View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 203 of 343
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213253303 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 05:43 AM 10-11-2022
We should do another poll and place it right below old one , just for kicks! Ha
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:00 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I thought he played better as the game went on
He definitely did, but that said I still don't want him back next year at any price
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:15 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He definitely did, but that said I still don't want him back next year at any price
He did get better as the game went on.

What are you willing to give up to get another LT? Bunch of draft picks? You are well aware of what are GM can do with draft picks.

Then your going to pay whoever we traded for if we go that route. Now we are not resigning someone else on the OL, Sneed etc. in the next couple of years.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:27 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

What are you willing to give up to get another LT? Bunch of draft picks? You are well aware of what are GM can do with draft picks.

Then your going to pay whoever we traded for if we go that route. Now we are not resigning someone else on the OL, Sneed etc. in the next couple of years.
I'm open to any scenario that nets us a better pass blocking LT, and trust that BV will get it done
[Reply]
TEX 06:27 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
We should do another poll and place it right below old one , just for kicks! Ha
Would be interesting...I'd vote "No" the same as I did on the 1st one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:48 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Getting another LT in FA or the draft is easy and it doesn't even require big money or multiple picks.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:50 AM 10-11-2022
He got better as the game went on. He had a hold on Kelce's 4th TD that didn't get called.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:09 AM 10-11-2022
I'm starting to think Brown is the sort of player who's decent if unspectacular for long stretches of a game, but people are so focused on him that the couple of bad reps will paint a picture that is less favorable to him than the truth is.

I'm not saying we should sign him and especially not for elite money, but we see sometimes a hate culture develop around a player where people are looking for things that are bad and don't see anything good or even decent once that shift happens.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:10 AM 10-11-2022

Kansas City, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

— Orlando Brown Jr. (@ZEUS__57) October 11, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 07:10 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I'm starting to think Brown is the sort of player who's decent if unspectacular for long stretches of a game, but people are so focused on him that the couple of bad reps will paint a picture that is less favorable to him than the truth is.

I'm not saying we should sign him and especially not for elite money, but we see sometimes a hate culture develop around a player where people are looking for things that are bad and don't see anything good or even decent once that shift happens.
He's definitely a victim of a very, very bright spotlight right now.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:18 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's definitely a victim of a very, very bright spotlight right now.
He's been getting called out on national TV too (rightly so). That doesn't help.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:19 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
He's been getting called out on national TV too (rightly so). That doesn't help.
To be fair, he does want to be the highest-paid LT in the league. He brought a lot of this on himself.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:53 AM 10-11-2022
It's funny to read back through the last few pages of this thread with a few people saying we should have done with this, we should have done that. Arm chair GM's with 20/20 hindsight at their disposal. Do people even remember that Brown was a backup plan (and, admittedly, a good one at the time) that only came to fruition because the Chiefs failed to land Silverback?

I mean, Veach literally went all in (money wise) to get Trent Williams, the best LT in the game. But he ultimately chose to stay in S.F. It is what it is. You can't force a guy to accept your offer. They had to pivot at that point and so they did. And Brown WAS the best option available at the time. Trading for him at the cost they got him for was better than giving up 2 drafts worth of high picks to trade up for whatever guy Armchair Joe GM felt was the guy to target.

And all the Slater talk on here. 1. He wasn't likely within reach, even with a trade up. 2. Maybe he's now a brokedick too (out for the whole season)? Or maybe it's just because he landed with the Chargers. Either way, he done for the year and wouldn't be a whole lot of help for our OT woes right now.
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:55 AM 10-11-2022
My position is the same. OBJ is too slow to be a LT. He's not the answer.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:57 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To be fair, he does want to be the highest-paid LT in the league. He brought a lot of this on himself.
He's probably just.. fine. He's a league-average LT. If he didn't have delusions of grandeur and simply wanted to be paid fair market, few people would have a problem with him or his play. But since his demands are outsized, people really, really want to say he sucks.
[Reply]
Page 203 of 343
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213253303 > Last »
Up