« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Browns sign Kareem Hunt
wazu 12:59 PM 02-11-2019

Statement from GM John Dorsey: pic.twitter.com/TUgoBalvkg

— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) February 11, 2019

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:15 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Can you play RB in the NFL...that seems to be a requirement.
If they want to sign me, I'll do anything they want.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:18 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by baitism:
Don't give a shit about the media. I want a Super Bowl win.
I don’t give a shit what the media thinks either.

But the truth is it would’ve been a PR nightmare that would still be going on. It would’ve been a huge distraction and with Pat right now that’s the last thing we want.

Some of you are seriously underestimating how ugly this could’ve gotten. Why do you underestimate the power of outrage?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:23 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
With all that said they might be growing into their own at the exact right time when the Steelers are soon to lose Big Ben, and the Ravens seem to be going ahead with their young QB, which if it fails, will obviously set them back. Oh, and Bengals still have the mediocre ginger at QB.
The NFL is going to be helping the Browns as much as possible next season.

A Mahomes-Mayfield rivalry would be a huge draw and would be the next Manning-Brady.

Throw in a pair of long-suffering fanbases and you have great storylines.
[Reply]
TEX 04:25 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t give a shit what the media thinks either.

But the truth is it would’ve been a PR nightmare that would still be going on. It would’ve been a huge distraction and with Pat right now that’s the last thing we want.

Some of you are seriously underestimating how ugly this could’ve gotten. Why do you underestimate the power of outrage?
So, will the Browns now experience a PR nightmare?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:33 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
No because people are retarded and a lot of them will see this as him getting a second chance while the Chiefs wouldn’t have been allowed to do that themselves.

I’m not saying outrage culture is rational by any means.

And also, the Browns don’t also have a Tyreek Hill on the roster so those people could claim that they’re a team full of women beaters and the owner/HC/front office are domestic violence apologists.

You don’t cut Hunt, it’s just a matter of time before that becomes the narrative and a PR nightmare is born
[Reply]
DaFace 04:33 PM 02-11-2019
I'd imagine they will for a little bit. But much like Tyreek, the criticism will fade over time if Hunt performs on the field and otherwise keeps out of trouble.
[Reply]
TEX 04:47 PM 02-11-2019
No because people are retarded and a lot of them will see this as him getting a second chance while the Chiefs wouldn’t have been allowed to do that themselves.

I’m not saying outrage culture or rational by any means.

And also, the Browns don’t also have a Tyreek Hill in the roster so those people could claim that they’re a team full of women beaters and the owner/HC/front office are domestic violence apologists.

You don’t cut Hunt, it’s just a matter of time before that becomes the narrative and a PR nightmare is born
Gotcha. Just a terrible "Because Chiefs" situation.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:50 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
You keep posting the same comment. The chiefs should'nt give two f***s about what they media thinks. The pats dont, the rams dont. They got to a SB. Fans will still go to games, still pay Clark Hunt's ridiculous parking fee and still buy the $10 beers.
Who on those teams did they keep that committed domestic violence?

I have no problem with the Chiefs keeping a drug addict like Josh Gordon or a fucking asshole on the field like Suh if they were going all in trying to win, but domestic violence is some real shit.

Who has committed domestic violence and went on to a Super Bowl?

Aldon Smith? Reuben Foster? Greg Hardy? Ray Rice?

Here’s a list of domestic abusers in the nfl

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:52 PM 02-11-2019
Dorsey gonna have the Browns facing us in the AFCCG and I'm OK with that.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:10 PM 02-11-2019

I’m not saying outrage culture is rational by any means.

And also, the Browns don’t also have a Tyreek Hill on the roster so those people could claim that they’re a team full of women beaters and the owner/HC/front office are domestic violence apologists.

Jesus, all of this is simply playing out in your head.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:11 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Who on those teams did they keep that committed domestic violence?

I have no problem with the Chiefs keeping a drug addict like Josh Gordon or a ****ing asshole on the field like Suh if they were going all in trying to win, but domestic violence is some real shit.

Who has committed domestic violence and went on to a Super Bowl?

Aldon Smith? Reuben Foster? Greg Hardy? Ray Rice?

Here’s a list of domestic abusers in the nfl

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/
Hunt didn't commit domestic violence.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:13 PM 02-11-2019
NSFW

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 05:15 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
What, precisely, was his lie? What exactly did he say (so that we can determine magnitude)?
That he never left his room.
[Reply]
farmerchief 05:16 PM 02-11-2019
Chiefs should never have simply just dropped him! They should have suspended him indefinitely, and waited to see how things played out. They could have at least received a draft pick for him, if he was given the ok to resume his career by the league, IF they thought a PR nightmare was more than they wanted to indure. Now, they simply got "0" in return. What a waste.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:30 PM 02-11-2019
No. Because:

1. Hunt wasn't on the Browns when the incident occurred.
2. The Browns don't have a star WR who beat up his pregnant girlfriend before joining the the Browns just prior to Hunt's arrival prior to Hunt's incident.
3. The Browns haven't gone out of their way to use their credibility capital on any other players like Hill, Hunt, Foster, Rice, etc etc etc.
4. The Browns haven't had another domestic violence/murder-suicide in the last decade.

The Chiefs are guilty of all of the above. Hence, they have more reason to be eviscerated in the court of public opinion.

No Chiefs fan is happy about this. But accept the reality of the situation.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 51
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up