ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 21 of 114
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 07:00 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
It is literally billions of dollars lets have enough respect for the taxpayers not pretend this is free.
It is not costing you billions of dollars... the benefits far outweigh the costs....unless you want KC to take a step back and be a glorified Little Rock.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:00 PM 04-02-2024
It is literally billions of dollars lets have enough respect for the taxpayers not pretend this is free.
It doesn’t cost you or any one individual more than a few hundred bucks per year. Stop being so dramatic, you fat dumb cunt.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:01 PM 04-02-2024

The first batch of results from Jackson County are posted. I was told Friday the first batch would be the early votes and walk-in votes, which I underscore is not necessarily representative of the big picture. So I share them in that context: 2,940 no (56.5%), 2,266 yes (43.5%).

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) April 3, 2024

[Reply]
|Zach| 07:01 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
It is not costing you billions of dollars... the benefits far outweigh the costs....unless you want KC to take a step back and be a glorified Little Rock.
If they offer up a plan that works I will vote for it.

You being scared about their bluff is a you problem.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:03 PM 04-02-2024
but loves taxes on every other level...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:04 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Every single economist that has actually done a study on this will tell you professional sports do not bring money to the community.
Yes they do. What hell are talking about. Hotels and restaurants benefit and the lease brings in money.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 07:04 PM 04-02-2024

History has show it is not a bluff. Just ask Oakland or St. Louis, for example.

Your lack of knowledge is a you problem.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:04 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
but loves taxes on every other level...
We all know if this tax money was used to actually help the citizens of Kansas City people like you would hate it.

But billionaires are asking for it? They won't even tell me what their plan is? Hell yea brother where do I sign up. :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:05 PM 04-02-2024

They will be calling the bluff in 6 years moving out.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:05 PM 04-02-2024
If it doesn’t pass, who do you blame?
[Reply]
Mecca 07:05 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Yes they do. What hell are talking about. Hotels and restaurants benefit and the lease brings in money.

You should do some research on this then you'd understand.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:05 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The people who wanted billions of dollars for us but barely gave us a plan for it.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:05 PM 04-02-2024
John Sherman for putting together a pathetic campaign that had shit timelines and shit information

Oh and whatever dipshit powers that be that shifted this from east village to the crossroads

This thing runs away with a win if they stuck with the original site IMO
[Reply]
DrRyan 07:07 PM 04-02-2024
I was just back in KC for a wedding last weekend. Stayed downtown and enjoyed it. I know several people with businesses that would be directly affected positively and negatively in the area. What left a really sour taste in my mouth was hearing from business owners that have reached out to the Royals on numerous occasions asking for details about the project to try and plan for potential outcomes. Not a single one of them got any response from the team regardless of if they were inside the Grand, locust, Truman, 17th St boundary or outside it. I have to assume that has something to do with it being a haphazardly thrown together plan without many of the details sorted out.

Would a stadium near Crossroads be cool? Sure. Would far less businesses be displaced with the other plan near the courthouse/Admiral? Without a doubt. If I was still living in KC this proposal would be a no for me. Get your plans in order, communicate with the business that will be affected and I would be more likely to be a yes.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:07 PM 04-02-2024

Whoever thought it was brilliant to rush out a half assed plan that isn't well thought out at all.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 114
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up