ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 86
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
Kiimo 04:11 PM 09-27-2021
I mean, we have two of those guys on the team already with Hughes and Baker
[Reply]
Mecca 04:11 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Really makes me wonder how their scouting reports on CJ Henderson read.

Because man - doesn't he just scream Spags DB?

Really surprised the Chiefs didn't come up with a deal around a 3rd and maybe LDT or something. He has a couple of fairly affordable years left on his deal. Sure the salary is guaranteed but I'd imagine, at worst, they could get him moved for a late round pick swap if it didn't work out.

A 3rd rounder for a guy with Henderson's potential and some long-term team control seems like a pretty easy decision.

Chiefs must not like him because that's right up Veach's alley.
Supposedly he has mental health issues which is why the jags soured on him.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:12 PM 09-27-2021
Why the hell, not? Really nothing to lose here and with the crap I've seen from anyone not named Hill, it's worth rolling the dice.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:12 PM 09-27-2021

Really surprised the Chiefs didn't come up with a deal around a 3rd and maybe LDT or something. He has a couple of fairly affordable years left on his deal. Sure the salary is guaranteed but I'd imagine, at worst, they could get him moved for a late round pick swap if it didn't work out.

A 3rd rounder for a guy with Henderson's potential and some long-term team control seems like a pretty easy decision.

We may have tried. The Jags are stupid so I wouldn’t put it past them to think they were competing with us and wanted him out of the AFC.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 04:12 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Mahomes and the Misfits!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:13 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah, addicts are all lost causes. They never turn their lives around.

:-)
Yeah I like Tex, but that statement was asinine. Not only myself has struggled with addiction in the past and overcome it. I’ve helped family friends who have relapsed many times, and in both cases they finally got their shit together and hold down jobs, and raise their families. Addiction is a mother fucker, but there’s millions of cases where it was overcome. Let’s hope this is the right place/right time for him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:14 PM 09-27-2021

I think it's simply not wanting to give up draft capital at this point in the team's progression. The time to do that is now over; we need to draft and develop our own.

a move like Gordon costs nothing and could reap huge benefits. It's a lot like the Baker and Hughes moves.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:14 PM 09-27-2021
They are signing him to the practice squad until he is ready to play.

Originally Posted by :
Former All-Pro wide receiver Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, will sign with the Kansas City Chiefs. Gordon will be added to their practice squad, a source told The Athletic, and will be elevated to the active roster once his conditioning and understanding of the Chiefs' playbook is up to speed, which could take a couple of weeks.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:15 PM 09-27-2021
But Hughes is on a 1-yr deal and Ward is likely gone next season as well.

It's less for 2021 and more for 2022/23.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:16 PM 09-27-2021
I think it's simply not wanting to give up draft capital at this point in the team's progression for expensive vets. The time to do that is now over; we need to draft and develop our own.

a move like Gordon costs nothing and could reap huge benefits. It's a lot like the Baker and Hughes moves.
A guy who was picked 9tu being traded for a 3 the next year is a good deal for the Chiefs. The Chiefs will never have a chance to draft a top 10 CB while Mahomes plays.
[Reply]
TLO 04:16 PM 09-27-2021
Is he vaccinated?

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:16 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Supposedly he has mental health issues which is why the jags soured on him.
well and they probably want a higher pick still for him since he's so young.

I'd pass too.

Now for a 6th? Sure.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:17 PM 09-27-2021
Those guys were picked at the end of 1 guys going 27ty or 30 is way different than 9.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:18 PM 09-27-2021
well and they probably want a higher pick still for him since he's so young.

I'd pass too.

Now for a 6th? Sure.
Panthers are 3-0 right now, though - and look a little frisky. They also included a 5th rounder.

So if the Chiefs don't request the 5th rounder in return, that helps close the gap. The remainder could be covered with a better player in the package than Dan Arnold. I would think LDT would qualify.

But as has been said - this is in Veach's wheelhouse, so if they didn't do it, there's a reason. If it's the mental health thing or just basic scheme fit stuff, I can live with that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:19 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
A guy who was picked 9tu being traded for a 3 the next year is a good deal for the Chiefs. The Chiefs will never have a chance to draft a top 10 CB while Mahomes plays.
Well, it depends, doesn't it?

What's wrong with him, what are the chances you can get him right, and what is that risk worth?

Maybe you can sign him off the street in the offseason if he flames out again.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 86
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up