ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 78
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 01:44 PM 07-16-2010
what's the weather like in florida in mid to late december? the wife and I are booked for dec 17-24 for disneyworld--we went there for a few days on our honeymoon, and it's time to get out of town again before we both go into grad school.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 01:51 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by H5N1:
what's the weather like in florida in mid to late december? the wife and I are booked for dec 17-24 for disneyworld--we went there for a few days on our honeymoon, and it's time to get out of town again before we both go into grad school.
Upper 60's during the day, 50's at night.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 01:59 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
Upper 60's during the day, 50's at night.
sweet. thanks, brah.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 02:00 PM 07-16-2010
more rain than normal?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:02 PM 07-16-2010
more rain than normal?
usually rains every morning. at least it did when i was there. Clears up and is humid as shit by 11am-noon.
[Reply]
Silock 02:06 PM 07-16-2010
It's awesome. That's a busy time of year, though. If you can, go a week or two earlier.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:07 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Bump..

Might be headed there in about a month. still pricing things out. Trying to decide between Cali and Florida...

Anyone been lately or this summer?
I think Disneyland is teh suck compared to Disney World. If I didn't live here, I'd never go to Disneyland.

EPCOT is amazing. If I lived in South Florida, I'd go a couple of times a year.
[Reply]
LocoChiefsFan 02:09 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
thats a valid point....mine are 7 and 5. It frustrates me at times that i dont feel they appreciate things i give to them. I know they are still young though....
We took our kids when they were 2 and 4, and they loved it. They still talk about it. We just did the rider swap with the lil ones on rides they weren't big enough to ride.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:20 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think Disneyland is teh suck compared to Disney World. If I didn't live here, I'd never go to Disneyland.

heh...yea,...ive been to Disneyland...but its been like 8 years. That Indy Jones ride was the bomb.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 02:21 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by Silock:
It's awesome. That's a busy time of year, though. If you can, go a week or two earlier.
eh, can't with finals ending december 16th. plus, I got a killer deal (paid the same rate for 8 days as I'd have paid for five). hell, we've been during the 'on' season during the summer--we're staying on property, so we'll just have to take advantage of the extra hours available to on-property 'guests.'
[Reply]
Agent V 02:29 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Personally, I had more fun at EPCOT than any other Disney Park in Orlando. I mean, you can't beat that walk around the park. The fireworks show can't be missed, either. It's like a break from the regular hustle and bustle, get off one ride and jump on the next feel of other Disney Parks. This could be because I outgrew most of the rides at Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios' rides are almost all at least 2-hour waits by 10:00 a.m. (fast-passed Tower of Terror, but that was it)

Now, Islands of Adventure combined with Universal Studios is, in my opinion, the best theme park in that entire city. Cannot WAIT to go back for Harry Potter, nerd that I am.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:41 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by chief103182:
Personally, I had more fun at EPCOT than any other Disney Park in Orlando. I mean, you can't beat that walk around the park. The fireworks show can't be missed, either. It's like a break from the regular hustle and bustle, get off one ride and jump on the next feel of other Disney Parks. This could be because I outgrew most of the rides at Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios' rides are almost all at least 2-hour waits by 10:00 a.m. (fast-passed Tower of Terror, but that was it)

Now, Islands of Adventure combined with Universal Studios is, in my opinion, the best theme park in that entire city. Cannot WAIT to go back for Harry Potter, nerd that I am.
Eh, I've lived in Florida for almost 6 years now and have yet to go to Disney World. But I have been to IOA/Universal tons of times; I had season passes a couple years ago actually. I think they definitely need some new rides, the Hulk is starting to get lame. I guess that's why they put in the Potter World. When I had season passes you could look through the fences and see a little bit of it. I can't wait to go see it
[Reply]
Silock 03:50 PM 07-16-2010
eh, can't with finals ending december 16th. plus, I got a killer deal (paid the same rate for 8 days as I'd have paid for five). hell, we've been during the 'on' season during the summer--we're staying on property, so we'll just have to take advantage of the extra hours available to on-property 'guests.'
Take the final early :-)

But you'll be happy either way.
[Reply]
007 04:04 PM 07-16-2010
Just a forewarning bud. That is one of the busiest weeks of the year at DisneyWorld. Might want to get on Disboards and Tour Guide Mike to get prepared.
[Reply]
vailpass 07-16-2010, 04:10 PM
This message has been deleted by vailpass. Reason: dupe
Mosbonian 05:01 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by Guru:
Just a forewarning bud. That is one of the busiest weeks of the year at DisneyWorld. Might want to get on Disboards and Tour Guide Mike to get prepared.
Or you could just ask me....:-)

And I'm not sure I necessarily agree that is the busiest time....well, not from Sunday afternoon to Friday afternoon. Usually the busiest time is after December 23rd till Jan 2nd or 3rd.

I've been there during almost any month you can name...with my favorite being just before Thanksgiving.

mmaddog
[Reply]
Page 21 of 78
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up