View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 202 of 343
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:33 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yup, our 1 and Bolton pick weren't getting us to Slater.

Should we have traded our 1 and then the Bolton and Creed picks?
Yes, considering LT is 100x more important than either of those positions. Off-ball lineback and Center are two of the least impactful positions on a team.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 PM 10-10-2022
We've seen for ourselves this season that Creed Humphrey being a BAMF means fuck all if Brown and Wylie can't do their jobs.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:35 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'd go 1, 2, and next year's 1, especially if they knew a Hill trade was inevitable. Slater was an All Pro at the 2nd most important position his rookie year. Worth it.
Well, that's stupid.

In what world did you know at the time that a Hill trade was inevitable? And did you know then that Slater was an All Pro?

What a ridiculous ex post take on the situation. You need to return to reality before you have these opinions.
[Reply]
O.city 10:36 PM 10-10-2022
I thought he played better as the game went on
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:36 PM 10-10-2022
Well, that's stupid.

In what world did you know at the time that a Hill trade was inevitable? And did you know then that Slater was an All Pro?

What a ridiculous ex post take on the situation. You need to return to reality before you have these opinions.
Uhh, you can go back and read before the draft last year. I was pounding the table for Slater well before we knew just how good he was at the NFL level. Said even then I'd give up multiple firsts for him. And did we as fans know a Hill trade was inevitable? No, but I'm guessing that was starting to become at least a distinct possibility for Veach and Co.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:38 PM 10-10-2022
Uhh, you can go back and read before the draft last year. I was pounding the table for Slater well before we knew just how good he was at the NFL level. Said even then I'd give up multiple firsts for him.
Find those posts and share them, please.

And if we have Slater - who of course is now injured and out for the rest of the year (injury risk!?) - what would that mean for the rest of the line without Creed and how would our LBers look without Bolton?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:40 PM 10-10-2022
Well, that's stupid.

Slater was probably my favorite tackle prospect in YEARS, but you still don't KNOW he's going to be that good until he actually does it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:42 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Slater was probably my favorite tackle prospect in YEARS, but you still don't KNOW he's going to be that good until he actually does it.
Totally. I fully remember lots of people wanted to get Slater. But acting like it was an obvious thing to find a way to trade up to 13 because we all knew he would be worth better than 13 and because we'd trade Hill the next offseason is just an entire flight of fancy.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:01 PM 10-10-2022
Find those posts and share them, please.

And if we have Slater - who of course is now injured and out for the rest of the year (injury risk!?) - what would that mean for the rest of the line without Creed and how would our LBers look without Bolton?
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336980

Starts about post 1350 methinks. All the way through to the draft. So about 2 months worth of pounding the table.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:03 PM 10-10-2022
:-) We threw a first and second at Seattle for Frank fucking Clark. I'm more than comfortable giving that up to move up and grab a guy like Slater. I think he's an absolutely perfect fit for this offense and a decade plus starter for us. But we can agree to disagree here.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:04 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Veach did the right thing not paying him an adjusted contract. Brown really messed up not accepting that deal
I hope that deal is no longer on the table at this point. It's way too much money for the guy to struggle at the most important part of his job.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:08 PM 10-10-2022
That’s a 1 and a 2.

A 1 and a 2 weren’t getting us to 13. Not even close.

So again, when did you say you’d be willing to give up a 1 and 2 2’s which is probably at a minimum what it would’ve taken?

And in hindsight, given the value we got with those 2’s, would it have even made sense?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:10 PM 10-10-2022
That’s a 1 and a 2.

So again, when did you say you’d be willing to give up a 1 and 2 2’s which is probably at a minimum what it would’ve taken?

And in hindsight, given the value we got with those 2’s, would it have even made sense?
He's also making the assumption that there was a team willing to move all the way down to 31.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:19 PM 10-10-2022
That’s a 1 and a 2.

Just for the record, that was a direct response to this post.

Neither of them last past 14 in any of the mocks I've seen.

Sorry man, we're gonna have to agree to disagree. You've lost your mind over this.

There isn't an alternate universe anywhere where a LT is worth as much or more in draft capital as Patrick Mahomes.

So that's a 1, 3, and next year's 1.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:27 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
KC traded their first-round pick (31st overall), third-round pick (94th overall) and a fourth-round pick (136th overall), along with a 2022 fifth-round pick in exchange for Brown, a second-round pick in 2021 (58th overall) and a sixth-round pick in 2022.

Love Bolton, but a franchise left tackle is infinitely more important. I would have traded up for Darrisaw or gotten more aggressive and traded up as far as possible for Slater. Now that OBJ clearly isn't the long term answer KC is going to have to trade up in the draft to get their LT where they should have gone in the first place. They'll likely have ended up sending 3-4 first round dicks plus others when you combine the picks given up for OBJ as well as the necessary picks needed for our next LT.
We traded them a 1 for OBJ, and swapped our 3 and 4 for a 2 and a 6. And we got someone who everyone here thought was quite promising at the time.

It was a good trade.
[Reply]
Page 202 of 343
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Up