ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 61
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- How do you feel about Hardees?
Simply Red 11:42 AM 06-28-2016
How do you feel about Hardees?

Hot Ham and Cheese?

Breakfast?!

coupon here
[Reply]
Hoover 06:26 AM 07-01-2016
Hardee's breakfast is where its at! We will have two brand new Hardee's in my town by the end of the summer.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:53 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
That is quite a logo.

I can just imagine a city official commissioning something with a "Gloucester: Shining City on a Hill' theme, and ending up with a "Gloucester: Golden Turd on a Foot Stool" plaque
It is supposed to be a beehive. There are a lot of bees there and a lot of daffodils.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:40 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
Anybody remember back when the gave away those collectible glasses from different cartoons/movies/etc?

Yes! I wanted them so bad - never in today's world would they offer glass as a gift or purchasable item.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:40 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Hardee's gets my vote for the best fast food breakfast. I haven't had their burger in a few years, but the last time I had one I thought it was pretty good for fast food, but expensive. (I don't consider places like Red Robin and Five Guys to be in the same category).

Their monster biscuit is what I usually get, but their basic sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit is great too.
You can put 5 guy with the poverty burger category...pricier than the others though.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:17 AM 07-02-2016
So my review of the Breakfast Platter....

Hashbrowns are usually an afterthought, so it's usually something i consume right away to get rid of. Surprisingly they were quite tasty and had a perfect crisp.

The bacon was terrible. Rubbery, microwaved, and who knows how long it sat out before they plopped the sad limp thing in the box.

As bad as the bacon was, the eggs were even worse. Absolute rubbery flavor less garbage. Couldn't finish them. Turrible.

The sausage gravy was decent. Watery packet gravy caliber, but after the bacon and eggs abortion, it tasted full of flavor.

Finally the biscuit. Am guessing opening a pillsbury tube is "made from scratch" too then. Not seeing much of a taste difference. It was nicely browned though and had decent taste with the sausage gravy.

Overall for under 4 bucks it was an ok deal. Very filling, but my bowels are already paying for it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:20 AM 07-02-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:

Hashbrowns are usually an afterthought, so it's usually something i consume right away to get rid of. Surprisingly they were quite tasty and had a perfect crisp.

The bacon was terrible. Rubbery, microwaved, and who knows how long it sat out before they plopped the sad limp thing in the box.

As bad as the bacon was, the eggs were even worse. Absolute rubbery flavor less garbage. Couldn't finish them. Turrible.

The sausage gravy was decent. Watery packet gravy caliber, but after the bacon and eggs abortion, it tasted full of flavor.

Finally the biscuit. Am guessing opening a pillsbury tube is "made from scratch" too then. Not seeing much of a taste difference. It was nicely browned though and had decent taste with the sausage gravy.

Overall for under 4 bucks it was an ok deal. Very filling, but my bowels are already paying for it.

Yes - most of these places serve rubbery bacon - I'm not okay with that whatsoever - I've got the perfect system for cooking bacon.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:28 AM 07-02-2016
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Yes - most of these places serve rubbery bacon - I'm not okay with that whatsoever - I've got the perfect system for cooking bacon.
Absolutely. It's inexcusable. My final determination is it's McDs BK poverty level b fast. Will stck to the Sonic Toasters if I'm pinched for time.
[Reply]
srvy 12:16 PM 07-02-2016
Absolutely. It's inexcusable. My final determination is it's McDs BK poverty level b fast. Will stck to the Sonic Toasters if I'm pinched for time.
My problem with the toasters is if you go thru the drive thru its always a sogger only time you get toasted is drive up.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:21 PM 07-02-2016
This thread was very successful - released just after the Burger King Thinks Mac N' Cheetos Is Something You Might Eat thread (which had tremendous success! 'thanks listopencil!') I wanted to take time out to thank Listopencil for sparking up the CP food thread interests, as well as PGM for agreeing this Hardees thread was a good idea!

Just thank you all - I'm very flattered!!

[Reply]
Simply Red 12:28 PM 07-02-2016
shortcuts to other recent food-threads:

BK Cheetos discussion here.

