ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 202 of 258
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:44 AM 03-25-2023
And the other problem is they seem to think that demanding the same AAV in guaranteed money as dudes on non-guaranteed deals is reasonable.

It's an asinine complaint.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:46 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Brady takes discount deals for a decade and these guys don't say shit. Tell me this isn't all sour grapes...
In the contrary, he was heralded for it.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:07 PM 03-25-2023
3 years ago- chiefs will never win giving Mahomes a contract that big.

Today- Mahomes contract is too good of a deal and is ****ing over lower tier qbs.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:13 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:

Today- Mahomes co tract is too good of a deal and is fucking over lower tier qbs.
Yes. This is how media works.

See, the thing is to constantly take the position that something bad is happening and someone is a victim.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:13 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
If Mahomes and Allen had demanded fully guaranteed contracts, Jackson would have gotten paid / Sherman

https://sports.yahoo.com/richard-she...213950021.html
If Lamar was more than a glorified RB and he treated his contract negotiations with a sense of professional urgency by using an experienced agent from the start he would have gotten paid.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:14 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
If Lamar was more than a glorified RB and he treated his contract negotiations with a sense of professional urgency by using an experienced agent from the start he would have gotten paid.
It didn't work for Brown or for Jackson.

But it's Mahomes fault for both, I'm sure...
[Reply]
tredadda 12:20 PM 03-25-2023
It looks like he’s trying to use public sentiment to his advantage as if that will work. Make the Ravens and other owners look bad for not giving into his ridiculous demands. He could have already signed a life changing contract, but instead demands more than he is worth. Still would have liked to see what other teams offered him without the tag attached to him ala Brown Jr.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:26 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:

Today- Mahomes co tract is too good of a deal and is ****ing over lower tier qbs.
If we win another SB this year the rhetoric will get even worse.

They will say that Mahomes is really cheating the cap because he is earning so much $$$$ from endorsements that he is taking less than he "should".

Pro Football Talk already has explored this avenue.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:29 PM 03-25-2023
Richard Sherman is a bitch. I can't stand the guy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:36 PM 03-25-2023
I feel like OBJ and Lamar got a few agents paid the last year or two.

Tunsil did alright for himself and that OL for the Seahawks a few years back did okay. But man, going without an agent is just a lousy idea.

These guys KNOW shit. They aren't out there looking to screw you - you're how they get paid. And while OBJ literally treated prior relationships like a bad thing, they're hugely important when you're trying to get these discussions started.

This is the single most critical financial transaction these guys will EVER enter into. And they're gonna fly blind?

I just don't get it.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:36 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If we win another SB this year the rhetoric will get even worse.

They will say that Mahomes is really cheating the cap because he is earning so much $$$$ from endorsements that he is taking less than he "should".

Pro Football Talk already has explored this avenue.
I guess we should put it on the schedule then :-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:38 PM 03-25-2023
Exactly, and now he may not ever get the monster deal he wants.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:45 PM 03-25-2023
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but at first the problem (big part of it anyway) was that Lamar wanted his deal to be 100% guaranteed, and BAL didn't want to do that, because who would?

Now he's saying he doesn't need the whole thing guaranteed, but he wants 5-6 years and how much he wants guaranteed is still to high?

And didn't BAL originally offer over $200M and like over 50% guaranteed?
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:47 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
In the contrary, he was heralded for it.
And was paid under the table for his side hustle with his conman business partner.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:01 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but at first the problem (big part of it anyway) was that Lamar wanted his deal to be 100% guaranteed, and BAL didn't want to do that, because who would?

Now he's saying he doesn't need the whole thing guaranteed, but he wants 5-6 years and how much he wants guaranteed is still to high?

And didn't BAL originally offer over $200M and like over 50% guaranteed?
I believe it was around $130 million guaranteed. He definitely should have taken it
[Reply]
Page 202 of 258
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252 > Last »
Up