View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 209 of 343
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259309 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Balto 03:02 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Do you not remember the Remmers experiment in the SB?

Yeah - it could be a LOT worse than Brown. We're not that far removed from it.

If Brown is so bad at LT that you'd rather play Wylie over there, then in what world would the Eagles deal him to us for Brown? Your internal logic isn't holding together here.

This idea makes very very little sense.
Think it was pretty clear....Not saying I'd rather play Wylie at LT over Brown, but if playing Wylie at LT also means having LAne at RT then YES that does make sense.

I stated that Brown was run blocker while Lane is more of a pass blocker. Eagles have ran more than any team in the NFL AND there have been talk with Eagles trading Lane to go younger....Brown is younger and fits more of what they do /shrug not hard to see why I thought of this is it?
[Reply]
O.city 03:04 PM 10-11-2022
Yeah....Wylie is going at it best he can, but he just gets a bit outclassed at times. Which, no shit, the dues they're going against are freaking monsters.

The Niang injury really sucked.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:06 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah....Wylie is going at it best he can, but he just gets a bit outclassed at times. Which, no shit, the dues they're going against are freaking monsters.

The Niang injury really sucked.
I haven't seen anything from Niang that suggest he'll be a significant upgrade, if he's an upgrade at all. In fact, I think he's a lost cause.

That being said, you're right. Wylie was facing probably the best current pass rusher in the NFL and he got beat a bunch. That happens to pretty much everybody that lines up across from Maxx Crosby.
[Reply]
O.city 03:08 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I haven't seen anything from Niang that suggest he'll be a significant upgrade, if he's an upgrade at all. In fact, I think he's a lost cause.

That being said, you're right. Wylie was facing probably the best current pass rusher in the NFL and he got beat a bunch. That happens to pretty much everybody that lines up across from Maxx Crosby.
Niang atleast has the physical attributes to do it he just can't stay healthy at all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:09 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Niang atleast has the physical attributes to do it he just can't stay healthy at all.
Which suggests to me he DOESN'T have the physical attributes to do it, catch my drift?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:25 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Which suggests to me he DOESN'T have the physical attributes to do it, catch my drift?
You're telling me the ideal body type for an NFL LT isn't "Ostrich egg supported by two toothpicks"?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:29 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
You're telling me the ideal body type for an NFL LT isn't "Ostrich egg supported by two toothpicks"?

I don’t know what Veach saw in that guy. He was a bust from the get go. The people who were comparing him the Willie Roaf should be embarrassed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:50 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I don’t know what Veach saw in that guy. He was a bust from the get go. The people who were comparing him the Willie Roaf should be embarrassed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be fair, he put together a very good resume in college and was only a 3rd round pick...but still.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:56 PM 10-11-2022
So unlike previous weeks, I think this is gonna be a week where I feel better about OBJ's performance on re-watch.

I've been watching clips here and there and by and large, he looks solid. At the very least he wasn't lunging all over the place and losing his balance...
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:01 PM 10-11-2022
I think I saw that Wylie gave up 7 first half pressures?

That's...wow.

Yeah, if there's anyone who truly got abused last night, it wasn't Brown, it was Andrew Wylie. A couple of those reps were really man vs. boy stuff. You don't see a lot of truly non-competitive reps in an NFL game but we saw more than enough last night from Wylie.
So we should trade Wylie for Johnson instead! Move Johnson to left tackle, coax a 64 year old Anthony Munoz out of retirement to play the right side and totally profit.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:03 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Anyone remember Sid Fernandez from the Mets? That's Niang's build in a nutshell. If you put a 300lb safe on a table with rickety legs, eventually it's going to fall.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:04 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:
Think it was pretty clear....Not saying I'd rather play Wylie at LT over Brown, but if playing Wylie at LT also means having LAne at RT then YES that does make sense.

I stated that Brown was run blocker while Lane is more of a pass blocker. Eagles have ran more than any team in the NFL AND there have been talk with Eagles trading Lane to go younger....Brown is younger and fits more of what they do /shrug not hard to see why I thought of this is it?
Any plan that has Wylie taking snaps at LT is a huge fucking no go from me.

Wylie is worse than Brown, he's just less expensive.
[Reply]
Dawson 04:46 PM 10-11-2022
Brown was getting killed last night. No why am I paying this bum. Just draft a tackle in April and then use that money to sign Daron Payne.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 06:17 PM 10-11-2022
So unlike previous weeks, I think this is gonna be a week where I feel better about OBJ's performance on re-watch.

I've been watching clips here and there and by and large, he looks solid. At the very least he wasn't lunging all over the place and losing his balance...
I guess it'll depend on which half you focus on.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:30 PM 10-11-2022
I'm just at the point where Brown is a below average LT that doesn't deserve what he was offered, much less what he wants, and the Chiefs would be wise to end this come the draft. He's not moving to RT and honestly, I don't want to see him at either tackle spot.

As for Wylie, he's backup-grade and starting. The Chiefs really need to upgrade. There are much better options at RT in free agency next year than LT so it might be wise to get an upgrade even if it's a rental. If you can keep Wylie at a discount as a reserve, great. If not, let him go.
[Reply]
Page 209 of 343
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259309 > Last »
Up