ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 22
« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
stevieray 06:55 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We dressed up for family parties and dinners. But to go to a basketball or baseball game. Well let's just say this, my Dad took me to a lot of games before he re-married and to those it was jeans or shorts and tennis shoes.
Sounds like your mom had style!
[Reply]
vailpass 06:56 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Seriously. It seemed like a natural fit but then I felt like deleting it given the current climate.

Dang.
Don’t know why, it fit perfectly.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:56 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Sounds like your mom had style!
Yeah, no. She was my Step Mom and she wanted everyone to think we had more money than what we did.

We stuck out like a sore thumb at that basketball game. She thought we were going to a prize fight or something where they still dressed up and what not.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:58 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, no. She was my Step Mom and she wanted everyone to think we had more money than what we did.

We stuck out like a sore thumb at that basketball game. She thought we were going to a prize fight or something where they still dressed up and what not.
not talking about her motive, that's none of my business.

'cuz every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man'
[Reply]
eDave 07:18 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
'cuz every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man'
As is the sharp dressed man.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:32 PM 08-01-2021
I was raised to take my hat off and my grandma would also yank it off my head. That helped alot when I joined the Marines. I don’t wear hats much anymore but on cold days if I am wearing my beanie I always take it off if I am eating out. It is just second nature.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:36 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's one piece of advice I always give new WAH people. Make sure you get dressed for work.
Fuck that. Not having to dress up is one if the great perks of working from home.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:42 PM 08-01-2021
It's one piece of advice I always give new WAH people. Make sure you get dressed for work.
I did this for awhile and once I realized I can just sleep in till about 3 minutes before my work day starts, I kinda just stopped.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:47 PM 08-01-2021
I get why people get dressed in work attire for working from home, at least in terms of a routine and separating the home office from being home... but, I work in shorts or pajama pants and will typically wear a plain t-shirt for days that I might have to be on video.

A small part of that is I'll also workout at home, so it would be kind of dumb to get dressed for the home office just to change into workout clothes and back..... granted, I don't workout everyday and never dress in work attire.
[Reply]
eDave 07:51 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Fuck that. Not having to dress up is one if the great perks of working from home.
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I did this for awhile and once I realized I can just sleep in till about 3 minutes before my work day starts, I kinda just stopped.
Yup. It's a real slippery slope.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:53 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
will typically wear a plain t-shirt for days that I might have to be on video.
look at this amateur

I keep a pile of tuxedo t-shirts and top hats near by for such a grand occasion
[Reply]
eDave 07:56 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
look at this amateur

I keep a pile of tuxedo t-shirts and top hats near by for such a grand occasion
Had a Manager once tell us all to turn on our cameras. You could hear the scurying. Manager was just fucking with everyone. I grabbed my gorilla mask.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:57 PM 08-01-2021
Had a Manager once tell us all to turn on our cameras. You could hear the scurying. Manager was just fucking with everyone. I grabbed my gorilla mask.
:-)

We're only required to use them for conference calls with vendors or clients. Since I am a cave dwelling admin, that hardly ever applies to me.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:11 PM 08-01-2021
Yup. It's a real slippery slope.
I do keep my main routine for the most part. I get up about the same time and make sure all our systems are up and working, make my coffee and settle in before everyone starts logging in. But I just don't have to dress up or even shower :-)

If I have meeting where cameras have to be on I just throw on a nice shirt over my tshirt and once cameras go off so does the shirt. Love it.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:21 PM 08-01-2021
Taking your hat off for dinner was absolute in my grandfather's house, so it has pretty well stuck. If you leave your hat on for dinner in my house or at my table while out, expect something to be said. Otherwise, I don't really care what's going on outside of that since it's really not my business.

Church, funerals, and paying respects at a gravesite are my other no-hat zones.

It's not that it has some higher function other than just respect. I go into all these situations knowing full well that many these days don't grow up learning any of it. You know, simple things like opening doors for ladies and the like.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 22
« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Up