ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Dabney Coleman
siberian khatru 06:25 PM 05-17-2024
My favorite thing of his was the short-lived TV series Buffalo Bill in the early 80s.

Dabney Coleman, an Emmy-winning American actor who starred in the 1980 comedy classic “9 to 5” and whose career in film and television spanned six decades, died Thursday. He was 92.https://t.co/p7hZtCWwN8 pic.twitter.com/ldigzx8aqB

— Variety (@Variety) May 17, 2024

[Reply]
srvy 07:00 PM 05-17-2024
Rest Peacefully.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 07:07 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Good little movie, with a very underrated car chase scene.

Had the pleasure of working with Dabney on Boardwalk Empire about ten years ago. What a gem. Big fan of his work, and he'll definitely be missed.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:07 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Did you even read the story? He was shot at a rap concert.
He was shot at a rap concert by Scottie Scheffler!!! Not only was he murdered, but his $80 pair of pants was irreparably damaged!!
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:37 PM 05-17-2024
I partied with Dabney Coleman once at an underground LA speakeasy named Mouse's. Dude was 70 years old and still went all night. National treasure.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:39 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Too bad you need a VCR to watch this.
[Reply]
wazu 07:43 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Too bad you need a VCR to watch this.
We managed to watch it for a family movie night a few years ago. It might have been a DVD, not sure. Or it might have been some streaming thing. Might have to dig back into it to find out. Really fun movie.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:43 PM 05-17-2024
9 to 5, War Games and Cloak and Dagger are the movies I immediately think of.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:50 PM 05-17-2024
Bummer. I never saw him give a bad performance. Glad he had a long life. RIP
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 07:57 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I partied with Dabney Coleman once at an underground LA speakeasy named Mouse's. Dude was 70 years old and still went all night. National treasure.
Get the fuck out of here! I had almost the exact same experience only with Harry Dean Stanton! True story.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:19 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
9 to 5, War Games and Cloak and Dagger are the movies I immediately think of.
The first one I thought of was The Man With One Red Shoe. He was great in that. A hilarious and mostly forgotten movie also starring a young Tom Hanks.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:30 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Cloak and Dagger
That was my immediate memory. I watched that VHS tape a lot as a kid.

Edit: Also, I am pretty sure at one time I thought he was Tom Selleck's dad, because of the mustaches.
[Reply]
scho63 09:25 PM 05-17-2024
Wanya's arrest was the final straw that broke him.
[Reply]
frozenchief 10:15 PM 05-17-2024
That sucks. He played a really good asshole.
[Reply]
rico 11:50 PM 05-17-2024
I remember him from the Beverly Hillbillies movie. Dude was funny. Played the banker. I love that part where Rob Schneider thinks he’s still on the phone with his wife or gf that was played by Leah Thompson and he’s like, “ok now I got my hand on your butt and I’m squeezing.” And he didn’t know that the phone had cut off to Dabney Coleman and Dabney was like, “TYLER! Get your hand off my butt!” And then went on to talking to him about the Clampett’s! :-)
[Reply]
srvy 12:03 AM 05-18-2024
Originally Posted by rico:
I remember him from the Beverly Hillbillies movie. Dude was funny. Played the banker. I love that part where Rob Schneider thinks he’s still on the phone with his wife or gf that was played by Leah Thompson and he’s like, “ok now I got my hand on your butt and I’m squeezing.” And he didn’t know that the phone had cut off to Dabney Coleman and Dabney was like, “TYLER! Get your hand off my butt!” And then went on to talking to him about the Clampett’s! :-)
Haha, your right I forgot he played Thurston Howell III Milten Drysdale in the Hillbilies movie.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up