212 213214215216222262312 > Last »
Up