ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 31
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best National Media Tears Official Thread
staylor26 11:50 PM 01-23-2022

The NFL is the greatest league in sports because of the parity. The last team drafts first, the first team drafts last. Not allowing Josh Allen, the best player in today’s game, to touch the ball in overtime is one thing the @NFL must fix. pic.twitter.com/UqP4vE6nc0

— Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:33 AM 01-25-2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:34 AM 01-25-2022
Get this stupid bullshit out of here. God damn.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:34 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because KCC is so insecure about Lebron’s legacy that he feels the need to say he’s the GOAT every day as if it is going to change anybody’s mind.
Bullshit. You're mixing it up just as much as he is.

That isn't the purpose of the the thread at all. Start a new thread if you want to argue about it but please leave it out of this thread. This thread is about rejoicing tears.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:38 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Bullshit. You're mixing it up just as much as he is.

That isn't the purpose of the the thread at all. Start a new thread if you want to argue about it but please leave it out of this thread. This thread is about rejoicing tears.
Suck my fucking dick bitch.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:44 AM 01-25-2022
The best line delivered on Monday, was not about the Chiefs/Bills game.

On the Boomer and Gio show on WFAN out of NYNY, they were discussing the Tom Brady press conference and the softball questions tossed at him by NBC’s Jim Gray.

One of questions lobbed Brady was “If you do come back, would you like a sort of farewell tour if he decides to return for a final year”?

Brady: “mmm no, I think that would be distracting blah blah blah. My enjoyment comes not from recognition, but from the competition ”.

To which Gio replied “I’m just impressed by the audio quality of that interview, seeing as it was recorded inside Tom Brady’s ass, where Jim Gray has been living for the past 15 years”.

Boomer started laughing from his belly.

I Almost dropped my coffee cup.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:48 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
The best line delivered on Monday, was not about the Chiefs/Bills game.

On the Boomer and Gio show on WFAN out of NYNY, they were discussing the Tom Brady press conference and the softball questions tossed at him by NBC’s Jim Gray.

One of questions lobbed Brady was “If you do come back, would you like a sort of farewell tour if he decides to return for a final year”?

Brady: “mmm no, I think that would be distracting blah blah blah. My enjoyment comes not from recognition, but from the competition ”.

To which Gio replied “I’m just impressed by the audio quality of that interview, seeing as it was recorded inside Tom Brady’s ass, where Jim Gray has been living for the past 15 years”.

Boomer started laughing from his belly.

I Almost dropped my coffee cup.
:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 AM 01-25-2022
That’s hilarious.

Now do Collinsworth and everybody else.
[Reply]
O.city 10:53 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Allen does look like a top 5 QB when he doesn't have to think.

Unfortunately, HB and Fenton out Spags went real vanilla so our scrub backups wouldn't be confused and we got top end Allen.

If you watch the beginning of the game it is clear Daboll knew this too. Any play where Allen was confused he was instructed to throw the quick check down and take the 4 yards, get to the next play.

Many Buffalo fans thought this was Daboll being a bad play caller.

It was brilliant and kept Buffalo in the game.

If we confused him and he tried to read through it Allen would have made a few big mistakes in the 1st half.

Once Daboll saw we could not run our stuff it then became easy mode.
Josh Allen just played an all timer game. I'm not sure where the heat is coming from .
[Reply]
TimBone 11:08 AM 01-25-2022
This was a super fun thread until the NBA nonsense. I think I threadbanned most of the people that kept it going.

Let's try and get back to consuming NFL media tears.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:11 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That’s hilarious.

Now do Collinsworth and everybody else.
Collinsworth is awful. He's like Joe Buck dangling off Madison Bumgarner's sack awful.
[Reply]
notorious 11:15 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
This was a super fun thread until the NBA nonsense. I think I threadbanned most of the people that kept it going.

Let's try and get back to consuming NFL media tears.
Tears for years, TimB.

[Reply]
RealSNR 12:01 PM 01-25-2022
Patrick Mahomes is a lot like [insert successful yet controversial politician]

*runs*
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:12 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I agree with your idea on how the media has operated with Jordan/Brady. That said, I do think Mahomes is more clutch than LeBron. Patrick is a friggin' magician.

But in football, you need help from your teammates. Dee Ford screwed him or people would already view Mahomes in an elevated way. Brady would have one less ring too, with a game-ending INT.
He's NEVER had a bad post-season game. He's never had a post-season game that was anything less than great. The only 2 games where his stats weren't outstanding were against SF in the Super Bowl when he was only the MVP and against TB in the SB when he played possibly the most heroic game I've ever seen in a losing effort.

His median playoff QB rating is 120.4. What in the actual fuck is that?!

I mean the GOAT has played in 50 playoff games, but in his prime he went 23/42 for 154 yards and 3 interceptions at HOME. Brady has 5 playoff games above 120 in 47 tries. Mahomes has 5 in 10.

But fellas - here's the dirty little secret. Patrick Mahomes might not actually be 'clutch'. He's just really fucking good. The difference between Mahomes and mortals is that Mahomes in the post-season plays to his regular season numbers. 107 career passer rating in the playoffs - 106 in the regular season. 310 YPG in the playoffs, 302 in the regular season. 5/1 TD/INT ratio in the postseason, 4.1/1 in the regular season. 8.7 AY/A in the regular season, 8.8 AY/A in the post-season.

He's a hair better pretty much across the board, but its within the margin for error. Patrick Mahomes is just fucking awesome. He's awesome in January, he's awesome in September. About the only time he may seem merely mortal is in February but I think we can give him a pass for only winning one MVP and then getting murdered.

It still floors me that people try to diminish what he's doing for the sake of hot takes. This is historic.
[Reply]
irafreak 12:14 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Allen does look like a top 5 QB when he doesn't have to think.

Unfortunately, HB and Fenton out Spags went real vanilla so our scrub backups wouldn't be confused and we got top end Allen.

If you watch the beginning of the game it is clear Daboll knew this too. Any play where Allen was confused he was instructed to throw the quick check down and take the 4 yards, get to the next play.

Many Buffalo fans thought this was Daboll being a bad play caller.

It was brilliant and kept Buffalo in the game.

If we confused him and he tried to read through it Allen would have made a few big mistakes in the 1st half.

Once Daboll saw we could not run our stuff it then became easy mode.
Yeah this is what I thought too. Allen made some great escapes and his throws were on the money but he was not doing majomes things. That td to Pringle as he turned right into a guy in his face was incredible. I saw more poise than last year from him but their coaches called a good game for him.
[Reply]
notorious 12:20 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Patrick Mahomes is a lot like [insert successful yet controversial politician]

*runs*
George Washington.

#1 forever.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 31
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up