View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 207 of 343
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257307 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:49 AM 10-11-2022
I totally don't fully understand the RFA tender thing, as well as what happens when you lose a franchised player. The descriptions are kind of legalese and I don't really get it.

But if I understand it correctly, we'd get a 3rd comp for letting OBJ walk.

And if we were to offer an average LT contract to Nijman, (my favorite, but just as an example) GB would have to match to keep him?

I like Nijman because he's got a full season more or less in an offense with the same base terminology, protecting the blind side of the nearest comp to Mahomes there is. It seems to me that would be a fairly seamless transition.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:22 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Someone doesn't have a working barometer for 'average' LT play in this league.

Eric Fisher was routinely a top 10 LT in the league. And a top 5 pass blocker who's athleticism allowed this team to leave him on an island against all but the very best pass rushers.

There weren't 5 LTs in the league who'd have provided better performance for the Chiefs at the position over Fishers 5 year apex in KC. He was a very good player for us.
He was also available injury wise for us. He started in 89% of his games possible with the Chiefs.

The guy had a 5 year stretch of starting 94% of the games. There’s not much more you can ask from your LT.

CP is just retarded when it comes to OL. Now that we have a QB I don’t care if they draft an OL in the first rd.

We don’t want our QB to be Andrew Luck’d. Hell I don’t want him to be injured like Justin Herbert currently is.

Protect your greatest investment
[Reply]
JPH83 10:36 AM 10-11-2022
Someone doesn't have a working barometer for 'average' LT play in this league.

Eric Fisher was routinely a top 10 LT in the league. And a top 5 pass blocker who's athleticism allowed this team to leave him on an island against all but the very best pass rushers.

There weren't 5 LTs in the league who'd have provided better performance for the Chiefs at the position over Fishers 5 year apex in KC. He was a very good player for us.
A lot of people lost their minds over the OBJ trade, but I was honestly amazed at how dismissive some were of Fisher as part of that. What's obvious is the OBJ we've seen this year is not remotely close to the level we saw from Fisher.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
A lot of people lost their minds over the OBJ trade, but I was honestly amazed at how dismissive some were of Fisher as part of that. What's obvious is the OBJ we've seen this year is not remotely close to the level we saw from Fisher.
Some folks simply never got over going T at 1.1 and then seeing him struggle with a position switch as a rookie and some injury issues at LT as a soph. And he was green - we knew that going into it. There was going to be a learning curve and he was going to have to add functional strength.

He did all those things. He got better; got stronger. Reid trusted him implicitly. As far as potential 1.1 picks went in that draft, he was the best available option and history says by a fair amount.

But again - there's a group of people who just refused to acknowledge what was in front of them.
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:02 AM 10-11-2022
Some folks simply never got over going T at 1.1 and then seeing him struggle with a position switch as a rookie and some injury issues at LT as a soph. And he was green - we knew that going into it. There was going to be a learning curve and he was going to have to add functional strength.

He did all those things. He got better; got stronger. Reid trusted him implicitly. As far as potential 1.1 picks went in that draft, he was the best available option and history says by a fair amount.

But again - there's a group of people who just refused to acknowledge what was in front of them.
This is CP. There are far more idiots on here (who speak the most often) than people with actual football IQ.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:16 AM 10-11-2022
Please tell me the Chiefs aren't going to pay this guy. I'll lose a lot of respect for Veach if that happens.
[Reply]
O.city 11:36 AM 10-11-2022
During Fisher's time here he also had Schwartz at RT which made things alot easier on said QB.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:36 AM 10-11-2022

Yes

People get committed to hating a player and almost nothing can change their mind.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:38 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Yes

People get committed to hating a player and almost nothing can change their mind.
I dont hate Fisher. He just wasnt that good. He was meh.

It's the constant bitching and complaining about wanting Fisher back that I hate. It's over. He's not good. 32 teams dont want him starting on their line. Only 9 teams were willing to even discuss him as depth. Get over it.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:41 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I dont hate Fisher. He just wasnt that good. He was meh.

It's the constant bitching and complaining about wanting Fisher back that I hate. It's over. He's not good. 32 teams dont want him starting on their line. Only 9 teams were willing to even discuss him as depth. Get over it.
I agree, but he was discussing the fact that many people hated the Fisher pick and refused to acknowledge throughout Fisher's career that he turned out to be a decent pick in hindsight.

Some people decided the second his name appeared on their TV screen that they hated him and that the pick would always suck, in their eyes.
[Reply]
Coach 12:45 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I agree, but he was discussing the fact that many people hated the Fisher pick and refused to acknowledge throughout Fisher's career that he turned out to be a decent pick in hindsight.

Some people decided the second his name appeared on their TV screen that they hated him and that the pick would always suck, in their eyes.
I didn't like the pick, but it was one of the best, looking at hindsight. At least the Chiefs got some value out of it.

Joeckel flamed out.
Jordan bounced around (JAG) and flamed out.
Lane Johnson is still playing and he's pretty solid for a T.
Ansah was decent, but wasn't a force, and he was out of the league in 2021.

Overall, it was a very weak class, in hindsight.

Flip side is, that 2013 class, the Chiefs did net Kelce.
[Reply]
oldman 12:50 PM 10-11-2022
Brown won't even be offered his $16.62M, at least by Veach. The only way PMII didn't get killed last night was we brought in Gray to help him. He's a RT, a road grader, period. We can't keep putting lipstick on a pig and expect it to be Miss Alabama.
[Reply]
loochy 12:50 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
I didn't like the pick, but it was one of the best, looking at hindsight. At least the Chiefs got some value out of it.

Joeckel flamed out.

Flip side is, that 2013 class, the Chiefs did net Kelce.

He was a solid starter for a long time at a high value position. Looking back, it was worth the 1st. LIke you say, who else would they have taken?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:51 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:

Joeckel flamed out.

It was a weak class in real time. Everyone knew it.

The fact that the Chiefs got a first ballot HoFer from the 3rd round of it speaks to a little bit of luck but also a pretty good eye.

I think it was right after Kelce's first full season where I decided "y'know what? I'm looking at Kelce as our first rounder and slotting everyone else accordingly...." and suddenly the draft felt a lot better.

Nobody had Hopkins at 1.1. Or Travis Frederick or Darius Slay or Bakhtiari or Allen or Big Shel. When the only guy legitimately in the discussion as being a possible better decision even in hindsight is a guy who's played RT at roughly the same level Fisher played LT, I don't see it as even being an open question anymore.

Fisher was the right pick and for many years here a very good player.
[Reply]
Balto 12:54 PM 10-11-2022
Lane Johnson, very high rated pass blocker, trade rumors have been out there a couple of years now. With Philly having the highest run attempts and planning for the long term very good youth group.

Maybe some deal sending OBJ to Philly for Lane Johnson could work. They get a run blocker while we get a pass blocker.
[Reply]
Page 207 of 343
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257307 > Last »
Up