ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 23
« First < 111718192021 2223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Montana is still the greatest ever....
milkman 05:22 PM 01-24-2010
....and nothing that Peyton Manning does will ever change that.
[Reply]
Hootie 06:52 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Elway did take his teams to 5 superbowls and the first three he basically threw the team on his back and willed them to the superbowl.
If Peyton Manning was 2 for 5 in the Super Bowl and couldn't win until his RB carried the team I'm not sure people would be able to let that go...
[Reply]
pr_capone 06:53 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by BCD:
Brady has a career 93 rating. Who made him great before Moss?
To be fair, his rating went up considerably when Moss got there in 07.

4 of the 5 years he started before Moss got there he was at 87.9 or less.

Since Moss go there he has posted a 96.2 (this season) and 117.2 (2007)
[Reply]
Hootie 06:56 PM 01-25-2010
anyone want to see how Culpepper did with Moss?
[Reply]
pr_capone 07:01 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon:
anyone want to see how Culpepper did with Moss?
The year Moss left Culpepper's QB rating dropped 38.9 points from 110.9 to 72.0
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:01 PM 01-25-2010
The one knock on Manning is he is incapable of standing in the pocket and deliver in the face of pressure. He usually throws early. I have NEVER seen Manning deliver a pass and get leveled right after. Never.
That's because he's soooo inteligent he makes his reads a lot faster than any other QB and gets rid of the ball.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 07:05 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
That's because he's soooo inteligent he makes his reads a lot faster than any other QB and gets rid of the ball.
Well, yeah. But that doesn't explain why he throws early or takes a dive.
[Reply]
Hootie 07:09 PM 01-25-2010
because if he were to suffer a knee injury the colts would go from Super Bowl favorites to 2 game winners...
[Reply]
Hootie 07:10 PM 01-25-2010
they guy got sacked 10 times this year and completed 69% of his passes...

I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing in the pocket...
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:28 PM 01-25-2010
You're right ! I guess I just didn't realize he really does suck. I'm damn sure glad he's not a Chief. :-)
[Reply]
Hootie 07:30 PM 01-25-2010
you know I never heard that whole argument until this year...

you know a guy is truly great when his critics only critique is that he gets rid of the ball too quickly and doesn't take enough hits
[Reply]
milkman 09:05 PM 01-25-2010
I think Bardshaw is underrated by most.

He played within the system with a lot of talent surrounding him, but he adapted his game to fit the needs of the team as the team evolved.

That being said, to suggest that he was in the same neigbhorhood as Elway is pure stupidity.
[Reply]
milkman 09:07 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by Mecca:
His Manning hate makes me laugh, I've learned over the years this market in general doesn't really like QB's, especially ones the league promotes as the faces of the league.
Wow, you're reading comprehension is right down there with Hootie's.
[Reply]
milkman 09:12 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think being clutch is kind of subjective, it's like that "he wins games" stuff.
It is subjective, which is why the whole argument is a waste of time.

People can throw out all the stats that they want to, and in the end, it doesn't make a bit of difference, because when I've watched Manning in the playoffs over the years, I've seen a QB that hasn't made the clutch plays in clutch situations more than two or three times.

He has stepped up and made some of those plays in the last 3 or 4 years, but he still has a way to go to reach the level of clutch play that Montana achieved.

He is approaching Brady.
[Reply]
milkman 09:14 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
milk doesn't hate Qbs. He doesnt even hate Manning hell he has him ranked high. His basic argument is Manning isnt clutch like some of the other greats.
Posted via Mobile Device
And hell, how many times have I said that I would want Manning on my team?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:17 PM 01-25-2010
If you really want to know how great Joe Montana is go look at the stats of the 1993 Chiefs when he plays and when Dave Kreig plays. Kreig was a solid NFL starter as well. Its unbelivable how much better the Chiefs were, the Chiefs had a good defense but it wasn't a juggernaut that year at all. The offense scored more and the defense gave up less when Montana was the QB. Chiefs were 8-3 with Montana and 3-2 with Kreig. If Montana is healthy all year, the Chiefs go to the Super Bowl more than likely. If that doesn't tell how good he was at age 37, that should tell you something.

Elway did a shit ton with crappy talent as well. Brady has had the benefit of a good defense and Manning had a shit ton of options on offense. Still lets not act like the Colts are some talent deprived team on offense all of the sudden - Garcon and Collie are still #2 and #3 WRs with Wayne & Clark.

Compared to alot of the all-time greats Manning is lacking in Super Bowl apperances. He only has two - Montana has 4, Elway has 5, Brady has 4, Stabuach has 5, some of the old guys don't have many or any bc they couldn't but won the NFL championship like Unitas, Starr, Graham etc. You can spin the stats all you want but Manning needs at least two more championships/Super Bowl appreances to plant himself in the top 3 IMO.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 23
« First < 111718192021 2223 >
Up