View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 206 of 343
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256306 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:54 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Are you just arguing to argue? Because your reading comprehension skills are pretty bad otherwise.
My reading comprehension skills are just fine. Your understanding of how good Eric Fisher was is completely fucked, however.

How dumb do you have to be to sit there and say its a good thing that at least 11 teams (Chiefs, Colts, +9 anonymous teams) dont want Fisher in their starting OL, because just maybe that means the Chiefs can re-sign him to start at LT?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:58 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
My reading comprehension skills are just fine. Your understanding of how good Eric Fisher was is completely ****ed, however.
You yourself admitted a few posts back that he was a better pass blocker than OBJ.

He did so at a pretty team friendly cap number, which is all I ever said.

I've stated over and over that the main point is that we cannot OVERPAY for middle of the road LT play.

And yet, you keep trying to argue that I've propped Fisher up as some stud LT, despite the fact that I literally said 'I'm not propping Fisher up as some stud LT'.

so yeah, either your reading comprehension sucks, or you're just arguing to argue.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:59 AM 10-11-2022
You yourself admitted a few posts back that he was a better pass blocker than OBJ.
Thats 1 aspect of the game you ignorant fuck. I said OBJ overall > Fisher overall.

Do you understand the distinction you fucking moron?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:03 AM 10-11-2022
My reading comprehension skills are just fine. Your understanding of how good Eric Fisher was is completely ****ed, however.

How dumb do you have to be to sit there and say its a good thing that at least 11 teams (Chiefs, Colts, +9 anonymous teams) dont want Fisher in their starting OL, because just maybe that means the Chiefs can re-sign him to start at LT?
It's like trying to explain chess to a four year old.

You think perhaps the offers were low because they were intrigued by the possibility that he would return to form, but not positive that he would be the same player? And that perhaps Fisher felt that was not worth the risk?

And your reading comprehension sucks, because I've also said multiple times that this should not be plan 'A'.

You're totally painting my position as something entirely different than it is, and no matter how much I reiterate, you just keep on keeping on.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:05 AM 10-11-2022
I dont give a fuck what letter plan you want to label it. It's a stupid opinion backed up by 11 fucking teams.

Your football knowledge is not better than all of those collective people.
[Reply]
Holladay 09:09 AM 10-11-2022
:-):-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 AM 10-11-2022
No, healthy Fisher was not worse than OBJ.

Healthy Fisher was an above average LT. And at relatively good cap value. Which is HUGE in this discussion.

Now, if you want to argue that healthy Fisher no longer exists, you may well be right. I have no idea.

But I'm not propping Fisher up as some stud LT. It's the same argument that OBJ must be upgraded or just pay him; that's a position that ignores all nuance. The big thing is that we cannot OVERPAY for a mediocre LT. We can survive with a middle of the road LT as long as we're not tying up top tier money.

I'm not even saying bringing Fisher back should be the plan; I'm just reacting to discussions above in this thread.

Personally, I'd be looking at Yosh Nijman from Green Bay, who's been filling in admirably for Bahktiari. GB can't cut Bahktiari (nor would they want to if he's healthy), nor could they afford to pay Nijman even an average starting LT salary. He's a RFA in '23, so I'd totally pay that kid an average LT salary to man that spot for us.

You seem to be unable to grasp anything other than black/white.
Fisher's strengths/weaknesses also dovetailed better with our offense than OBJ.

Anyone who's STILL shitting on Eric Fisher is either A) Doubling down on a decade of angst after we got 1.1 in the worst year in living memory to have it or B) Unwilling to tolerate anyone but Willie Roaf at LT.

Fisher was a very good player for a pretty long time. He was a critically important piece of our SB team. Folks that STILL refuse to give him credit just make me shake my head.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:14 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Fisher's strengths/weaknesses also dovetailed better with our offense than OBJ.

Anyone who's STILL shitting on Eric Fisher is either A) Doubling down on a decade of angst after we got 1.1 in the worst year in living memory to have it or B) Unwilling to tolerate anyone but Willie Roaf at LT.

Fisher was a very good player for a pretty long time. He was a critically important piece of our SB team. Folks that STILL refuse to give him credit just make me shake my head.
Fisher was an average at best LT for a pretty long time. He was scheduled to return from injury by like week 4. If he was so good that the Chiefs couldnt have moved on from him they wouldnt have decided they needed to get better at the position.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:14 AM 10-11-2022
Thats 1 aspect of the game you ignorant ****. I said OBJ overall > Fisher overall.

