ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 203 of 258
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:05 PM 03-25-2023
UPDATE: ARZ's GM is on CRACK!
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:06 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I believe it was around $130 million guaranteed. He definitely should have taken it
Yep. Definitely should've taken the deal. It seemed like he got hung up on what Watson/Wilson got and just doesn't understand that the rest of the owners will not give anyone a deal like that. He thinks it's an option, when it really isn't. Two teams lost their collective minds and gave a QB the moon, but no other team is willing to handcuff their franchise like that, simple as that. BAL's offer was more than generous and no one is going to offer him even that.

He fucked himself.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:07 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yep. Definitely should've taken the deal. It seemed like he got hung up on what Watson/Wilson got and just doesn't understand that the rest of the owners will not give anyone a deal like that. He thinks it's an option, when it really isn't. Two teams lost their collective minds and gave a QB the moon, but no other team is willing to handcuff their franchise like that, simple as that. BAL's offer was more than generous and no one is going to offer him even that.

He ****ed himself.
Yes sir, that he did.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:10 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Yes sir, that he did.
Now it's just waiting to see what he does end up taking, so we can all just laugh our asses off when it turns out he took 50% or less of BAL's offer.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:21 PM 03-25-2023
I sure all the listed teams attached to Zek Elliott are legit!
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:55 PM 03-25-2023
Lamar Jackson is the dumbest motherfucker ever. Turned down a deal that was way more than he should have gotten and then the idiot gets hurt again and probably won't even get that first deal now.

These "analysts" on social media and TV can't seem to fathom how he's not getting what he wants. Fucking idiots act clueless about why the Ravens are caving to his demands or why another team hasn't given him an offer. Fucking idiots can't seem to grasp the fact that the dude is an average at best QB and that, yes, he's a great athlete, but QBs that run more than they pass always get hurt.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:51 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lamar Jackson is the dumbest motherfucker ever. Turned down a deal that was way more than he should have gotten and then the idiot gets hurt again and probably won't even get that first deal now.

These "analysts" on social media and TV can't seem to fathom how he's not getting what he wants. Fucking idiots act clueless about why the Ravens are caving to his demands or why another team hasn't given him an offer. Fucking idiots can't seem to grasp the fact that the dude is an average at best QB and that, yes, he's a great athlete, but QBs that run more than they pass always get hurt.
I've seen plenty of takes using the race angle as to why...."when Burrow gets that contract...etc"
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:08 PM 03-25-2023
Orlando did similar. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:09 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but at first the problem (big part of it anyway) was that Lamar wanted his deal to be 100% guaranteed, and BAL didn't want to do that, because who would?

Now he's saying he doesn't need the whole thing guaranteed, but he wants 5-6 years and how much he wants guaranteed is still to high?

And didn't BAL originally offer over $200M and like over 50% guaranteed?
Who is to say that offer isn’t still on the table?

And who is to say that if a team didn’t have to give up 2 first round picks that he wouldn’t already have gotten a massive deal with 200mm+ guaranteed?

The owners don’t want to set a precedent of guaranteed deals and he’s finding that out. That’s pretty much all we’ve learned from the process thus far.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:25 PM 03-25-2023
Bobby Wagner returns to SEA on a one-year $7M deal
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:18 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Who is to say that offer isn’t still on the table?

And who is to say that if a team didn’t have to give up 2 first round picks that he wouldn’t already have gotten a massive deal with 200mm+ guaranteed?

The owners don’t want to set a precedent of guaranteed deals and he’s finding that out. That’s pretty much all we’ve learned from the process thus far.
Jackson caught lightning in a bottle in '19, winning the MVP, in large part to his running ability. The last 3 years he's been a 92.5 rated QB that hasn't reached 3K yards passing or 30 tds in a season. That's average and he's not good in the playoffs. Now he's coming off 2 straight years of leg injuries. What owner in their right mind is going to pay him elite money, mostly guaranteed?

It would have to take a dumb one to do that, at this point. I could see 5 for 250M with 100M guaranteed and a 50M signing bonus but i'd still be really worried about that length of contract.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:26 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I've seen plenty of takes using the race angle as to why...."when Burrow gets that contract...etc"
Sad that they are using the race angle considering that Watson who is black has the largest guaranteed contract of all time. I guess when you ignore that Jackson is not worth that (nor is any QB outside of Mahomes for that matter), all you have left is to pull the race card.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:54 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Jackson caught lightning in a bottle in '19, winning the MVP, in large part to his running ability. The last 3 years he's been a 92.5 rated QB that hasn't reached 3K yards passing or 30 tds in a season. That's average and he's not good in the playoffs. Now he's coming off 2 straight years of leg injuries. What owner in their right mind is going to pay him elite money, mostly guaranteed?

It would have to take a dumb one to do that, at this point. I could see 5 for 250M with 100M guaranteed and a 50M signing bonus but i'd still be really worried about that length of contract.
If you look at his MVP season he had games with like 4-5 TD passes and like 200 yards. Harbaugh did everything he could to pad Jackson’s stats.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:57 PM 03-25-2023
Amazing how much Seattle has made a quick rebound due to the Russ trade. They added some really nice moves and have 3 top 50 picks including pick 5.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:49 PM 03-25-2023
I have sadly heard on the radio "It's because of how he talks & wears his hair." -Randy Moss I think
[Reply]
Page 203 of 258
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213253 > Last »
Up