ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 209 of 209
« First < 109159199205206207208209
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:39 PM Today
Why can't we let Blanco get a shot at starting? He was hot as shit not too long ago. Why can't we bring up a couple of AAA guys to see what they can do? We keep running out this lineup that is bottom 3 in the league. They couldn't do any worse.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:43 PM Today
I was right about the W total ceiling but wrong that it would not be enough for a playoff spot. I will gladly take being wrong on that side of it any day. What a season! October baseball, for however short or long it may last, has come back to KC (well, not "to" KC but you get it).
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:02 PM Today
Playoffs!!!
[Reply]
TLO 09:03 PM Today
PLAYOFFS?????
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:04 PM Today
We ARE talkin about playoffs!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:13 PM Today

Let's try this again.

Prior to this year, 80 teams in major league history had lost at least 104 games in a season.

The 2023 Royals are the first one of them to make the playoffs one year later.

— Rany Jazayerli (@jazayerli) September 28, 2024

[Reply]
suzzer99 09:16 PM Today

Absolutely love it pic.twitter.com/XfdfkpxVSf

— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) September 28, 2024

[Reply]
suzzer99 09:21 PM Today

George Brett partying like it's 1985. pic.twitter.com/hwoynrNsuU

— Bally Sports Kansas City (@BallySportsKC) September 28, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 09:23 PM Today
EM JAY MALENDAZ IS MY FAVOURITE PLAYER
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:32 PM Today
I put this in the Twins thread but it needs to be here.

This was a little like the 1976 AL West race.

Royals came out on fire to put the A's in a hole and then just couldn't beat anybody in late August and September. But Sal Bando, right before the ASB left a note in the visitors locker that said

"The Royals won't last. And signed it "Capt Sal".

The A's came charging and got within 2 games with 5 to play. But Larry Gura threw a 4 hitter and they clinched a tie that night.

The Royals lost the final 3 games to the Twins at home, but Oakland lost also and the 76 Royals were division champs. I went to all three games. The Sunday game was huge because Carew, Brett and McRae were all within 2 points for the batting title.

Brett went 3-4 and finished at .333 Steve Bry misplayed a ball in LF that was scored a 2B.

Mac went 2-4 and finished at 332.

Carew went 2-4 and finished at 331

McRae was upset after his last AB because he felt Gene Mauch wanted Brett to win the title and had Bry misplay that ball discussed above. Mac yelled into the Twins dugout calling Mauch a MF'er. Benches emptied, near brawl. But it was over quickly.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:50 PM Today
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I put this in the Twins thread but it needs to be here.

This was a little like the 1976 AL West race.

Royals came out on fire to put the A's in a hole and then just couldn't beat anybody in late August and September. But Sal Bando, right before the ASB left a note in the visitors locker that said

"The Royals won't last. And signed it "Capt Sal".

The A's came charging and got within 2 games with 5 to play. But Larry Gura threw a 4 hitter and they clinched a tie that night.

The Royals lost the final 3 games to the Twins at home, but Oakland lost also and the 76 Royals were division champs. I went to all three games. The Sunday game was huge because Carew, Brett and McRae were all within 2 points for the batting title.

Brett went 3-4 and finished at .333 Steve Bry misplayed a ball in LF that was scored a 2B.

Mac went 2-4 and finished at 332.

Carew went 2-4 and finished at 331

McRae was upset after his last AB because he felt Gene Mauch wanted Brett to win the title and had Bry misplay that ball discussed above. Mac yelled into the Twins dugout calling Mauch a MF'er. Benches emptied, near brawl. But it was over quickly.
10 year old ChiTown went to those games as well with my two Brothers. Thanks for stirring up some great memories.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:56 PM Today
The 1976 playoff series is my first sports memory. I was 6. My mom locked herself in the bedroom for an hour after Chambliss's homer. I wasn't 100% sure what happened, but I knew it was bad.
[Reply]
Coach 09:57 PM Today

Rex hudler just said they will not start Seth Lugo tomorrow.

They are setting the rotation for the WildCard series rather than fighting for the #2 WC spot.

The Royals will enter the playoffs in a 3-game series with a rested Ragans/Lugo/Wacha.

Let’s do this

— Jason Anderson (@J810Anderson) September 28, 2024

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:08 PM Today
Welcome back to the bangwagon a bunch of you lol.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:12 PM Today
Originally Posted by Coach:
The right move. Sets up great going down to Houston.
[Reply]
Page 209 of 209
« First < 109159199205206207208209
Up