« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 11:09 AM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Whaaaaaaaaat?

You don't say....
He quietly had 7 broken tackles on just 22 receptions last year.

Which is pretty damn close to the rate he had when he broke 26 tackles on 95 catches his last year of college.

With that said, as I said back then when I pointed to that stat, the main thing about his broken tackles #s was that it made me feel good about his toughness and ability to play through contact as a smaller guy.

As for the game, I'm obviously disappointed in his perfomance. I expected better, but I also don't think the book is closed on him after one game in his sophomore season. I think all of the young guys will be better with Kelce in th mix, and all Thursday did was prove they definitely aren't ready to be depended on quite to that level.

I'm not ready to eat crow just yet, but he needs to show some signs of growth the next couple of weeks, or I wouldn't be opposed to lowering his snap count.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:11 AM 09-09-2023
Also, I see claims about Skyy fans/defenders saying that he was going to be the best WR in last year's draft class, and Antonio Brown comparisons, etc.

Just to be clear, absolutely none of that came from me.

In no way did I think he was better than Wilson, Olave, London, etc.

Hell, I liked Pickens more.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:38 AM 09-09-2023
No, you were one of the highest on him (and I was promised I'd be eating my words by now...) but you weren't the one calling him Brown.

That was Crow and I believe Run KC.

Crow was a complete fucking lunatic during the Moore Wars. And of course there was the standard level of Crow histrionics anytime someone dared question his greatness.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:02 PM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
At least one of these kids are going to hit. At least one.
I'd bet on Rice but i'm not tempting fate with my track record
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:08 PM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He quietly had 7 broken tackles on just 22 receptions last year.

Which is pretty damn close to the rate he had when he broke 26 tackles on 95 catches his last year of college.

With that said, as I said back then when I pointed to that stat, the main thing about his broken tackles #s was that it made me feel good about his toughness and ability to play through contact as a smaller guy.

As for the game, I'm obviously disappointed in his perfomance. I expected better, but I also don't think the book is closed on him after one game in his sophomore season. I think all of the young guys will be better with Kelce in th mix, and all Thursday did was prove they definitely aren't ready to be depended on quite to that level.

I'm not ready to eat crow just yet, but he needs to show some signs of growth the next couple of weeks, or I wouldn't be opposed to lowering his snap count.
Breaking tackles in the MAC may not translate to breaking tackles in the NFL
[Reply]
JPH83 12:26 PM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Also, I see claims about Skyy fans/defenders saying that he was going to be the best WR in last year's draft class, and Antonio Brown comparisons, etc.

Just to be clear, absolutely none of that came from me.

In no way did I think he was better than Wilson, Olave, London, etc.

Hell, I liked Pickens more.
We both liked Pickens more (everyone did) but also liked Moore. I'm not eating crow either but to be honest, it's getting close.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:29 PM 09-09-2023
No, you were one of the highest on him (and I was promised I'd be eating my words by now...) but you weren't the one calling him Brown.

Crow was a complete ****ing lunatic during the Moore Wars. And of course there was the standard level of Crow histrionics anytime someone dared question his greatness.
Actually, I think it was me, although I was not saying he was going to BE ANTONIO BROWN, it was in the context of "ceiling" and what I was talking about was the comparison RAS. Some people were saying he was going to be a slot guy ONLY with no ability to play outside; I said that he was athletic enough to play outside, his RAS score was very comparable to Antonio Brown, both essentially the same size too.

This got turned into : OMG, PEOPLE THINK WE JUST DRAFTED AB

Which is not what anyone was saying.

I'm not closing the book on Moore, but he's going to need to step up pretty quick. The reports from camp would indicate that it's likely. We'll see.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:31 PM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I'd bet on Rice but i'm not tempting fate with my track record
Rice had the drop, but then did some nice things later on. I think as his 'package' grows, he'll definitely be productive. I like what I see.

and I was encouraged seeing Ross on the all-22, he was getting open, and doing so deep, which is very encouraging, I think.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:33 PM 09-09-2023

Crow was a complete ****ing lunatic during the Moore Wars. And of course there was the standard level of Crow histrionics anytime someone dared question his greatness.
No I don't recall comping him to AB. I think Boss did.

Staylor comped him to Diontae Johnson and I remember saying he looked like a much better version of Albert Wilson
[Reply]
JPH83 12:36 PM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Rice had the drop, but then did some nice things later on. I think as his 'package' grows, he'll definitely be productive. I like what I see.

and I was encouraged seeing Ross on the all-22, he was getting open, and doing so deep, which is very encouraging, I think.
He'll have a few rough ones but totally agree on all this. I'd kinda like to see more of him on the outside though, see what he looks like there. One other smaller reason I expect his snaps to increase is that his blocking looks pretty damn good too. I think that'll be valued
[Reply]
RunKC 12:42 PM 09-09-2023
Fact check: yea I did comp him to Albert Wilson a hit as well as Hunter Renfrow.

Boss said he could be the best WR in the draft :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ght=Skyy+moore
[Reply]
staylor26 12:50 PM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Breaking tackles in the MAC may not translate to breaking tackles in the NFL
Go back and read the first 3 sentences of that post.
[Reply]
arrwheader 01:21 PM 09-09-2023
Dude has bust written all over him. He is Hardman 2.0, he is never consistant and he can't be counted on. Really head scratching here how Veach and Co saw him and picked him over pickens.......

Just a big dissapointment all around. He will flash then suck. Buckle up for another few years of this....
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:25 PM 09-09-2023
Re-watching the game, Skyy Moore was brutal.

Couldn’t get separation, drops, no ability to make difficult catches.

Unless he’s schemed up to get wide open like with Corn Dog… he’s a shitty JAG.

At least Toney has the excuse that he missed all training camp/preseason.

Skyy had a golden opportunity Thursday and choked.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:36 PM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Re-watching the game, Skyy Moore was brutal.

Couldn’t get separation, drops, no ability to make difficult catches.

Unless he’s schemed up to get wide open like with Corn Dog… he’s a shitty JAG.

At least Toney has the excuse that he missed all training camp/preseason.

Skyy had a golden opportunity Thursday and choked.

It's just one game, but this was kind of my fear all along. That Skyy would prove to be just another TC/preseason hero that never materialized in the regular season.
[Reply]
Page 207 of 280
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257 > Last »
Up