ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 38
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:56 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oooohhhh I can't wait for Skyy Moore to take a giant shit on you DJ.

Of course, you'll pretend like you were never doubting the guy like you did with Jones and Hunt.

But just like I told you back then about those guys, you'll be eating crow eventually. Just as sure about Moore as I was about those guys.

Can't fucking wait.

Just wait.
Just like you told me about how great Frank Clark would be. You finally give up on pumping Christian Watson's tires?

All you do is take the most hommerrific stances possible on everything and then bitch when those those that DON'T suggest otherwise. "Why are you rooting against the Chiefs?!?! Why do you have an axe to grind!!?!"

Blah blah blah.

And If Moore doesn't turn into a 1,000 yard, #1 wr like you predicted he'd be, you'll be complaining that we should just let it go.

Pretty easy to just predict wine and roses every time and then piss and moan about those that have the audacity to remind you when it doesn't work out that way.

When you suck every potential Chiefs picks dick, it's pretty easy to say you were right if they're good and then crawl into the woodwork if they go elsewhere and you're wrong.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:56 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Do what they should have done in the first place, trade up in the draft. Should have traded up last year for Slater. Would have been costly but in the end with OBJ being a failure the cost to go and get a LT now isn’t any more.
Christian Darrisaw was picked 23rd and was very attainable with all things considered
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:58 PM 09-26-2022
Oh - and NONE of that has anything to do with the absurdity of "Andy Reid doesn't play rookies because I said so..."

Because Detox even gave you an out there. Say the guy is green and needs seasoning - shit, he and I are both open to that possibility and have stated as such several times. And that we NEED Moore to be everything you say he is because we need a guy who can defeat man coverage. We're both pulling HARD for Moore but evidently not blindly enough for your purposes.

But this "no guys, really - he's that good NOW but Andy Reid doesn't play rookies because...reasons" is just fucking nonsense.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:59 PM 09-26-2022
Boys, boys boys. Lets not get too carried away here.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:00 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just like you told me about how great Frank Clark would be. You finally give up on pumping Christian Watson's tires?

All you do is take the most hommerrific stances possible on everything and then bitch when those those that DON'T suggest otherwise. "Why are you rooting against the Chiefs?!?! Why do you have an axe to grind!!?!"

Blah blah blah.

And If Moore doesn't turn into a 1,000 yard, #1 wr like you predicted he'd be, you'll be complaining that we should just let it go.

Pretty easy to just predict wine and roses every time and then piss and moan about those that have the audacity to remind you when it doesn't work out that way.

When you suck every potential Chiefs picks dick, it's pretty easy to say you were right if they're good and then crawl into the woodwork if they go elsewhere and you're wrong.
^

Overreacted to the Chiefs rough start in 2019, going as far as to say Veach should be fired, then they went on to win a SB and he pretended like it never happened.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:03 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
^

Overreacted to the Chiefs rough start in 2019, going as far as to say Veach should be fired, then they went on to win a SB and he pretended like it nener happened.
The Chiefs started 4-0, bucko. So...interesting take there.

I said Frank Clark was a fireable offense. And for any GM who didn't inherit a team with several HoF talents on cheap contracts, it would've been.

But hey - keep asking why our generational QB is struggling to find time and targets to throw to. Probably someone else's fault.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:05 PM 09-26-2022
That's because you have a 'yeah but' for everything. Or you go assuming facts not in evidence.

"Yeah but, Tyreek got hurt..." -- Okay, but what's that have to do with Hardman getting more snaps than Robinson? Dude got 53 snaps in that game. He didn't go from 4th to 3rd in snaps - he went to #2 in snaps immediately. Moore wouldn't have and in fact DIDN'T when Hardman got dinged. Watson is getting snaps over him.

"Yeah but, Maclin and Jackson were first round picks years ago" - okay, what's the closest analogue we've had since? We haven't gone out there grabbing high end WRs since then now have we?

Or you'll hand-waive Hill's contributions as a rookie and say "Well Moore will get there..." Hill was getting about twice the snaps that Moore is getting from the very beginning of that season. As a 5th round converted RB.

When you want to keep narrowing your end-points and/or excusing away examples, you narrow your 'trends' so much you make them meaningless. The way you're addressing this gives you a sample size of ONE. Chris Conley - and he was starting games and getting significant snaps by week 4 of his rookie year.

