View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 210 of 343
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260310 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:45 PM 10-11-2022
“Orlando Brown Jr. had a season high 51 pass block snaps, but tied a season low with 2 pressures allowed.”

He was passable last night. Especially the second half. And he was playing Chandler Jones and the best DE in the league not named Nick Bosa.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:46 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm just at the point where Brown is a below average LT that doesn't deserve what he was offered, much less what he wants, and the Chiefs would be wise to end this come the draft. He's not moving to RT and honestly, I don't want to see him at either tackle spot.

As for Wylie, he's backup-grade and starting. The Chiefs really need to upgrade. There are much better options at RT in free agency next year than LT so it might be wise to get an upgrade even if it's a rental. If you can keep Wylie at a discount as a reserve, great. If not, let him go.
I doubt Wylie will draw much, if any, interest around the league. He's ours for life. I will say that he has improved since last season. His core strength seems to be better, so he's not losing quite so many reps by bull rushers. But he's definitely not starting material.

Brown had a terrible first half, then seemed to pull it together a little in the 2nd. But definitely not worth top 10 money. He should've taken the offer at the beginning of the season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:05 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
“Orlando Brown Jr. had a season high 51 pass block snaps, but tied a season low with 2 pressures allowed.”

He was passable last night. Especially the second half. And he was playing Chandler Jones and the best DE in the league not named Nick Bosa.
Yeah - he had one genuinely bad play that I saw. I actually think that was a solid effort overall so that number doesn't shock me.

Worth the contract he wants? No. But we gotta let that shit go until the spring gets here. He's what we've got and we can win a championship playing the way he played Monday night.
[Reply]
poolboy 07:18 PM 10-11-2022
its a good thing he wASNT playing rt...Crosby would have abused him
I dont think he can play tackle in the NFL...Chandler Jones hasnt done bumpkus all year
[Reply]
poolboy 07:20 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - he had one genuinely bad play that I saw. I actually think that was a solid effort overall so that number doesn't shock me.

Worth the contract he wants? No. But we gotta let that shit go until the spring gets here. He's what we've got and we can win a championship playing the way he played Monday night.
no..jones was everywhere..Brown cant pass block
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:21 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He did absolutely destroy a guy downfield on one of McKinnon’s nice gain. So that was fun to watch at least.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:26 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
The fact that Kelce is a future ballot HOF'er really salvaged the 2013 Chiefs draft class, outside of Fisher, if we're being honest.

Everyone else in that 2013 class was, well.... terrible to say it nicely. Sure some of them had a nice game here or there, but it wasn't anything special or consistent, whatever you want to apply here.
DeAndre Hopkins and Bakhtiari were in that draft too
[Reply]
Coach 08:08 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
DeAndre Hopkins and Bakhtiari were in that draft too
I was talking about the Chiefs picks for that year, as I stated "2013 Chiefs draft class, outside of Fisher".
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:10 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
I was talking about the Chiefs picks for that year, as I stated "2013 Chiefs draft class, outside of Fisher".
And they were available to KC from the 1st to 4th round.
[Reply]
srvy 08:16 PM 10-11-2022
As Andy says guys like Patrick don't come around often. So when you get one you can treat him like Luck and get a short career or make the sacrifice and cover his blind side and get a 12 to 16-year career. Unless thing change drastically I'd make it clear to OBJr that he won't be getting an LT tackle payday from us but we can offer you a position at RT and compete for starting position.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 08:19 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Brown played for Baltimore.
Oh, fuck me, I knew that.

Still, in the words of the late Michael Aday, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 PM 10-11-2022
orlando gave up a couple bad pressures but i think overall he had a pretty good game...what a fucking monster

It is a thing of beauty watching Orlando Brown Jr. work on the frontside of a down-scheme run.

Creates wider lane by helping Thuney first, then just works upfield from one potential block to the next pic.twitter.com/P0JSy8QaJs

— Ron Kopp Jr. (@Ron_Kopp) October 12, 2022

[Reply]
poolboy 10:03 PM 10-11-2022
quit trying to polish a turd...so yeah he blocked somebody...he is a left tackle
"the second most important position on the team"
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:30 PM 10-11-2022
I don't think most of you know what you are looking at when it comes to OL. He had a couple of bad reps last night, but was pretty good for the most part. That's been how pretty much all of his games have been this year. He has a couple of bad reps, but for the most part he's pretty damn good. He's a LT and goes against the best pass rushers on the opposing team. Hes gonna lose a few reps.

With that being said, he does not deserve a record breaking contract.
[Reply]
poolboy 10:50 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I don't think most of you know what you are looking at when it comes to OL. He had a couple of bad reps last night, but was pretty good for the most part. That's been how pretty much all of his games have been this year. He has a couple of bad reps, but for the most part he's pretty damn good. He's a LT and goes against the best pass rushers on the opposing team. Hes gonna lose a few reps.

With that being said, he does not deserve a record breaking contract.
oh, we know what we are looking at..he cant handle speed rushers/// Chandler Jones was back there all night so will Miller and then Bosa
[Reply]
Page 210 of 343
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260310 > Last »
Up