Do you understand the distinction you ****ing moron?
You're proving yourself to be completely ignorant over and over.

You should keep posting.

You really don't understand anything I've said. So your reading comprehension sucks. Let me spell it out for you:

1)a healthy Fisher would be a better fit than OBJ in Reid's offense. That may well no longer exist.

2)Regardless, this should not be plan 'A' for the Chiefs' future. Under no circumstances would you pin your hopes entirely on a guy off the street coming off an achilles tear.

3)Fisher was a relative bargain contract, which is important to the discussion. You cannot overpay for average play. Fisher was a probably above average but by no means stud LT. This contract was favorable for the team. OBJ wants huge money, and this would be a bad move, in my opinion. Contract value is very important. CONTRACT VALUE IS VERY IMPORTANT.

4)OBJ had real problems with Chandler Jones, not Maxx Crosby. The fact that you were unaware of this means that you don't really know what you're talking about when you discuss offensive line play. You're not watching.

5) Andy Reid prefers to pass the ball. So, your admission that perhaps Fisher was a better pass blocker than Brown, is more than just ONE TINY THING, it's a pretty BIG THING, as well as the fact that Fisher agreed to a very team friendly contract, which is also a VERY BIG THING in our ability to field a championship quality roster. So it's TWO BIG THINGS, not one. Both of which don't really matter anyway moving forward, no matter how much you want to call names.

One of us looks like a moron in this exchange, and it ain't me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:16 AM 10-11-2022
Fisher is done. Fin.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:18 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fisher is done. Fin.
if anecdotal MIL accounts are true, it would appear so.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:23 AM 10-11-2022
Anyway.

I'm on the let OBJ walk, I think that gives us a comp 3rd? Is that right? We gave up the equivalent of a 2nd for him and got two relatively cheap seasons from him and get a 3rd back. I'd say that's pretty good value.

Sign Yosh Nijman away from GB for a league average LT contract, he's a RFA in 2023. GB can't cut Bahktiari and nor would they want to if he's healthy.
They can't pay two LT's.

This would be my plan 'A'.

Enough hypothetical Fisher arguments.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:35 AM 10-11-2022
Fisher was an average at best LT for a pretty long time. He was scheduled to return from injury by like week 4. If he was so good that the Chiefs couldnt have moved on from him they wouldnt have decided they needed to get better at the position.
Someone doesn't have a working barometer for 'average' LT play in this league.

Eric Fisher was routinely a top 10 LT in the league. And a top 5 pass blocker who's athleticism allowed this team to leave him on an island against all but the very best pass rushers.

There weren't 5 LTs in the league who'd have provided better performance for the Chiefs at the position over Fishers 5 year apex in KC. He was a very good player for us.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:37 AM 10-11-2022
No, healthy Fisher was not worse than OBJ.

Healthy Fisher was an above average LT. And at relatively good cap value. Which is HUGE in this discussion.

Now, if you want to argue that healthy Fisher no longer exists, you may well be right. I have no idea.

But I'm not propping Fisher up as some stud LT. It's the same argument that OBJ must be upgraded or just pay him; that's a position that ignores all nuance. The big thing is that we cannot OVERPAY for a mediocre LT. We can survive with a middle of the road LT as long as we're not tying up top tier money.

I'm not even saying bringing Fisher back should be the plan; I'm just reacting to discussions above in this thread.

Personally, I'd be looking at Yosh Nijman from Green Bay, who's been filling in admirably for Bahktiari. GB can't cut Bahktiari (nor would they want to if he's healthy), nor could they afford to pay Nijman even an average starting LT salary. He's a RFA in '23, so I'd totally pay that kid an average LT salary to man that spot for us.

You seem to be unable to grasp anything other than black/white.
We're probably not signing Nijman either unless GB does anything but give him a 1st round RFA tender at $6.01 million. With Jenkins being a UFA, its hard to imagine they won't RFA Nijman and put him in as the starting RT and insurance on Bakhtiari getting injured again at LT.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:43 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
We're probably not signing Nijman either unless GB does anything but give him a 1st round RFA tender at $6.01 million. With Jenkins being a UFA, its hard to imagine they won't RFA Nijman and put him in as the starting RT and insurance on Bakhtiari getting injured again at LT.
My understanding is that Kelly is their preferred RT? And it just seems like a lot of cap to tie up.
[Reply]
Page 206 of 343
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256306 > Last »
Up