ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 32
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Early AFCCG Forecast: High of 19°
pugsnotdrugs19 08:16 PM 01-12-2019
According to the far out forecast, the high next Sunday is 19° and the low is around 13°.

Personally, I think this would be great. We know that Mahomes can sling it in those conditions, he proved it last year at Denver and today to some degree. Idk about Brady and Rivers though, as they are older and their arms aren’t quite what they used to be. Not saying they couldn’t throw it, but I think it could have a negative effect on them.

Thoughts?

Also, this from Pete Sweeney:
Originally Posted by :
Andy Reid said “two more” at the podium tonight. In five years covering Reid, I have never heard him talk like that. Always a game at a time. He believes.
Let’s roll!
[Reply]
1960Pats 01:58 PM 01-15-2019
Can anyone explain to me why the NYFL decided to have the indoor NFC game early and the outdoor AFC game late? Do they ever think of the fans?
[Reply]
loochy 02:00 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by 1960Pats:
Can anyone explain to me why the NYFL decided to have the indoor NFC game early and the outdoor AFC game late? Do they ever think of the fans?
I think it was decided upon well before they knew which teams would play.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 02:00 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by 1960Pats:
Brady passing the torch to Mahomes deserves to take place under the lights.
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:02 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Game doesn't start until 5:30...you have plenty of time to drive on Sunday.
We might have to. Leave at 8 and we’d get there around 1. Probably take two hours just to get into the stadium.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:13 PM 01-15-2019
I really hope Mahomes considers wearing gloves - like Brady does. I doubt Patrick has ever even experienced negative temperatures let alone played in them. You may be able to sit next to the heaters on the sidelines but once you go on a long drive your hands would be about numb by the time you get to the goalline. I can't even imagine playing football in those temperatures - it's got to be miserable.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:15 PM 01-15-2019
I was under the impression that this thing could easily shift and not park on KC by game time.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:16 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I really hope Mahomes considers wearing gloves - like Brady does. I doubt Patrick has ever even experienced negative temperatures let alone played in them. You may be able to sit next to the heaters on the sidelines but once you go on a long drive your hands would be about numb by the time you get to the goalline. I can't even imagine playing football in those temperatures - it's got to be miserable.
Lubbock gets cold AF man, wind chill there is crazy
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:19 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I was under the impression that this thing could easily shift and not park on KC by game time.
Right now, it doesn't look that way. There's a pretty significant system coming through on Friday and Saturday and the high pressure behind that looks to be covering like all of Canada by Thursday.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:12 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
The field is heated, footing shouldn't be a problem... I like our chances
Is the heated field system robust enough to keep up with that much cold? Anybody heard?
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:13 PM 01-15-2019
They say it keeps the field at minimum just above freezing.

I wonder if that will cause the field to steam. Could be neat.

Anyway there won't be any frozen tundra which is huge. Being cold is one thing, running on an ice block is another.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:14 PM 01-15-2019
Hey Pugs, I asked earlier but nobody noticed. The thread title needs changed.

The expected high is now NINE, not 19.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:14 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
But everyone will be wearing ski masks and wool and have their face covered and they will be huddling instead of standing and cheering so The Brady's win!
You ever try screaming in 5 degree weather? I don't think people's throats are going to last that long.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:15 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
They say it keeps the field at minimum just above freezing.

I wonder if that will cause the field to steam. Could be neat.

Anyway there won't be any frozen tundra which is huge. Being cold is one thing, running on an ice block is another.
Yea, I know they claim that. I'm just wondering how cold of weather it was designed for.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:15 PM 01-15-2019
I imagine they considered it getting down to 9 which happens in KC at least once every year.
[Reply]
sedated 04:16 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Is the heated field system robust enough to keep up with that much cold? Anybody heard?
Last Saturday morning after the snow storm had come through and temps dropped overnight, they said the field temp was 80 degrees and they actually turned the system down so it wasn't so hot.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 32
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up