ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 207 of 378
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257307 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
Iconic 08:57 PM 05-17-2023
another win for #teamHIMmy
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:05 PM 05-17-2023
Hard not to root for Jimmy Butler.

Also hard not to hate any Boston sports team. Fuck the Celtics.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:40 PM 05-17-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Smart with an amazing flop there when going for the rebound on the last shot down 7 points. He truly is a talent.
It is garbage the NBA allows this shit to continue when you can clean it up so easily
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:52 AM 05-18-2023
Butler is having an epic playoff run. Of course KC_LEBRONIE doesn't wants to talk about it in since it doesn't have to do w LeBron.

Never seen so many lower seeds have so much success in an NBA playoff.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:05 AM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Butler is having an epic playoff run. Of course KC_LEBRONIE doesn't wants to talk about it in since it doesn't have to do w LeBron.

The top teams just aren't that good so the league is pretty balanced.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:32 AM 05-18-2023
Which was the worst coached team, the sixers or the Celtics?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:08 AM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

I know you only stop in to this thread to bash LeBron/me every couple of weeks, but here are a collection of posts by me referring to Butler from the past few weeks:

:-) Butler
I think he's a major overachiever. There was really no rhyme or reason for him to be this good coming out of Marquette or even what he was early in his career with the Bulls. It almost feels like he has these performances through his sheer competitiveness. His bubble playoff performance nearly won a Heat team a championship that had no real business even being at that stage. Just a big game player.
Giannis has been hurt and Butler just played one of the greatest NBA playoff games of all time (which will obviously be difficult to replicate). Milwaukee is still in with a decent shot if Giannis gets back to close to 100%.
Butler :-)
They could have had both, if I'm recalling correctly. It was effectively a choice of signing Harris to a long term deal versus letting Butler go.

The 2019 76ers were Embiid, Butler, Simmons (when he was still good and gave a shit), Harris, and Redick.
That might be because he's taken the Heat to the East Finals twice and the NBA Finals once over the past four years with a roster of basically only Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and nearly washed 38 year old Kyle Lowry.

[Reply]
dirk digler 07:36 AM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The top teams just aren't that good so the league is pretty balanced.
I love parity. Now if they could make the regular season meaningful maybe they can move closer to the NFL.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:39 AM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I love parity. Now if they could make the regular season meaningful maybe they can move closer to the NFL.
They have actually moved the other direction and watered it down. They need to reduce the number of playoff teams, not expand it. It's pretty much screwed.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:43 AM 05-18-2023
They have actually moved the other direction and watered it down. They need to reduce the number of playoff teams, not expand it. It's pretty much screwed.
They are starting an in-season tournament soon (I believe next year?), so it appears they've recognized the problem. It may not move the needle though.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:44 AM 05-18-2023
I really really like the play in games though. They need to shorten the regular season to 40-52 games and start at Christmas. Play 2x times a week or max 3 and no back to back games. That would eliminate "load management".

It will never happen though. This new regular season tournament they are going to do next season is going to be stupid
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:45 AM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I really really like the play in games though. They need to shorten the regular season to 40-52 games and start at Christmas. Play 2x times a week or max 3 and no back to back games. That would eliminate "load management".

It will never happen though. This new regular season tournament they are going to do next season is going to be stupid
Yeah the owners are never going to give up the revenue that comes with all those regular season games (and certainly not that many).
[Reply]
Eureka 08:15 AM 05-18-2023
Miami going to win it all. That team has grit!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:33 AM 05-18-2023
They are starting an in-season tournament soon (I believe next year?), so it appears they've recognized the problem. It may not move the needle though.
Yeah..sounds stupid.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:32 PM 05-18-2023

Crying myself to sleep while watching this on repeat… pic.twitter.com/rAE92QnkHH

— Josh Reynolds (@JoshReynolds24) May 18, 2023

Looks pretty clear who was the leader on that 2019 76ers team. Still couldn't beat Kawhi though.
[Reply]
Page 207 of 378
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257307 > Last »
Up