ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 40
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:27 PM 10-12-2016
I just wish this thread would die and go away.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 07:27 PM 10-12-2016
Originally Posted by NWTF:
Aside from a couple bad seasons the Chiefs have maintained mediocrity or just slightly above pretty well sense about 1989. Thats not a dig. It could be viewed as a moderate success if not going below a certain level and maintaining a modest level of respectability is the goal. Which for the Hunts I think it is. Anything beyond that is considered a BONUS.

If you really think about it the Chiefs have done better than most of the league in that time span of not falling below the mediocrity level. The only bad thing is of course they have not had much success getting beyond that level and into the upper echelon. The playoff failure record during that stretch kind of sums it all up. Good enough to get invited often enough,but never good enough to stay. I suppose the Marty years would have to be considered the gold standard in that time.
My point is they don't even fucking try and it's frustrating. I'm over this QB. We hired Andy for his offense and he's a QB "guru". Well it is time to see that come to fruition. We have a young team and it's time to draft and develop a QB. Frankly, it sucks watching us pass on high QB picks. Watching us pass over Rodgers, Carr, Wilson, Flacco and even a guy like Dak makes me very frustrated with this ownership and front office. I'm glad to have a competent and well run organization again but if you don't dare to be great, you will never be great.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:28 PM 10-12-2016
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
That's pathetic. Just quit trying then. It's been 3+ seasons already, loser. I spent less than 3 minutes caring about this forum's xenophobia.

Why? because I don't know any of you, and don't care. So, take a lesson, and stop giving a shit yourself. See? easy!
I wouldn't notice you if you didn't post ridiculous shit like calling out other Chiefs fans because they don't like your boyfriend or get incredibly frustrated with him (and for good reason).

There's quite a backlash going on in Houston right now against Brock Osweiler. If I were a former Donk fan who liked Osweiler so much that I started following the Texans, and then I called out said Texans fans for bashing my favorite player, do you think that would make much sense? Isn't TEAM fandom more about the team and less about any one player? Is somebody a bad fan if they get frustrated with their favorite team because they tend to repeat the same mistakes over and over again?

In any case, you're still a silly cartoonish buttfucking moron. I can't wait until Alex retires so you lose interest in the Chiefs.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 07:28 PM 10-12-2016
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
I just wish this thread would die and go away.
It won't because we took fucking Dee Ford over him. Hindsight is 20/20 and at that time I was ok with it but in the end they're in the paid to get it right business.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 07:29 PM 10-12-2016
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I wouldn't notice you if you didn't post ridiculous shit like calling out other Chiefs fans because they don't like your boyfriend or get incredibly frustrated with him (and for good reason).

There's quite a backlash going on in Houston right now against Brock Osweiler. If I were a former Donk fan who liked Osweiler so much that I started following the Texans, and then I called out said Texans fans for bashing my favorite player, do you think that would make much sense? Isn't TEAM fandom more about the team and less about any one player? Is somebody a bad fan if they get frustrated with their favorite team because they tend to repeat the same mistakes over and over again?

In any case, you're still a silly cartoonish butt****ing moron. I can't wait until Alex retires so you lose interest in the Chiefs.
This. Bandwagon fans have no right to call out fanbases.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 07:46 PM 10-12-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Drafting a QB and trading for Alex Smith are mutually exclusive concepts.

I've wanted Brees, Ryan, Sanchez, Clausen and Kaepernick over the years.

I wanted nothing to do with Geno Smith. I loved Luck and RGIII and think most of his issues were coaching.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, other than believing that Alex Smith wasn't Matt Cassel.
You rode my ass pretty hard for saying carr was gonna be good
[Reply]
NWTF 07:58 PM 10-12-2016
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
My point is they don't even ****ing try and it's frustrating. I'm over this QB. We hired Andy for his offense and he's a QB "guru". Well it is time to see that come to fruition. We have a young team and it's time to draft and develop a QB. Frankly, it sucks watching us pass on high QB picks. Watching us pass over Rodgers, Carr, Wilson, Flacco and even a guy like Dak makes me very frustrated with this ownership and front office. I'm glad to have a competent and well run organization again but if you don't dare to be great, you will never be great.
I totally agree.

