ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What 2 teams should the B12 add...?
Air Force 9 9.09%
BYU 32 32.32%
Boise State 24 24.24%
Cincinnati 32 32.32%
Colorado State University 18 18.18%
EbolAIDS 15 15.15%
Houston 23 23.23%
Marshall 5 5.05%
Memphis 16 16.16%
New Mexico 3 3.03%
SMU 7 7.07%
University of Central Florida 18 18.18%
University of Connecticut 6 6.06%
University of South Florida 8 8.08%
Other (List) 8 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll
Page 21 of 37
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Conference Realignment Spin-off: Who should the B12 add...?
Mr_Tomahawk 02:04 PM 12-07-2014
The BigXII shot itself in the foot yesterday with the round-robin setup. 4 of the 5 P5 conferences have a championship game. The higher seed in each of those games got into the playoffs...whether those are the 4 top teams or not. I don't think FSU or OSU are a top 4 team...but that's for another thread.

The Big12 is going to be relying on the lower seed to win one of these championship games from her on out if they choose not to have a B12 CCG. IMO, that isn't a good way to get your conference represented in the playoffs...
The round-robin is cute...but until they expand to 8 teams. The B12 could find themselves in this situation more often than Not.

The Baylor vs KSU was the championship argument is flawed as is the B12 could have had 2 teams in the playoffs...

So....to get the B12 back to....12 teams, what two teams would you add?

Poll to come...
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:28 PM 07-04-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Mississippi State won a baseball title last season, so it’s not them.

The answer, off the top of my head, is Texas A&M.
Dick
[Reply]
BWillie 05:32 PM 07-04-2022
#1 pick baby!
[Reply]
Bowser 05:33 PM 07-04-2022
Mississippi State won a baseball title last season, so it’s not them.

The answer, off the top of my head, is Texas A&M.
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Dick
Would not have guessed aTm
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:33 PM 07-04-2022
Dick
I would’ve said Mississippi State if they hadn’t won baseball last year. I think they don’t have any titles in team sports aside from that.

My process of elimination:

You said Mizzou has 1 title.

Arkansas had at least 1 title in basketball from the 90s.

Ole Miss and Mississippi State have baseball titles the past 2 years.

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida all have at least football titles

Vanderbilt has 2 titles in baseball.

Kentucky has basketball titles.

Only other school would be South Carolina that could come to mind since I don’t follow college baseball too closely, their football team isn’t a historical power and their men’s team is historically irrelevant. But they are a power in women’s basketball currently.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:49 PM 07-04-2022
For all the flack Texas gets, they got 4 football natties and a slew of CWS titles (12 champ appearances, winning half of them). Their little brother has nearly all the same size and financial advantages and hasn’t done a damn thing.

Why don’t they get more heat?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:57 PM 07-04-2022
For all the flack Texas gets, they got 4 football natties and a slew of CWS titles (12 champ appearances, winning half of them). Their little brother has nearly all the same size and financial advantages and hasn’t done a damn thing.

Why don’t they get more heat?
Houston/SMU/TCU/Texas Tech haven’t really had sustained high level success in either football or basketball that’s better than A&M-though Tech and TCU have had the same or better peaks recently in basketball/football compared to A&M.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:55 PM 07-04-2022
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Zero chance KU would leave the B12 for the Big East.

ACC I could understand, but not the Big East.
It would be THE basketball conference. Hell they could stay in the Big 12 in Football or go to AAC.
[Reply]
DJay23 08:00 PM 07-04-2022
Only other school would be South Carolina that could come to mind since I don’t follow college baseball too closely, their football team isn’t a historical power and their men’s team is historically irrelevant. But they are a power in women’s basketball currently.
Whit Merrifield with the game winning hit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGGkJxkeHBg
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:11 PM 07-04-2022
AFC vs NFC

https://youtu.be/UebngXad3_o

KU = XFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:54 PM 07-04-2022
Houston/SMU/TCU/Texas Tech haven’t really had sustained high level success in either football or basketball that’s better than A&M-though Tech and TCU have had the same or better peaks recently in basketball/football compared to A&M.
Bro, they don’t have nearly the $$$ or fan support ATM has

That’s like comparing the Miss schools to a Florida or LSU
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:10 PM 07-04-2022
Big 10 should tell Rutgers to go fuck itself and kick boot it out. Never understand why or how they accepted their bid to join the conference in the first place.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:26 PM 07-04-2022
Bro, they don’t have nearly the $$$ or fan support ATM has

That’s like comparing the Miss schools to a Florida or LSU
Oh, I know.

A&M I think makes like the second most $ from a revenue standpoint in the country behind Texas and has a super budget.

Texas gets more flak because it’s the flagship school of Texas. Similar to how Michigan gets shat on by people more than Michigan St., Kansas compared to Kansas St., Oklahoma to Oklahoma St., Tennessee to Vandy, etc.

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Big 10 should tell Rutgers to go **** itself and kick boot it out. Never understand why or how they accepted their bid to join the conference in the first place.
Rutgers gives the B1G access to the NYC TV market.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:54 PM 07-04-2022

[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:08 AM 07-05-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

KU might be one of the only teams Frost could beat
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 01:16 AM 07-05-2022
Notre Dam
[Reply]