ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 29
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CP Planeteer's Biggest Blunder Tourney
TimBone 06:49 PM 02-17-2022
So, a thought crossed my mind today while reading through the EB drama thread, and watching Clay be criticized by the dude that burned down his entire apartment with a chimney starter and cookie sheet.

What are the biggest Planeteer blunders in CP history? Was it Reerun threatening a politician? Pete claiming the eventual SB Champion Chiefs wouldn't sniff the playoffs? InMen not knowing how heat works? Mav's big arrival?

Consider this a nomination thread. If we get enough to put together a tourney, I'll run it.

The rules are pretty simple, it has to be something that has created a pile-on here at CP, and nothing from the DC Cesspool.

If you make a nomination, please give a decent summary of the event, because that description will be what I use during the tourney.

Peace and Love.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:47 PM 02-19-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Ya I honestly do not see it that way. Anyone who I have a good relationship either is not here or that friendship exists outside of these archaic message board walls. :-)
Hey man, I got no skin in this game. Your main time here had come to an end a bit before I ever showed up. That being said, you do come of pretty pompous and like a douchebag, both in this conversation and in general.

Yeah, this place may be a Cesspool, and it may be stupid, but that's kinda the whole point. It's a place to unwind, fuck around, and act stupid at times. If feeling like you're above that scratches your itch of superiority, cool, I guess.
[Reply]
Katipan 07:50 PM 02-19-2022
I sell weed for a living and I still come here to de-stress.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:51 PM 02-19-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Yeah, this place may be a Cesspool
Everyone is in agreement.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:51 PM 02-19-2022
Well It has been almost 20 years since I joined.

So yes. I would say a few things have changed with me.

Or the 10 years or so since I was a regular? Again yes.

If you have not changed then....congrats. I think.
I’ve certainly gone through some changes in 20+ years yet, none of those changes included me thinking that I’m better than everyone else here. Not one of those changes included me acting like a complete prick to people who have been friends to me, even if some of those friendships have never gone beyond the confines of the board.

I’ve witnessed over the years, and especially so in the past year, the extreme kindness and generosity of the people who gather here. Kindness and generosity that includes, but by no means is relegated to, donating game tickets to people who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend; fundraisers for people going through medical hardships; taking time to attend funerals to show and offer emotional support; making phone calls to people mentally and/or emotionally struggling to try to keep them from going under. And no doubt there are things I’ve forgotten over the years and things I simply know nothing about because it’s never advertised. And these are the people you are calling miserable losers.

And to be sure, we do have a few of those - you are a true testament to that. And you must be TRULY miserable to denigrate such an, admittedly dysfunctional yet, big hearted community. I guess somewhere along the way you realized that you were just too selfish and shitty a person to truly fit in here, and to make yourself look/feel better you decided to project your own short comings onto the rest of us. To that end, I answer with the officially approved ChiefsPlanet response -

Drink antifreeze, douche bag.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:52 PM 02-19-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I’ve certainly gone through some changes in 20+ years yet, none of those changes included me thinking that I’m better than everyone else here. Not one of those changes included me acting like a complete prick to people who have been friends to me, even if some of those friendships have never gone beyond the confines of the board.

I’ve witnessed over the years, and especially so in the past year, the extreme kindness and generosity of the people who gather here. Kindness and generosity that includes, but by no means is relegated to, donating game tickets to people who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend; fundraisers for people going through medical hardships; taking time to attend funerals to show and offer emotional support; making phone calls to people mentally and/or emotionally struggling to try to keep them from going under. And no doubt there are things I’ve forgotten over the years and things I simply know nothing about because it’s never advertised. And these are the people you are calling miserable losers.

And to be sure, we do have a few of those - you are a true testament to that. And you must be TRULY miserable to denigrate such an, admittedly dysfunctional yet, big hearted community. I guess somewhere along the way you realized that you were just too selfish and shitty a person to truly fit in here, and to make yourself look/feel better you decided to project your own short comings onto the rest of us. To that end, I answer with the officially approved ChiefsPlanet response -

I get it man this place is really sacred to you and connected to your self worth blah blah blah. I don't give a shit about any of that.

