ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 29
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Harrison Butker
TLO 11:41 PM 11-06-2022
I'm not the type to overreact, but Butker is starting to worry me a bit.

He needs to be money in games like this one, and he wasn't.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:12 PM 01-01-2023
Don't feel bad TBT, it happens
[Reply]
lcarus 11:13 PM 01-01-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Just saw an up close replay of the snap and hold on the FG attempt on KY3 sports out of Springfield and it was clearly a fumble of the snap by Tommy and failure to get it down correctly in time.

I’m not saying it may have not also been tipped by a Bronco, but the reason it went awry was the fumbled snap and failed placement by the punter.

I’m gonna try to look on line to see if I can find it, but it was rather obvious from the clip I saw. Anyone that gets KY3 out of Springfield should watch the replay of the sports newscast to see it for yourself.

This one was CLEARLY on Tommy. There’s no question now.
The fumbled snap was on the XP. The 50 yard FG before half was a good snap and hold but was blocked.

Butker will be fine. He's a good kicker. It's been a rough year.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:26 PM 01-01-2023
Sorry, guys, my bad. Looks like it was on the PAT.

Still, it speaks to the issues we are having in the kicking game and have had all year.

But the FG miss does not appear to be on Tommy.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:39 AM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Seriously at this point let Justin Reid do this shit.

Shelve Butker. Send him to a shrink. Try again next year.
WTF? Cut Butker because a FG was blocked?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:03 PM 01-02-2023
I don't think I've ever seen this much analysis done of the routine act of snapping, holding, and kicking a football. I'm not sure how it can be so automatic for others 99% of the time, but we seem to be going thru some form of post-miss analysis of our kicking game most weeks now.

I know it all has to go right; the snap (clean spiral snap directed at the holder's sternum), the placement (laces out, ball on the kicker's indicated spot, the ball positioned in the kicker's preferred position), the kicker plants his plant foot properly and the the kicking leg/foot follows through and connected with the ball at the proper location). And while all of that has to be choreographed and timed correctly, it sure seems like we keep fucking part of it up as compared to other teams.

Perhaps the center, holder and kicker need to put more time in at practice because not many people want to trot that trio out onto the field when it matters. If they do, everybody holds their breath and prays.
[Reply]
J Diddy 03:03 PM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
WTF? Cut Butker because a FG was blocked?
I'm just happy it was blocked. They didn't mention shit on the broadcast. It just looked fucking ugly.

I know that in every loss we've had we could attribute some special times shenanigans to being some factor in it that if it had not happened would have led to a higher probability of victory.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:20 PM 01-02-2023
Just for the sake of comparison: we know already that Justin Tucker is the best kicker in the league for the last however many years, and most likely a HOFer. Today, as in right this second, he's ranked 17th in FGM% overall, according to ESPN.

Anyone think BAL is entertaining the thought of cutting/trading Tucker for even a fraction of a second?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:27 PM 01-02-2023
Butker will be fine, this years struggles are a combo of injury and Thompsons holding woes
[Reply]
MahomesIsTheMVP 06:09 PM 01-02-2023
I’d definitely bring in some competition in next year’s training camp.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:46 PM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesIsTheMVP:
I’d definitely bring in some competition in next year’s training camp.
I'd say "I'm sure they will", but who knows, a lot of people are thinking it's simply a really long tough spell, and a combination of things that have gone wrong.... Maybe they're right. :-)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:08 PM 01-21-2023
Great tackle Butker. Saved our asses there.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:14 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Great tackle Butker. Saved our asses there.
That was great, but it was because of his short kickoff that our asses needed saving.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:32 PM 01-21-2023
Butker has some wheels!

Lol, you know the guys were ribbing him in the lockerroom after over that tackle. Added a nice tick to his statline for the game. 2 FGs, 3 XPs, 9 points, and a tackle solo.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:33 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Butker has some wheels!

Lol, you know the guys were ribbing him in the lockerroom after over that tackle. Added a nice tick to his statline for the game. 2 FGs, 3 XPs, 9 points, and a tackle solo.
He was fantastic.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:45 PM 01-21-2023
On the replay, it looked like Agnew easily shed Butker's tackle attempt, but his heel got caught between the field and Butker's facemask as Butker landed. Which tripped him up. Pretty fortunate lol. Hell of an effort either way by Butker.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 29
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up