They (ownership) dont try in the way you, I, or most of the fanbase consider trying. If the main goal is to just Not Suck, and keep fans in the seats (long track record suggests it is) then I think they feel they have done just fine for the most part.

Drafting a rookie QB high is high risk high reward. Growing pains (low floor) can be there early on even if the pick turns out to be a success. By taking the best veteran retread QB available once the current retread has worn out his welcome you start out with a higher floor automatically than handing over the keys to a rookie. Sure, with most retreads the ceiling isnt very high, but this ownership is concerned about the floor.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:11 PM 10-12-2016
I will say it again... The real problem was not drafting Russell Wilson and instead picking up Donald Stephenson. Carr was overrated last season and his performance against the good teams will show just that again
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:15 PM 10-12-2016
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Carr was overrated last season
Yeah he should have thrown 40 TDs in his second year. 32 just isn't good enough. :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:20 PM 10-12-2016
I will say it again... The real problem was not drafting Russell Wilson and instead picking up Donald Stephenson. Carr was overrated last season and his performance against the good teams will show just that again
If Russell Wilson succeeded in KC, we'd still have Pioli and his fucktastic drafts and roster building philosophy. This is the same team/coaching tree that couldn't find a decent offensive coordinator for the team if they fucking BEGGED (one year of Muir, one year of Daboll). I'm sure that would have been great for Wilson.

The other option is that the coaches don't even look Wilson's way, and he gets passed over for Brady Quinn as the backup. And in that case, I'm willing to bet that Andy and Dorsey would have come in and still made the Alex trade based on Wilson being an unknown.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:37 PM 10-12-2016
Originally Posted by NWTF:
I totally agree.

They (ownership) dont try in the way you, I, or most of the fanbase consider trying. If the main goal is to just Not Suck, and keep fans in the seats (long track record suggests it is) then I think they feel they have done just fine for the most part.

Drafting a rookie QB high is high risk high reward. Growing pains (low floor) can be there early on even if the pick turns out to be a success. By taking the best veteran retread QB available once the current retread has worn out his welcome you start out with a higher floor automatically than handing over the keys to a rookie. Sure, with most retreads the ceiling isnt very high, but this ownership is concerned about the floor.
Bingo. This fanbase deserves a championship in the worst way. But I'm afraid it's not going to happen and Clark is fine with that although he'll say the opposite. This team is perfect for a young highly drafted QB. I hate fucking retreads as long term solutions. They're bridge gaps unless it's a franchise QB like Manning to Denver. Even then Elway still fucking drafted Osweiler in round 2.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:38 PM 10-12-2016
Uh...NO! The ****ing problem was NOT taking him when we ALL knew Cassel was a shit hole problem. Carr isn't ****ing overrated at all. He just turns the ball over because he's a ****ing gunslinger. Go watch Carr late in games. He's pretty fucking good and if we're up 3 with 3 minutes to go and they have the ball, it will be a nail biter watching him drive and likely hit Crabtree for the winning score. Go watch against Baltimore.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:18 PM 10-12-2016
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Uh...NO! The ****ing problem was NOT taking him when we ALL knew Cassel was a shit hole problem. Carr isn't ****ing overrated at all. He just turns the ball over because he's a ****ing gunslinger. Go watch Carr late in games. He's pretty ****ing good and if we're up 3 with 3 minutes to go and they have the ball, it will be a nail biter watching him drive and likely hit Crabtree for the winning score. Go watch against Baltimore.
What's his QBR against defenses in the top third last season? IIRC he was well below 35. Raiders had a soft schedule last year too. Remember when Andrew luck was getting more hype than Russell Wilson a few years ago when he was playing one of the easiest schedules that year? Look at him now... Quit drinking the ESPN Kool aid
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:20 PM 10-12-2016
It's like people forgot how he looked against us and Denver last season. He was horrendous. Poor decision making. He started this season playing horrible defenses, law of averages will catch up with him...
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:25 PM 10-12-2016
It's like people forgot how he looked against us and Denver last season. He was horrendous. Poor decision making. He started this season playing horrible defenses, law of averages will catch up with him...
Holy **** this practically GUARANTEES carr is a hall of famer

Thanks queerbait
[Reply]
Page 21 of 40
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up