ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 46
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson to Browns
KC Hawks 01:47 PM 03-18-2022

Deshaun Watson has decided he wants to play for the Cleveland Browns in a stunning change of events, per sources. Watson has informed the Houston Texans that he now is willing to waive the no-trade clause in his contract to be dealt to Cleveland.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
stevieray 09:51 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Doesn't matter what I think. Tyreek was convicted of beating up his pregnant girlfriend.

And you, in all your moral superiority, still cheered for him every Sunday. What's that say about you?

I cheered for the Chiefs.

i didn't give two shits when "Mr 7 SB's' was traded.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:00 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I cheered for the Chiefs.

i didn't give two shits when "Mr 7 SB's' was traded.
Good to know it's OK for you but no one else because... reasons..
[Reply]
wazu 10:11 AM 05-18-2022
The Cleveland Browns had so much promise and talent. They were so well positioned to at least be really good for a pretty good run. And then they hit this self-destruct button. What a disastrous decision. Can't imagine being a Browns fan.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:21 AM 05-18-2022
Would be hilarious if Watson couldn't play and they had to tuck their tail between their legs and run back to Baker lol
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:46 AM 05-18-2022
Good to know it's OK for you but no one else because... reasons..
I kinda differentiate between the two fwiw.

Yes, Tyreek had the situation in college which was obviously fairly horrible. But he was young and by all accounts it was an isolated incident. And people at that age are more prone to make mistakes and have more room to grow and improve. (Note: I'm ignoring both the possibility that the situation in college was less bad than it appeared as well as the stuff that happened with his son a few years ago.)

Watson on the other hand seems to have a serial problem in this respect. Not a one-time thing. And to me that plays a little bit different.

I'd hate to be a Browns fan needing to defend the guy. Here you are, a fan of a team that for years has been a loser but at least a loveable loser that fans of opposing teams could actually support (not unlike the Bengals), and you suddenly skip the line because you're willing to pay more than anyone else for Watson.

Yeah, I wanted the Chiefs to win, but if we did it by getting Watson, the SB victory wouldn't have been remotely as satisfying.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:50 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Yes, Tyreek had the situation in college which was obviously fairly horrible. But he was young and by all accounts it was an isolated incident. And people at that age are more prone to make mistakes and have more room to grow and improve. (Note: I'm ignoring both the possibility that the situation in college was less bad than it appeared as well as the stuff that happened with his son a few years ago.)

Watson on the other hand seems to have a serial problem in this respect. Not a one-time thing. And to me that plays a little bit different.

I'd hate to be a Browns fan needing to defend the guy. Here you are, a fan of a team that for years has been a loser but at least a loveable loser that fans of opposing teams could actually support (not unlike the Bengals), and you suddenly skip the line because you're willing to pay more than anyone else for Watson.

Yeah, I wanted the Chiefs to win, but if we did it by getting Watson, the SB victory wouldn't have been remotely as satisfying.
Nail on the fucking head.

It appears Tyreek was in a toxic relationship, and with time, I think that been proven to be the case.

Like you said, Watson’s issues are more serial.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:05 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Reek definitely was guilty of domestic violence.
A man "definitely guilty" of domestic violence has full custody of his son.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:22 AM 05-18-2022
The Browns are a joke. What it says about how the Texans are run. When this is Watson's preferred outcome is as shameful as Watson's acts
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:48 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

I'm a huge Tyreek Hill fan so you don't have to convince me.

I'm just laughing at stevie's hypocrisy. He's talking about how NFL players should be choir boys due to how much they get paid and lamenting how we, as fans, have lowered the bar for them. Whole time he's cheering for a team that employs Tyreek Hill, Frank Clark, Willie Gay, etc. as well as a coach who clearly has some issues raising functional children.

Who cares about any of that? Not me, but apparently stevie does. It's just amusing.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 05-18-2022

Testifying under oath, Deshaun Watson admits Ashley Solis cried at end of massage - ProFootballTalk https://t.co/OQ6HLYvYmY

— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) May 17, 2022

[Reply]
stevieray 12:15 PM 05-18-2022

I'm just laughing at stevie's hypocrisy. He's talking about how NFL players should be choir boys due to how much they get paid and lamenting how we, as fans, have lowered the bar for them. Whole time he's cheering for a team that employs Tyreek Hill, Frank Clark, Willie Gay, etc. as well as a coach who clearly has some issues raising functional children.

Who cares about any of that? Not me, but apparently stevie does. It's just amusing.
I cheer for the Chiefs because they are my hometown team and I grew up five minutes from Arrowhead. Just like I still love family members who have slipped through the cracks, because they are family.

We hold highly paid professionals to a high standard in almost every aspect of life, except a few areas, sports being one of them.

The majority of NFL players hold themselves to that standard, past and present. You can mock me all you want for hoping for the best for the players, team and city. I can't control what they do..you have no problem with it, as long as you are entertained. That's lowering the bar. Clark, like his father, is HUGE on giving back to the community. Pretty sure he doesn't just gloss over those incidents as if they didn't matter.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:37 PM 05-18-2022
I cheer for the Chiefs because they are my hometown team and I grew up five minutes from Arrowhead. Just like I still love family members who have slipped through the cracks, because they are family.

We hold highly paid professionals to a high standard in almost every aspect of life, except a few areas, sports being one of them.

The majority of NFL players hold themselves to that standard, past and present. You can mock me all you want for hoping for the best for the players, team and city. I can't control what they do..you have no problem with it, as long as you are entertained. That's lowering the bar. Clark, like his father, is HUGE on giving back to the community. Pretty sure he doesn't just gloss over those incidents as if they didn't matter.
You are cheering and celebrating players who do things that are in direct conflict with your beliefs.

This makes you the one lowering yourself to cheer for them.
[Reply]
wazu 02:03 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Imagine being outsmarted by the front office of the Houston Texans.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:12 PM 05-18-2022

I find the celebratory worship of athletes and Hollywood stars kind of sad.

I watch sports and Hollywood movies because the product on the field or the movie itself entertains me. I'm not trying to live my life vicariously through someone else.

Except to the extent that the stories are unavoidable (because they overwhelm pages of Chiefs Planet like with Hill and obviously with Watson) I try not to get caught up with what Athletes do in their own time.

I don't even watch interviews or talk shows.

When he was close to retirement, I remember a co-worker saying he thought Paul Pierce sounded like a douche in interviews and I remembered thinking (despite watching a lot of Boston games because Pierce was a former Jayhawk), I hadn't ever seen him interviewed.

If athletes commit crimes, they should be prosecuted like anyone else. But why on earth we should think they are better humans, or examples for the community just because of some natural athletic ability and ungodly paycheck is beyond me.

And if it was up to me, I wouldn't exactly encourage the hero worship by trotting the players around to schools and whatnot. Because than what the hell do you do when shock of all shock (I'm absolutely shocked I tell you!) they don't all turn out to be choir boys!!!
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:45 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
You are cheering and celebrating players who do things that are in direct conflict with your beliefs.

This makes you the one lowering yourself to cheer for them.
By that standard none of us could watch sports, listen to music, watch a movie, or read CP.

Sometimes you have have to realize people are flawed. As long as it doesn't go too far you get over it.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 46
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up