Done
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:06 PM 03-13-2024
Mike Williams released.

Don't want him personally.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:07 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’m not a big McConkey fan, but his college production WAS affected drastically by the offense in which he played.

Georgia’s OL is so good, they just flat out run-game steamroll everyone they play.

And Brock Bowers was their go-to guy for the same years McConkey was there.

Bowers, Adonai Mitchell, Jermaine Burton all were there and overlapped with McConkey, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, but

ANALYTICS!

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 12:07 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Mike Williams released.

Yea, the brokest of dicks at this point.
[Reply]
kcgreene 12:07 PM 03-13-2024
I’m not a big McConkey fan, but his college production WAS affected drastically by the offense in which he played.

Georgia’s OL is so good, they just flat out run-game steamroll everyone they play.

Bowers, Adonai Mitchell, Jermaine Burton all were there and overlapped with McConkey, too.
This is the one argument that I see that makes me double-take. His offense was very much centered around other things, but I still have to think that he should have more production than hes had. Personally, I have him as a Rd 3 grade to me currently. But if there's one position that booms or busts in the NFL more than any other, it's probably WR, so who the hell knows?
[Reply]
ping2000 12:07 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Mike Williams released.

Wonder if a better trainer could keep him healthy?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:08 PM 03-13-2024
Even healthy, I question the fit. Mahomes doesn't like contested catch dependent WRs.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:08 PM 03-13-2024
If Mike Williams wasn't peanut brittle it would be pretty amazing to see him play here.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:09 PM 03-13-2024
Best part is Mike Williams adds to the weird wide out market. watering it down a little hopefully.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:09 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
This is the one argument that I see that makes me double-take. His offense was very much centered around other things, but I still have to think that he should have more production than hes had. Personally, I have him as a Rd 3 grade to me currently. But if there's one position that booms or busts in the NFL more than any other, it's probably WR, so who the hell knows?
Why bother scouting then?

Just draft the WR's that produced the most yards in their college offense.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:11 PM 03-13-2024

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
McConkey, Wilson and Pearsall are all similar type of WR’s to me. They represent what I think Andy wants: a smart route runner with athleticism that can win in the intermediate and threaten deep. That would fit nicely here.

Hasn’t had that type of guy since Jeremy Maclin
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 12:11 PM 03-13-2024

I’d say the Mahomes restructure amount is quite the curious amount…it’s so large I feel there is a better chance now that Sneed stays.

What would the Chiefs even do with $35m in cap space if Sneed was traded? A lot of great players are already signed.

— Conner Christopherson (@Conner_DKC)
March 12, 2024

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:12 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Palangi:
Well puka was a 5th round pick. Not first out second. If Ladd is available in the 5th then yes take the chance
Yes, and where would he be drafted today? That's the point. Ladd won't last past 40-45, if he gets that far.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:12 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
what could we do with 35 million in cap space?

Sign a tackle and sign a WR.

Then you need $$$ for draft picks.
[Reply]
kcgreene 12:13 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Why bother scouting then?

Just draft the WR's that produced the most yards in their college offense.
Because production isn't the only thing that matters, but it is a piece of the puzzle. To act like player evaluation is as simple as only statistics or only tape evaluation is intellectually short-sighted. There's a balance of multiple facets, but typically speaking when WRs don't produce in college, they have trouble producing at the next level, so it serves as a red flag when guys have less production against lesser talented defenses.

There are exceptions to the rule, just like every other rule.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:14 PM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
Because production isn't the only thing that matters, but it is a piece of the puzzle. To act like player evaluation is as simple as only statistics or only tape evaluation is intellectually short-sighted. There's a balance of multiple facets, but typically speaking when WRs don't produce in college, they have trouble producing at the next level, so it serves as a red flag when guys have less production against lesser talented defenses.

There are exceptions to the rule, just like every other rule.
Yes, there are multiple facets and you are too obsessed with how they are used in college.

BTW, the analytics morons on Twitter are favoring Worthy and Franklin because PRODUCTION!!!

But will change their draft boards if they don't go high.

Just a total waste of time.
[Reply]
Page 208 of 365
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258308 > Last »
Up