ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 41
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-19-2024
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:02 PM 04-23-2024
Veach himself stated that he liked the tackles in this draft but that they fell of quickly in the early 1st as far as value.

Listen to his last press conference.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:06 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Who's KC's current LT? I highly doubt they spend pick 32 on a LT that won't start this year. They need a LT far more than WR.
I mean who doesn’t want to bring back Donovan Smith and have him inevitable be injured for the 3rd year in a row causing Wanya Morris to get his ass kicked again and ruin our season?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:09 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I am officially changing my Call Your Shot pick to Ladd McConkey. Just think he's a better fit than Mitchell, so I'm switching from Mitchell to McConkey. LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If we get a 3 peat, Kelsey probably retires. He's got a pot of gold waiting on him in media and or acting.

Could Ladd take some of Kelce's routes or perform some of the same function within the offense?
[Reply]
O.city 01:09 PM 04-23-2024
I'd imagine they see how the draft plays out, then if it doesn't go their way at LT they can circle back to one of the vets still on the market.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:10 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I mean who doesn’t want to bring back Donovan Smith and have him inevitable be injured for the 3rd year in a row causing Wanya Morris to get his ass kicked again and ruin our season?
I don't know many people who don't think we should a tackle.

The issue is are you getting someone at the end of the 1st that you couldn't get as a similar talent in the 2nd?

If we're taking a project tackle with great traits and a few rough edges there will be a bunch of guys in the 2nd or 3rd like that.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:12 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If we get a 3 peat, Kelsey probably retires. He's got a pot of gold waiting on him in media and or acting.

Could Ladd take some of Kelce's routes or perform some of the same function within the offense?
Ladd would be a great addition to this offense.

I saw Mahomes even mention route running when talking about the WR's he likes and that gave me hope that McConk is a possibility.
[Reply]
O.city 01:12 PM 04-23-2024
That's every position, outside of maybe C or off ball LB'er.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:15 PM 04-23-2024
I think it'll get an interesting reaction but I think the 1st pick is Jer'Zahn Newton.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:16 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think it'll get an interesting reaction but I think the 1st pick is Jer'Zahn Newton.
Relax. I can only get so hard Mecca.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:16 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Pretty sure you thought he would retire if we won 2 in a row too. Maybe that was someone else.
[Reply]
Icon 01:18 PM 04-23-2024
When asked specifically about Wanya both Bleach and Reid were not enthusiastic about his performance last year. They said all the right things not to crush Wanya's ego but it's clear they know they need to improve at T otherwise Patrick will be running for his life back there.

I think Bleach will try like mad to trade up and get one of the top LTs but I'm wondering if a backup plan would be to take a RT in round 2 or 3 and move Jawann to LT. I just don't think a LT will be available at 32 that will be ready to perform at the level we all want.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:19 PM 04-23-2024
Veach’s answer to his first question about OT:

“I think for us when it comes to tackle position, once you get past pick 35 or 40, most of those guys are gone. If you pick in the top 10 it’s a great class. If you pick in the top 15 it’s a great class. If you’re picking at 32 and 64 you’ve got a shot.”

Translation: all these mf’s are gonna be gone in the top 40 and if we want one we’ll have to get one in the first rd.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:21 PM 04-23-2024
If the board breaks where a legit talent is there which is why I think it's Newton, they'll just bring back Donovan Smith for another year.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:22 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Everyone should be very happy if it's Newton...he and Jones would be a nightmare for O-lines.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:23 PM 04-23-2024
Needs to find a long term answer at OT this draft. There's way too much uncertainty along the interior to be playing this game AGAIN in 2025.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 41
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up