ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 79
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs release Fisher
Dante84 08:48 AM 03-11-2021

Chiefs released former No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 10:16 AM 03-11-2021
Williams is a bit older than I'd like to go throwing big money at. I know age is just a number, but I'm a bit meh there.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:16 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
No cuts needed.

Extend Mathieu (add three years, make the new deal something in the neighborhood of Budda Baker's deal with big roster bonuses/base salaries in years 3 and 4)

Restructure Mahomes' 21 roster bonus (21M)

Restructure part or all of Jones' 21 roster bonus (20M)

Restructure Kelce 21 roster bonus and base (10M)

And the Chiefs can get up to $45M under the 21 cap. They're kicking the can, but they're kicking it on core players. Those roster bonuses were smart moves by Veach and co. ... give KC a LOT of flexibility in moving money into future years from the 21 cap hell due to COVID.

Even holding back $$ for their draft pool, the Chiefs are going to have the $$ to play in the FA pool.
Cool. Mahomes deserves, and fans of football as well, to have an OL that can actually protect him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:16 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If I had to venture a guess, I would say it's a starting LT and a backup swing tackle or guard in free agency. Then a starting center and developmental swing guy later like in the 4th.
Yep.

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Sign Trent Williams, OT
Sign Jermaine Eluemunor, OG
Draft Josh Myers, OC
Draft Jaylon Moore or James Hudson to be your swing tackle and then take over for Williams after a couple of years.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:17 AM 03-11-2021
If I had to venture a guess, I would say it's a starting LT and a backup swing tackle or guard in free agency. Then a starting center and developmental swing guy later like in the 4th.
Little and Meinerz please.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:17 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
Creed Humphrey should still be there in that range.
Wouldn't count on it. Right now if I had to prognosticate, I'd say he goes around pick 45.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:17 AM 03-11-2021
There's no way they cut both tackles today if the plan is to go with the draft.

They're bringing in a starting lineman (or two) in the next few days I'd bet.
Agree.

To me, this has to mean they either are close on a trade or confident they can address LT via free agency.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:17 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Meinerz or Myers.
Little or Hudson.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:19 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Cool. Mahomes deserves, and fans of football as well, to have an OL that can actually protect him.
Where is Patrick? Is he safe? Is he alright?

It seems, in your thriftiness, you killed him.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:19 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
No cuts needed.

Extend Mathieu (add three years, make the new deal something in the neighborhood of Budda Baker's deal with big roster bonuses/base salaries in years 3 and 4)

Restructure Mahomes' 21 roster bonus (21M)

Restructure part or all of Jones' 21 roster bonus (20M)

Restructure Kelce 21 roster bonus and base (10M)

And the Chiefs can get up to $45M under the 21 cap. They're kicking the can, but they're kicking it on core players. Those roster bonuses were smart moves by Veach and co. ... give KC a LOT of flexibility in moving money into future years from the 21 cap hell due to COVID.

Even holding back $$ for their draft pool, the Chiefs are going to have the $$ to play in the FA pool.
I’d also like to extend Hill if possible.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:20 AM 03-11-2021
A big NO to Jason Peters as any type of viable LT option (other than if he is willing to sign at the veteran's minimum and come in strictly for depth).
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:20 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Those guys are both probably 2nd round picks. They're probably mutually exclusive unless you're going to take them at 31 and 63.

If they sign a couple of starters in free agency, I wouldn't be for that at all.
[Reply]
MGRS13 10:20 AM 03-11-2021
I really hope no one is bitching this year when the chiefs draft fat guys. I’d be ok with a draft if the first five rounds they didn’t draft anyone who weighed less then 260.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:21 AM 03-11-2021
I wouldn't put it past Veach to figure out how to land a marquee LT and pay him LT money.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:21 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
A big NO to Jason Peters as any type of viable LT option (other than if he is willing to sign at the veteran's minimum and come in strictly for depth).
Peters was never discussed as anything more than a stop gap if Fisher were to come back.

Since Fisher is out, Peters is simply no longer an option. We don't need a stop-gap, we need a starter.
[Reply]
TNTEICHER 10:21 AM 03-11-2021
****. I knew this needed to be done, I didn't think they would have have the balls to do with with Andy as coach.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 79
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up