« First < 104154194200201202203204 205206207208214254 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
New World Order 03:53 PM 09-08-2023
Jumping in the air with your arms extended while the ball goes right through your hands is now called "The Skyy Moore."
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:53 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
looks like skyy paused on his route a bit in the middle of the field, if he just kept going he probably is in better position
Ball dropped out of the air inches over the outstretched arms of two guys and right into both palms.

How much better positioned do you need him to be?

The route's not the problem. He just duffed a ball he needs to have caught.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:59 PM 09-08-2023
Skyy made one of the best catches I've ever seen in the preseason last year. And I believe that's the last impressive thing I've seen out of him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:05 PM 09-08-2023
Just to balance the books a tad, Skyy ran a ton of outlet routes, where he was obviously the relief target in the event of a blitz or breakdown in pass pro. You know, those little routes to the flat, or those short little routes along the boundaries. So he was basically the 4th or 5th option on those cases. And Pat rarely utilizes his outlets.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:08 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Just to balance the books a tad, Skyy ran a ton of outlet routes, where he was obviously the relief target in the event of a blitz or breakdown in pass pro. You know, those little routes to the flat, or those short little routes along the boundaries. So he was basically the 4th or 5th option on those cases. And Pat rarely utilizes his outlets.
"He was really just doing his job"

Dusting off the Frank Clark excuses already, eh?

Aw fuck - we're in Jacksonville next week. Already looking forward to "He almost made a play" and "Guys, it's REALLY hot outside..."

If he toasts a linebacker in man coverage the way Clark could occasionally beat a TE when he got a 1v1 matchup vs him, then the circle will truly be complete...
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:14 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Aw fuck - we're in Jacksonville next week. Already looking forward to "He almost made a play" and "Guys, it's REALLY hot outside..."

If he toasts a linebacker in man coverage the way Clark could occasionally beat a TE when he got a 1v1 matchup vs him, then the circle will truly be complete...

No, that's not what I was trying to say.

I don't have any excuses for Skyy at this point. Though I did think he would be at least somewhat improved over last season.

But the facts are clear: he ran a lot of those little flat outlet routes last night. not saying Pat should've thrown to him, or even that he was open. He probably was on some of them, but who cares about a minimal gain? Just that he did run them. And that being the case, he automatically would be just about the last option on any of those particular snaps, no?
[Reply]
HC_Chief 04:17 PM 09-08-2023
"Well he can beat the zone"...

[Reply]
RealSNR 04:20 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I don't know if any of these are excuses, necessarily? I'm not some dorky fan who grinds all-22 video, so if his lack of targets (and just not executing when he does get the rare look) is because he's getting smothered and he's just not good enough to do anything about it, then yeah... flame away. If it's because he's getting open but not getting targeted, that's a slightly different situation. He's still not out of the clear yet, because he's not exactly playing with fucking Tyler Palko out there, but at least there might be some hope that he still has a path to improvement he can take.

I gave him a long leash last year, and while I wasn't expecting miracles, I was hoping to see some timely Juju-esque catches. He was pretty fucking disappointing.

I'm still keeping an open mind before writing him off entirely as a bust, but at this point the fat lady ain't just warming up. She's on stage, the pianist is playing her intro, and her big entrance is in two bars.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:25 PM 09-08-2023
I was one of the few that wanted us to draft Moore (but I also wanted Pickens) and thought last night would be a glimpse of what he would be, going forward. A coming out party.

I saw a kid in college learning the position (Rb in hs) and having change of direction snd shiftiness to be one of the absolute best slot guys in football. A kid with elite quality catching ability. Ran crisp routes, and had a stuffed step that shook most defenders.

Thus far, Skyy hasn’t shown us any of that, albeit that Chargers game. Even that was just a flash. He’s had focus drops and fumbles…he’s rounded off routes, he’s ran routes at the wrong depth, he hasn’t made the correct adjustments to coverages to get open.

I still think the kid will pull it together this year and produce for us at crucial times, but the seed of doubt has absolutely been planted.

In miracle grow soil.

I haven’t missed this bad on a prospect since I talked about Stanzi as a guy we should look at at the end of the 2nd round till mid third.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:27 PM 09-08-2023
Skyy had an excellent game against the Rams, too.

But it's clear he's been given an opportunity to be the #2 this year and so far...no bueno.

How many games until he loses 90% of his snaps to Richie James? Because we KNOW he can play in the NFL.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:29 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Skyy had an excellent game against the Rams, too.

5 catches for 36 yards is excellent?

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:30 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

The kindergarteners fingerpainting scale has been in full effect for Moore since we got him.

The parallels between the CP treatment of Moore and Clark are pretty impressive, really.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:31 PM 09-08-2023
Richie James looked slow.

And the way he literally stands still with the ball on punts makes me want to punch him like when Demarcus would run backwards.

I honestly think the whole team was distracted by the situations with Kelce and Jones.

We blow out the lions with those guys in the lineup.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:32 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Richie James looked slow.

And the way he literally stands still with the ball on punts makes me want to punch him like when Demarcus would run backwards.

I honestly think the whole team was distracted by the situations with Kelce and Jones.

We blow out the lions with those guys in the lineup.
Yeah, James was the one that disappointed me the most (Non-Toney division).

James is the guy I thought could really step up and be the chain-mover we need in the event Moore doesn't break out. And man, he did not look the part last night.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:32 PM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

He did flash potential in that game…
[Reply]
Page 204 of 280
« First < 104154194200201202203204 205206207208214254 > Last »
Up