ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 206 of 258
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:07 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Trade to who? Why would another team want to trade assets for that guy and then have to pay them....when they could just draft their own guy?
Because Chris Ballard
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:10 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It would take smart and patient ownership, but the truth of the matter is that you're not winning Super Bowls without a top ten QB minimum in this NFL-and if that QB is no longer on his rookie deal, he'll have to be top five.

If your guy IS NOT top 5 or top 10 on their rookie deal, do not pay him. There's no point, it only cripples the rest of your roster.

I don't care if I just have to let Jones walk for nothing, I don't pay that mediocrity. I can get mediocre for a lot less.

Actually, I guess they'd probably get like a compensatory 3rd if they did that. Better than nothing.
That formula CAN work IF the GM wheeling and dealing is an ace in acquiring talent in place of not over paying/trading away a QB. It's very rare to have the gold standard that is Brett Veach.

The safest route for a GM is to pay the sub-elite QB elite money. That's why guys like Murray and Prescott got the deals they did. The organization doesn't trust their ability to replace them, move in another direction.

Veach is young, it's going to be a while before he's faced with anything like that. This truly is the golden age of Chiefs football.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:16 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why?
The man knows how to build an offense. Russell Wilson is the best QB he's had since Breese retired and it's not even close.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:24 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
The man knows how to build an offense. Russell Wilson is the best QB he's had since Breese retired and it's not even close.
So you think Payton is going to turn mid 30’s athletically declining Russ into some version of Drew Brees, huh?

Interesting take.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:24 PM 03-26-2023

Lol I came into the league behind Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce and Sammy Watkins and people thought I supposed to become a #1 WR 😂

— Mecole Hardman Jr. (@MecoleHardman4) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
RunKC 07:34 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why?
Sean Payton made Drew Brees, Teddy Bridewater and Jamies Winston all look very good. Yes he’s a Donkey now but that doesn’t mean he’s not one of the best offensive coaches.

People get butthurt and think that means that’s saying they’re better. I think Sean Payton will make Russ look decent again.

Not elite. Decent..
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:55 PM 03-26-2023
It would take smart and patient ownership, but the truth of the matter is that you're not winning Super Bowls without a top ten QB minimum in this NFL-and if that QB is no longer on his rookie deal, he'll have to be top five.

If your guy IS NOT top 5 or top 10 on their rookie deal, do not pay him. There's no point, it only cripples the rest of your roster.

I don't care if I just have to let Jones walk for nothing, I don't pay that mediocrity. I can get mediocre for a lot less.

Actually, I guess they'd probably get like a compensatory 3rd if they did that. Better than nothing.
My guess for why you pay a guy like Daniel Jones or Derek Carr is to avoid rock bottom. Cause at least then you're still selling tickets and keeping things interesting. But even still, it'll never lead to anything. Some owners just don't fucking care, it seems.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:58 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
So you think Payton is going to turn mid 30’s athletically declining Russ into some version of Drew Brees, huh?

Interesting take.
They will be improved, yes. But Payton isn't in the NFCS anymore. Unless it's is substantial improvement then it could easily fall short of what's needed. If they get swept by the Chargers then split games with the Raiders, that's five losses right there. They have a small margin for error. So yeah, I'm not sure how dramatic the improvement will be.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:02 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He didn't get the money he wanted and has to play for the Jets. That is rough.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:05 PM 03-26-2023
They will be improved, yes. But Payton isn't in the NFCS anymore. Unless it's is substantial improvement then it could easily fall short of what's needed. If they get swept by the Chargers then split games with the Raiders, that's five losses right there. They have a small margin for error. So yeah, I'm not sure how dramatic the improvement will be.
Vegas thinks DEN will win 8 games (8.5). That's probably close.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:08 PM 03-26-2023
I suppose that’s a fair statement.

I don’t know. I just really don’t see it with DangeRuss. I suppose I could be wrong, but I just can’t envision a scenario this year of the Donkos hitting above .500. I see it much more probable for another double digit loss season, but I guess we’ll see . . . . .
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:36 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I suppose that’s a fair statement.

I don’t know. I just really don’t see it with DangeRuss. I suppose I could be wrong, but I just can’t envision a scenario this year of the Donkos hitting above .500. I see it much more probable for another double digit loss season, but I guess we’ll see . . . . .
Well, they won five games last year. If the jump up to eight wins then that's solid improvement. That's all I'm saying.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:43 PM 03-26-2023
That formula CAN work IF the GM wheeling and dealing is an ace in acquiring talent in place of not over paying/trading away a QB. It's very rare to have the gold standard that is Brett Veach.

The safest route for a GM is to pay the sub-elite QB elite money. That's why guys like Murray and Prescott got the deals they did. The organization doesn't trust their ability to replace them, move in another direction.

Veach is young, it's going to be a while before he's faced with anything like that. This truly is the golden age of Chiefs football.
If were an owner, and my GM came to me with this plan, I'd fire them all. Because it tells me they're not good enough to win Super Bowls. They can't identify, draft, and develop talent, and they're playing for mediocre.

I'd rather have a guy tell me-Hey, this guy's just not going to be better than middle of the pack at best. I think we should cut him loose, sign a stop-gap, and try again in the draft.

THAT I can respect.

Fuck operating from a cowardly stance.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:44 PM 03-26-2023
Well, they won five games last year. If the jump up to eight wins then that's solid improvement. That's all I'm saying.
It's still a respectable defense. If they run the ball, play-action pass, and play defense, yeah, they could squeak out 8.

If they let Russ cook, they're fucked.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:08 PM 03-26-2023
If were an owner, and my GM came to me with this plan, I'd fire them all. Because it tells me they're not good enough to win Super Bowls. They can't identify, draft, and develop talent, and they're playing for mediocre.

I'd rather have a guy tell me-Hey, this guy's just not going to be better than middle of the pack at best. I think we should cut him loose, sign a stop-gap, and try again in the draft.

THAT I can respect.

**** operating from a cowardly stance.
That's basically what the Raiders are doing with Jimmy, SEA with Geno, NO when Winston was doing alright. It kind of evens out. In the end DAL paid Prescott and are not much further ahead. It's a tough call.

A total failure is a team like ARZ bottoming out. Can't have that, coach did get fired. They replaced him with some random goober.
[Reply]
Page 206 of 258
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256 > Last »
Up