So worked up because I don't care about the soap opera you created here.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:56 PM 02-19-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
When do we get to vote?
Gonna be a few days at least, for sure. Got some work stuff going on, and I'm still trying to decide the best format for this thing.

It's been fun reminiscing on a lot of these, but I think folks are correct in saying there is a clear top few.

Rough idea for the format:

I'm thinking maybe I put a multiple option poll up, listing the ones that have been mentioned multiple times, or are in the HOC.

In that poll, everyone will select each option they believe are worthy of further contention.

I can take the top ten from that poll, and split them into two heats of five.

Taking a winner from each of those two heats, resulting in a final one on one poll of the top two contenders.

That's just a rough idea that's been floating in my head though. I just think a full tournament with some of these smaller blunders would drag on and get a bit boring if it lasts for more than a couple of weeks.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 07:57 PM 02-19-2022
RedThat going kamikaze in his own apology thread was pretty cringeworthy.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249474
[Reply]
TimBone 07:59 PM 02-19-2022

[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:00 PM 02-19-2022
Well latte da
Mocha man
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:07 PM 02-19-2022
I get it man this place is really sacred to you and connected to your self worth blah blah blah. I don't give a shit about any of that.

Dude, I wasn’t around to see it when you were a simpatico member of this community, but the vast majority of interactions you’ve had on here that I’ve observed have been confrontational, pompous, and downright nasty.

I share your political persuasion and can appreciate that perhaps for you it’s sometimes hard to separate that out in your interactions. But you get down deep into the mud as much as any CP member I’ve seen.

So, congrats on feeling like somehow you’re the vaunted black sheep amongst us, but I’m pretty sure you’re just an average guy here with different political beliefs. That doesn’t make you any better, so stop pretending otherwise.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:09 PM 02-19-2022

To whatever extent I might be worked up (I’m not) it’s not about the board specifically, it’s that you used to be one of us, hung out with us at a banquet and bash or two. And now you act like we wronged you in some way, like we killed your dog and then laughed about it in your face. And if something like that happened your attitude would be understandable and totally justifiable. But to the best of our collective knowledge, no wrong was done to you by us that should precipitate such a change from you. So you can see where our bewilderment stems from. Or, maybe you can’t, who knows at this point.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:11 PM 02-19-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Dude, I wasn’t around to see it when you were a simpatico member of this community, but the vast majority of interactions you’ve had on here that I’ve observed have been confrontational, pompous, and downright nasty.

I share your political persuasion and can appreciate that perhaps for you it’s sometimes hard to separate that out in your interactions. But you get down deep into the mud as much as any CP member I’ve seen.

So, congrats on feeling like somehow you’re the vaunted black sheep amongst us, but I’m pretty sure you’re just an average guy here with different political beliefs. That doesn’t make you any better, so stop pretending otherwise.
Lots of people laboring under assumptions that I concern myself with being liked or respected around her. Cast all of those ideas aside and save your mighty typing fingers.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:12 PM 02-19-2022
To whatever extent I might be worked up (I’m not) it’s not about the board specifically, it’s that you used to be one of us, hung out with us at a banquet and bash or two. And now you act like we wronged you in some way, like we killed your dog and then laughed about it in your face. And if something like that happened your attitude would be understandable and totally justifiable. But to the best of our collective knowledge, no wrong was done to you by us that should precipitate such a change from you. So you can see where our bewilderment stems from. Or, maybe you can’t, who knows at this point.
I have not been wronged even a little bit. I am sorry I don't care about your online club house anymore Jamie. I don't know what else to tell you.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:12 PM 02-19-2022

Tell me you’re too dense to see the point without telling me you’re too dense.

God you are a fuck.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:14 PM 02-19-2022

[Reply]
Page 21 of 29
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up