Page 21 of 174
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official College Football 2021 Thread ****
Titty Meat 04:45 PM 08-27-2021
Week 3 schedule

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:58 PM 09-04-2021
The test for the clones will be against an overrated iowa team next week. IA's defense is okay but the O sucks.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:07 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by RustShack:
The butthurt is strong in this one.
Butthurt? I'm literally arguing that my team isn't very good. How is that butthurt in your world?

I'm certainly not arguing that we "should have won" or whatever. It's quite the opposite. A decent team should have throttled us.

ISU is not a decent team.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:16 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Have you watched them on Offense? It's a ****ing chore. They need a strong Offensive mind.

A washed up Richt was not it.
It’s bigger than just the HC situation… which has no doubt been mediocre/awful since Butch Davis left.

Miami had a confluence of occurrences during their 20 year run of winning 5 NC’s that will be difficult to consistently replicate.

They had basically their pick of talent from the “State of Miami” (high schools in South Florida up to Orlando) and they were able to recruit top-level QB’s from out of state because they were one of the few college programs that was utilizing a pro-style passing offense in the ‘80’s and early ‘90’s (for example they landed Jim Kelly from Western Pa because Penn State was recruiting him for a non-QB position).
[Reply]
RustShack 06:17 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Butthurt? I'm literally arguing that my team isn't very good. How is that butthurt in your world?

I'm certainly not arguing that we "should have won" or whatever. It's quite the opposite. A decent team should have throttled us.

ISU is not a decent team.
This week, they weren’t that good. Which unfortunately is normal for Iowa State in September. How the game went is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, all that matters in the end is if they won or lost. They won.

We lost to freaking Louisiana week one last year, and were still #6 going into the conference championship game. Then throttled Oregon in a NY6 bowl. You think I’m worried about beating UNI?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:19 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by RustShack:
This week, they weren’t that good. Which unfortunately is normal for Iowa State in September. How the game went is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, all that matters in the end is if they won or lost. They won.

We lost to freaking Louisiana week one last year, and were still #6 going into the conference championship game. Then throttled Oregon in a NY6 bowl. You think I’m worried about beating UNI?
No, I don't. As I literally stated, ISU shouldn't be worried about that at all.

I still want to know how you think my post was "butthurt." You're an idiot, but you're not that stupid.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:25 PM 09-04-2021
Campbell is a great coach, but there's a strong ceiling for a program like ISU.

They done hit it.
Its week 1 man
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:31 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Its week 1 man
It's not a Week 1 take. It's a general statement.

The ceiling in Ames is 2nd or 3rd in the BigXII.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:42 PM 09-04-2021
It's not a Week 1 take. It's a general statement.

The ceiling in Ames is 2nd or 3rd in the BigXII.
Based off what?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:47 PM 09-04-2021
Based off what?
Talent deficiency eventually kicks in. Being in the 40's for 50's annually for recruiting will eventually show.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:54 PM 09-04-2021
Talent deficiency eventually kicks in. Being in the 40's for 50's annually for recruiting will eventually show.
Fair enough but Campbell has only been a national name for a year or so. Hes gonna send a few more guys to the league this year too so another season like last year and those recruiting numbers should improve. Those recruiting rankings however arent everything. Texas,Nebraska, Tennessee, UCLA, A&M ect are always putting up 25 classes and the results haven't been there.

Campbell would be foolish to take a job that's not OSU or Bama level at this point. Hes already making 4 mil and has job security and a competitive program.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:56 PM 09-04-2021
Will Bammy make some noise ?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:02 PM 09-04-2021

Coach O with words for a UCLA fan! Go Tigers! pic.twitter.com/WrvLNvQ0yj

— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) September 5, 2021

[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:04 PM 09-04-2021
Fair enough but Campbell has only been a national name for a year or so. Hes gonna send a few more guys to the league this year too so another season like last year and those recruiting numbers should improve. Those recruiting rankings however arent everything. Texas,Nebraska, Tennessee, UCLA, A&M ect are always putting up 25 classes and the results haven't been there.

Campbell would be foolish to take a job that's not OSU or Bama level at this point. Hes already making 4 mil and has job security and a competitive program.
I think Campbell will be more motivated to take an offer elsewhere once Oklahoma and Texas leave the conference.

I'm not sold on the rumored incoming replacements being enough to keep the conference relevant to the CFP.

Doesn't mean he's packing his bags for Arkansas, but a Michigan or Penn State would be more interesting than it would be without conference apocalypse.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:09 PM 09-04-2021
I think Campbell will be more motivated to take an offer elsewhere once Oklahoma and Texas leave the conference.

I'm not sold on the rumored incoming replacements being enough to keep the conference relevant to the CFP.

Doesn't mean he's packing his bags for Arkansas, but a Michigan or Penn State would be more interesting than it would be without conference apocalypse.
Campbell would do real well at USC. The only thing keeping USC from being a power is poor coaching.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:44 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
So is Miami ranked too highly or is Alabama just that good?

Alabama’s defense is very impressive.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 174
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up