$1 Steaks!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:40 PM 07-02-2016
So my review of the Breakfast Platter...

Overall for under 4 bucks it was an ok deal.
Thank you very much for this post. I'm not joking and I'm not being sarcastic. Posts like these remind me not to eat fast food, as it's most likely a "wasted" meal, not only in terms of too many calories but not enjoyable or satisfying.

I actually thought about hitting Carl's this morning to try the biscuits people have been raving about in this thread but instead, as usual, made breakfast at home. It's a weekend, I fell asleep early last night and didn't eat dinner, so breakfast was larger than usual:

4 eggs, over easy. $1.92 for 18 from Costco = .44 cents
4 slices of turkey bacon. $9.99 for 80 slices from Costco = .50 cents
1 oven toasted hash brown. $1.99 for 10 from TJ's = .20 cents
1 ripened and chilled avocado. .99 cents from Ralphs

Grand total: $2.12.

In case you're wondering, food bought in grocery stores, Target, Costco, etc. isn't taxed in California. I rarely eat hash browns (my wife buys them for the kids) but I was feeling it this morning since I didn't have dinner. Normally, I avoid potato chips, fries, hash browns, etc. due to the carb load. The avocado was a "special treat" to myself and I love them with eggs.
[Reply]
scho63 05:45 PM 07-02-2016
Every time I see this thread title it looks like "How do you feel about Handees"?

I gotta admit, I like a good Handee every once in a while, even in a Hardee's parking lot.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:08 PM 07-02-2016

Ironically, the one thing you liked is the one thing not made from scratch.

Bacon comes in wax paper lined pre-cut rows, sized to fit the grill/topsider. If it's crappy it's usually because it's undercooked. I always ask for crispy bacon.

Eggs are cracked and scrambled into a pitcher, 3 dozen to start the day, added by the dozen as needed. Pitcher sits on a cold spot near the grill. Usually when eggs turn out crappy on breakfast platters it's because the cook hasn't done many of them and usually makes eggs for biscuits. When you make them for biscuits, you ladle out the portion and let it sit until it firms up, then you fold it into quarters to fit on a biscuit. When you make them for a platter, you're supposed to take the spatula and continually agitate the eggs so they come out fluffier and not all in one piece like an omelette.

Biscuits are completely made from scratch each morning. Each store usually has one dedicated biscuit maker who does only that. Comes in an hour early, mixes the lard and buttermilk and solids. The whole nine. You probably got one that had been sitting around too long after coming out of the oven.

The gravy is a powder mix, augmented with a dozen sausage patties chopped up after cooking per gallon.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:13 PM 07-02-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
Every time I see this thread title it looks like "How do you feel about Handees"?

I gotta admit, I like a good Handee every once in a while, even in a Hardee's parking lot.
ME TOO!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:45 PM 07-02-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Ironically, the one thing you liked is the one thing not made from scratch.

Bacon comes in wax paper lined pre-cut rows, sized to fit the grill/topsider. If it's crappy it's usually because it's undercooked. I always ask for crispy bacon.

Eggs are cracked and scrambled into a pitcher, 3 dozen to start the day, added by the dozen as needed. Pitcher sits on a cold spot near the grill. Usually when eggs turn out crappy on breakfast platters it's because the cook hasn't done many of them and usually makes eggs for biscuits. When you make them for biscuits, you ladle out the portion and let it sit until it firms up, then you fold it into quarters to fit on a biscuit. When you make them for a platter, you're supposed to take the spatula and continually agitate the eggs so they come out fluffier and not all in one piece like an omelette.

Biscuits are completely made from scratch each morning. Each store usually has one dedicated biscuit maker who does only that. Comes in an hour early, mixes the lard and buttermilk and solids. The whole nine. You probably got one that had been sitting around too long after coming out of the oven.

The gravy is a powder mix, augmented with a dozen sausage patties chopped up after cooking per gallon.
Oh dang we've got a Hardees insider
[Reply]
Page 20 of 61
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up