Or it requires that you make presumptions (like CEH wasn't drafted to start) that you don't have any basis for. Kareem Hunt was the immediate game 1 bellcow back over West because someone as fungible as Spencer Ware went down - and you're really gonna say they didn't draft him as a possible starter? That RB room was a couple of UDFA/Street free agent JAGs.

But sure, it's just those of us who preferred alternatives to Moore (who are simultaneously calling on him to play more) picking on the poor guy.

You say you have some ironclad argument when in fact you haven't actually PRESENTED an argument at all. You've made a declaratory statement and then brushed off any examples that don't fit your narrowly defined sample set. That's no argument at all. It's just using hope as a justification and little else.
Hill is a unicorn though and that is why I never wanted to trade him. I went back and watched his rookie plays, he mostly ran go routes, wr- screens and end-rounds besides doing punt returns. End-arounds\screens are Hardman's plays and not sure just being a go deep route runner is Skyy's game. No reason though to not try to get him the ball on slants and some easy catches to get him going.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:05 PM 09-26-2022
The Chiefs started 4-0, bucko. So...interesting take there.

I said Frank Clark was a fireable offense. And for any GM who didn't inherit a team with several HoF talents on cheap contracts, it would've been.

But hey - keep asking why our generational QB is struggling to find time and targets to throw to. Probably someone else's fault.
You're right it wasn't the start, it was the rough stretch they had. My mistake.

But you did it. Everybody saw it, and here you are pretending that it didn't happen and was all about Frank Clark.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:06 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Remember when NE lost the SB after going 17-0? That was probably the best WR core Brady ever had in NE and yet they lost due to the constant pressure that the Giants put on Brady. He won 6 others with lesser WRs. Elite WRs are nice, but protecting the franchise QB is more important. Mahomes can win a SB with these receivers. Not so sure he can if the OLine continues to struggle, especially at LT.
Yup great point, the LT issue must be addressed right away.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:07 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Look, i'm not OUT on Moore. He needs to get snaps before we can determine what he is or isn't.

But not getting snaps is not encouraging and i don't find, "Reid doesn't play rookies!" as some inescapable truth.

There's a reason Moore isn't seeing snaps. I have no idea why that is. None of us do. But i sincerely doubt it's simply because he's a rookie and Reid doesn't play rookies.

Especially considering how many rookies play for this team every year. It just doesn't hold water.
If he was an ass kicking fool he’d play. Bottom line.

But that’s not saying he’s a bust. It’s very very early. He just may just need sone time to develop but it would be nice if he was getting snaps
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:09 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Hill is a unicorn though
What you mean to say here is that Hill was a talented dude, he shined in practice and camp and as such Reid figured out how to get the ball to a rookie RB who converted to WR by designing game plan specific plays for him.

Because, again, if a guy can play....Reid will play him.

You've illustrated our point.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:10 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
If he was an ass kicking fool he’d play. Bottom line.

But that’s not saying he’s a bust. It’s very very early. He just may just need sone time to develop but it would be nice if he was getting snaps
Right.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:12 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Hill is a unicorn though and that is why I never wanted to trade him. I went back and watched his rookie plays, he mostly ran go routes, wr- screens and end-rounds besides doing punt returns. End-arounds\screens are Hardman's plays and not sure just being a go deep route runner is Skyy's game. No reason though to not try to get him the ball on slants and some easy catches to get him going.
So when a guy hit the field and demonstrated that he was immediately capable of making a contribution, Andy Reid found a way to get him the football?

Hmmm.....
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:12 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
What you mean to say here is that Hill was a talented dude, he shined in practice and camp and as such Reid figured out how to get the ball to a rookie RB who converted to WR by designing game plan specific plays for him.

Because, again, if a guy can play....Reid will play him.

You've illustrated our point.
Mahomes couldn't play?

Can't have it both ways :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 01:12 PM 09-26-2022
And this sets off no alarm bells for you?

Because it should...
It does for Mecole Hardman who is in his 4th season with this QB and offense in general.

But for a rookie who has played 3 NFL games? Really?

He made a bad mistake on ST’a but in the grand scheme of things I don’t care about that. We didn’t draft him to be a returner. I care about what he does on offense.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 38
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up