ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 34
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:55 AM 12-04-2023
Honestly we were all surprised in training camp when they put him at LT but he seems solid so far, and he's gotta learn the game during the game so I expect him to have the occasional mess up. Glad he's on the Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith side of skill rather than the Niang and Kinnard side of the equation in his first few starts, especially playing LT.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:00 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Yep, Morris is your LT next year and Taylor will stay on the right side. They are banking on Wanya taking that role. Financially, they need him to.
We need a WR in the 1st round. He's got another off season to get better. Refine techniques. Give him a shot.

Originally Posted by Palangi:
https://x.com/brandonthornnfl/status...aEqGNVdM1WQycQ
enbeded. Dudes looking good

2 of the 5 snaps Wanya Morris played this past week resulted in knockdowns. First one showing off the power that was on display from his college tape. pic.twitter.com/BolWd62XqH

— Brandon Thorn (@BrandonThornNFL) November 28, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Guys I think we might have a LT of the future. This kid played really well for his first action. Absolutely destroyed DL in the running game and held his own in pass pro.

He technically gave up one sack, although Mitch Schwartz doesn't think it was his fault bc Patrick dropped too far back.

Here's a pic. What do you think?
Mahomes didn't help him any, but that was a bad rep. Punch was too early, he got over-extended and then did what bad OL do - he didn't re-set his feet and started reaching. That was EXACTLY the concern I had about him at LT. He lets his feet stop moving and starts trying to win with his upper body.

It was a bad rep. To say 'well that sack isn't on him' is to suggest that OL don't win in situations just like that one all the time. They absolutely do.

I'd but that 2-1 on Morris. Mahomes gets an assist but Wanye was the biggest issue in the rep.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:54 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mahomes didn't help him any, but that was a bad rep. Punch was too early, he got over-extended and then did what bad OL do - he didn't re-set his feet and started reaching. That was EXACTLY the concern I had about him at LT. He lets his feet stop moving and starts trying to win with his upper body.

It was a bad rep. To say 'well that sack isn't on him' is to suggest that OL don't win in situations just like that one all the time. They absolutely do.

I'd but that 2-1 on Morris. Mahomes gets an assist but Wanye was the biggest issue in the rep.
I'm not sure where to place it but Taylor did get mauled back a bit that rep.

I get Wanya needs to work on things but it's not like the bar is very high. Orlando was one of the top tackles in pressure allowed last year and last I looked Smith was 3rd in pressures given up this season.

If he can be a starter at Donovan Smith's level and simply by competent for that money? Man that would be huge for us
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 AM 12-04-2023

I get Wanya needs to work on things but it's not like the bar is very high. Orlando was one of the top tackles in pressure allowed last year and last I looked Smith was 3rd in pressures given up this season.

If he can be a starter at Donovan Smith's level and simply by competent for that money? Man that would be huge for us
Oh I don't disagree - I'm not saying that anyone was perfect on the rep. I'm speaking only to Wanye's technique there. It was pretty poor.

As for him starting at LT - okay, but I think people need to recognize at that point that you really may need to be content with 'competent' there if we go that route.

I'd be a little surprised if he could be as good as Smith has been this year, but I don't think that's an unattainable goal for him. I'd just be awfully nervous about banking on it.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:04 AM 12-04-2023
Oh I don't disagree - I'm not saying that anyone was perfect on the rep. I'm speaking only to Wanye's technique there. It was pretty poor.

As for him starting at LT - okay, but I think people need to recognize at that point that you really may need to be content with 'competent' there if we go that route.

I'd be a little surprised if he could be as good as Smith has been this year, but I don't think that's an unattainable goal for him. I'd just be awfully nervous about banking on it.
I'd like to see him get some run this year. But it's hard to do that with a team thats trying to win. Damned if we do, damned if we dont.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:11 AM 12-04-2023

I really wanna see more of him bc I thought he did really well. But they may have to take some lumps.

I love Anton Harrison and boy did he get dog walked early on. Granted Chris Jones first game back fully rested was a really hard matchup for the kid but he seemed to learn and now he seems to be adjusting adequately.

This may not be the best time for him to get his experience with the WR problems but it could be a blessing for next year.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:12 AM 12-04-2023

Mahomes' albatross of a contract means you can't spend big everywhere. As long as Morris isn't a complete disaster he probably needs to be the LT next year and Mahomes and co. are just going to have to make it work. It might take another 5 years but maybe Pat will eventually learn to quit drifting 10 yards back in the pocket.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:13 PM 12-04-2023
30 pass blocking snaps last night. 1 pressure allowed which was the sack.

Very solid outing for a rookie coming in with no first team reps.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:56 PM 12-06-2023
to the top

Originally Posted by :
Morris is an athletic pass-setter with a strong inside hand but lacks a desired level of core strength to effectively push back against rush bullies. He’s very average at getting to positioning for back-side cut-off blocks in the run game and struggles to stay connected to sustain blocks due to inconsistent hand placement and drive strength in his lower half. His physical profile and experience starting at both tackle spots should give him a leg up in a camp battle for a swing tackle role.
Strengths

Originally Posted by :
Former five-star prospect with NFL-caliber traits.
Pass slides are controlled and gain necessary depth.
Lands quick, stiff inside hand for early punch points.
Very smooth and athletic redirecting feet to catch inside counters.
Works hip to hip on his double teams.
Accurate radar finding targets as pull blocker.
Decent acceleration fitting his run blocks.
Weaknesses

Originally Posted by :
Struggles with pad level and angles in making cut-off blocks.
Needs to lower his aim and landing zone for hand placement.
Gets knocked backward by opponents with firm hands.
Headbutts replace knee bend into contact when pulling in space.
One-and-done pass punch could use more snatch-and-secure.
Rarely keeps back flat and chin tucked through the pass rep.
sounds to me like bull rushes are going to be his biggest issue
[Reply]
Kman34 03:28 PM 12-25-2023
This game is why I was cautious about praising this guy.. Maybe his foot work will get better with an off season but I doubt it.. He got worked bad today.. Probably going to have to address this position.. I really wanted him to work out because our resources should go to upgrading the WRs..
[Reply]
BWillie 03:29 PM 12-25-2023
Dude was the worst player on the field today
[Reply]
TLO 03:29 PM 12-25-2023
He was awful today.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:29 PM 12-25-2023
All the breathless hype over this guy came to a crashing halt today.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:30 PM 12-25-2023
He's a third round rookie
[Reply]
Page 21 of 34
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up