ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 211 of 324
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
penguinz 09:02 PM 07-12-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He was injured again at the end of last year after the steroid suspension. I would hardly call his play last year hugely productive. 11.2 ypc isn't good. He was the only WR that wasn't absolutely atrocious for 80% of his playing time. He wasn't even close to some great WR past year. He was just the only option that wasn't absolute trash.
It wasn't for steroids. It was for a SARM.. Ostarine MK-2866. One of Ostarines benefits is to speed healing of injured muscle.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:27 PM 07-12-2023
Yea Jones extension anyway now

Chris Jones did thank Veach first ���� pic.twitter.com/L4pXQrjWQ5

— Lexi (@lexiosborne) July 13, 2023

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:29 PM 07-12-2023
He was injured again at the end of last year after the steroid suspension. I would hardly call his play last year hugely productive. 11.2 ypc isn't good. He was the only WR that wasn't absolutely atrocious for 80% of his playing time. He wasn't even close to some great WR past year. He was just the only option that wasn't absolute trash.
Yeah, it was a minor injury and one he likely would have played through had the Cardinals not been absolute garbage going nowhere.

You think maybe his yardage suffered a bit playing with garbage QBs as the only remote threat out there?

I know you are vehemently opposed to the idea of Hopkins with the Chiefs, but you're stretching a bit with some of the critiques.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:41 PM 07-12-2023
He really doesn't like to practice?

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Gee, let's be sure to pay him a bunch of money then!
He still seems to be effective on game day. But yea maybe not the best vet leader/example.

I would still be okay with him if cheap enough but I'm not really seeing that happening.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:48 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
He really doesn't like to practice?

He still seems to be effective on game day. But yea maybe not the best vet leader/example.

I would still be okay with him if cheap enough but I'm not really seeing that happening.
Yeah, he does. Good player, skill-set wise. But not a fan of entitlement, or the injury history, or the age, or the money. But I've been clear all along.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:59 AM 07-13-2023
Yeah, he does. Good player, skill-set wise. But not a fan of entitlement, or the injury history, or the age, or the money. But I've been clear all along.
Hes a vet NFL player. Lots of them don't practica a lot. He's always looked ready come game day.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 06:01 AM 07-13-2023
And defenses knew that, cover Hopkins, put a spy on Kyler, beat the Arizona offense. You can say that 11.2 YPC isn't good, but when you're bracketed with two defenders covering your likely route then it makes sense why your numbers would be lower. Considering every single one of our starting WR options, and even a backup or two, had over 11 YPC I would like to see what he would do with Andy Reid and the system we have in place. Not to mention Patrick Mahomes throwing him the ball and working with him. The longer this takes the less time they have to gel so let's go Veach, I don't care if we're looking back in three years at a broken down Chris Jones saying that was an Eric Berry 2.0 contract, you'll still have Patrick and at a minimum three Super Bowls under your belt for built up cred with the fanbase, lets get it done and get on with this year. Even if you fail the next four years, which we know you won't, we won't fly banners against you like we did Pioli, you have alot of grace to take some risks.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:04 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Hes a vet NFL player. Lots of them don't practica a lot. He's always looked ready come game day.
this is not that kind of offense.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:01 AM 07-13-2023
Were gonna sign the shit out of this guy
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:07 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
When these things leak, we've all heard they leak from the agent of the player. By saying "Deandre is thinking Tennessee." What they're saying is, "Chiefs and other teams, you need to hurry up or sweeten the pot if you want him."
Fuck that. No way we get in a bidding war with the Titans. No way Veach pays him anything close to top $.

He is waiting for the Jones contract and seeing how much KC will cough up and how much less is it than the Titans offer to consider coming here for a ring. Same place we have been in since this all started.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:27 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Were gonna sign the shit out of this guy
Oh HELL yeah brother
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 07-13-2023
I'd imagine they would be fine with him taking some rest days during the week if they sign him.
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 AM 07-13-2023
I'd rather spend any extra money they free up on another pass rusher anyway at this point.
[Reply]
Spott 08:38 AM 07-13-2023
This is definitely not an offense where you can skip practice. It’s not like he’s vintage Randy Moss and you can just tell him to go deep/get open and it will work itself out.
[Reply]
TEX 08:48 AM 07-13-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd imagine they would be fine with him taking some rest days during the week if they sign him.
Here's the thing though, when he would miss practice with the Texans, often times it was not for rest. It really became an issue with BOB. He would follow the rules, as far as all of his absenses were excused, but he would always be on the fringe of it not being cool. The other players noticed and it did cause issues.There were a different set of rules for him. Truth be told, he really abused the system. Not sure if he did the same in Zona.
[Reply]
Page 211 of 324
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Up