ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 202 of 313
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
Skyy God 09:16 AM 08-13-2021
HB will be 30 when the 2022 season starts.

Bart has every reason to be cautious with his extension.

Not that it would go over well, but the safety tag is about $10.6M.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:26 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

We are going to fuck him over and cut him the year after he blows a knee or something. :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 09:55 AM 08-13-2021
Hopefully starters don't play past first drive.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:55 AM 08-13-2021

I don't think they can possibly try to tag him at that number, he would be absolutely livid. Obviously he won't play for that kind of money so they'd be better off just letting him walk and taking the 3rd round comp pick.

Honestly, if he ends up hitting the market he's as good as gone. The competition was already stiff when we first signed him and he's done nothing but increase his value. Even though he'll be 30 in 2022 there is some team out there that will throw the bank at him.

Such a tough call. You lose him and the swagger of this defense takes a huge blow.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:00 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
3. What’s your feeling on the linebacker rotation? Has rookie Nick Bolton adjusted well? — Paul W.

Some fans may be surprised by this, but Ben Niemann, the four-year veteran, has performed well in camp. Niemann has deflected passes and shown improved strength from last season. In the one-on-one drill between tight ends and running backs against linebackers and safeties Thursday, Niemann overwhelmed running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire in two repetitions.

I believe the Chiefs have four linebackers you can trust in Anthony Hitchens, Willie Gay, Bolton and Niemann.

Before Gay entered the league’s concussion protocol, he was having the best camp among the defensive players. In the past 10 days, Bolton has flashed several times, showing his athleticism, coverage skills and power when tackling. At some point this season, perhaps in late October, I think the Chiefs will want Hitchens, Gay and Bolton to play the majority of the snaps.

All of this leads to our next question …
hahahhahahhahahahhahahah

Nieman.

Typical good in practice guy. Sucks in games. Brings his lunchpail type of guy but when the lights come on his lack of athleticism clearly is apparent.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:18 AM 08-13-2021

It’s a business and the players know that.

Mahomes is the only player on the team that needs to be a “Chief for life”. Every other player is trade-able at a certain point for the right compensation.

At a certain point, you have to just respect what someone did (past tense) for the franchise and move on.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:20 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I don't think they can possibly try to tag him at that number, he would be absolutely livid. Obviously he won't play for that kind of money so they'd be better off just letting him walk and taking the 3rd round comp pick.

Honestly, if he ends up hitting the market he's as good as gone. The competition was already stiff when we first signed him and he's done nothing but increase his value. Even though he'll be 30 in 2022 there is some team out there that will throw the bank at him.

Such a tough call. You lose him and the swagger of this defense takes a huge blow.
You just have to trust Veach to find a replacement. Obviously, you’ll get worse at that position but you can use those resources to address several other positions.

We knew this when Mahomes signed his deal. You can’t pay everyone. Especially aging players.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:21 AM 08-13-2021

I’ve long lamented their lack of investment at cornerback but they clearly have found a way to get by without high picks there. However, I’m concerned about safety going forward. HB and Sorensen both free agents after this year. Thornhill has been silent in camp and injured, it’s time for him to put up or shut up. They don’t have much in the way of long term solutions there unless maybe Key continues to impress.
[Reply]
old_geezer 10:24 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Hopefully starters don't play past first drive.
Don't really care about the rest of the starters but I would like to see our offensive line go at least the first quarter. They need some game time experience together IMO.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:55 AM 08-13-2021

Sounds like Jamal Adams may be available next year. That could be a younger version of HB that Veach could throw the money at...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:05 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
However, I’m concerned about safety going forward. HB and Sorensen both free agents after this year. Thornhill has been silent in camp and injured, it’s time for him to put up or shut up. They don’t have much in the way of long term solutions there unless maybe Key continues to impress.
All the reporters and podcasters that know their shit all have the same opinion..... Thornhill has looked great in camp. He was a beast in 2019. He got hurt. When fully healthy last year he looked great. He is where he is supposed to be in the schemes.

So why isnt he starting over Sorenson? No one knows of a legitimate reason. The consensus is that Spags just likes Sorenson so much, he'd take less talent on the field to play him. Has to be something there. Some kind of conflict with Spags at some point. Stuff thats never made it out of the locker room.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:15 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
All the reporters and podcasters that know their shit all have the same opinion..... Thornhill has looked great in camp. He was a beast in 2019. He got hurt. When fully healthy last year he looked great. He is where he is supposed to be in the schemes.

So why isnt he starting over Sorenson? No one knows of a legitimate reason. The consensus is that Spags just likes Sorenson so much, he'd take less talent on the field to play him. Has to be something there. Some kind of conflict with Spags at some point. Stuff thats never made it out of the locker room.
:-)

Made up drama.

The answer is likely as simple as Thornhill simply not being as a consistent as Sorenson. Could also be that Sorenson is simply a better communicator, something Thornhill has expressed that he needs to work on.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:17 AM 08-13-2021
I thought that the agreement to add the 17th game included adding roster spots. But I keep hearing 53 man roster, so I guess that I was mistaken. Too bad. I think that we have between 55-60 guys that deserve to make the roster this year. I just hope that Veach is able to trade a couple of them instead of just let them walk.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:20 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Made up drama.

The answer is likely as simple as Thornhill simply not being as a consistent as Sorenson. Could also be that Sorenson is simply a better communicator, something Thornhill has expressed that he needs to work on.
Also, “starting” isn’t really that important in the secondary. Snap counts matter much more.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:26 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Every time i read the name Jody i think of that damn movie "Baby Boy".

JOOOOODY
Classic movie.

I watched it a few weeks ago after years and it's pretty bad but still good.
[Reply]
Page 202 of 313
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Up