I'll work hard 'til the end of my shift
And give you every second I can find
And hope it isn't me who's left behind
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:22 AM 04-17-2022
Prayers
[Reply]
EPodolak 11:26 AM 04-17-2022
I'll take your suggestion too, many thanks for your post today Janx.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:34 AM 04-17-2022
That’s rough knowing you have to go through this. No words can really replace her, and while you might not believe, I will still pray for you as the days pass by.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:47 AM 04-17-2022
Not Christian but you are having a memorial at the Bible Chapel? Interesting.

Prayers with you in these times of sorrow.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:38 AM 04-18-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Not Christian but you are having a memorial at the Bible Chapel? Interesting.

Prayers with you in these times of sorrow.
Those services were put on by her side of the family. I wasn't keen on my wife's death being used as an opportunity to hold mass thus I was not at that service. They are welcome to grieve in their own way and I wasn't going to stand in their way.

I had her party today, at our farm, with the people that ACTUALLY knew her, with the people that actually care about me.

Hope the truth was as interesting as your imagination. :-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:44 AM 04-18-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Those services were put on by her side of the family. I wasn't keen on my wife's death being used as an opportunity to hold mass thus I was not at that service. They are welcome to grieve in their own way and I wasn't going to stand in their way.

I had her party today, at our farm, with the people that ACTUALLY knew her, with the people that actually care about me.

Hope the truth was as interesting as your imagination. :-)
Lots of posters here were triggered by my respectfully asked question.

Thanks for answering. You have been quite vocal in your non-belief so the location of the service caught my attention.

Nice little try at a dig there. You will learn as she has.

Best of fortune in your grieving process.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:50 AM 04-18-2022

Thanks for answering. You have been quite vocal in your non-belief so the location of the service caught my attention.

My wife and I (both very much non-religious) had a loosely-Christian marriage ceremony. And if we both go at the same time, our will stipulates that our parents can decide what kind of funeral ceremony we have.

Sometimes you do things more for family than for yourselves.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:53 AM 04-18-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My wife and I (both very much non-religious) had a loosely-Christian marriage ceremony. And if we both go at the same time, our will stipulates that our parents can decide what kind of funeral ceremony we have.

Sometimes you do things more for family than for yourselves.
Absolutely. That is why I asked about the background behind the decision. Jinx has been vocal about his situation so I was curious.

Do for family.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:56 AM 04-18-2022

There was no dig, I even went out and edited my post to add a smile to let you know that I’m just answering.

That said…

You wanna provide some clarification here? Ban or not, if you mean what I think you mean then drop me an address in PM and I’ll work to arrange a meeting between yourself and my wife. She will tell you everything she has learned.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:04 AM 04-18-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
There was no dig, I even went out and edited my post to add a smile to let you know that I’m just answering.

That said…

You wanna provide some clarification here? Ban or not, if you mean what I think you mean then drop me an address in PM and I’ll work to arrange a meeting between yourself and my wife. She will tell you everything she has learned.

Don't be eDave.

See, that won't work. We will be in different locations. And if there is nothing, no one to talk to then.
[Reply]
HayWire 10:26 AM 04-18-2022

I stay out of the lounge....for a good reason.

I actually like your takes considering they're coming from an opposing team. But damn, this isn't football man.

Sure, we can go back in forth about opions but you're being a dick.

"Triggered" has become my pet peave.

Everyone is triggered by something but it's different when someone lost a love one.

This isn't political.

I don't mean to get pissy but a classier guy could have had a little more tact than that.

I'll make you a promise. When you lose a loved one I will offer my condolences and give you my cell if you need someone to vent at.

Just seemed kind of douchey....sorry for my rant
[Reply]
chinaski 11:57 AM 04-17-2022
Condolences Sir.

She certainly sounded like a wonderful person. Carrying on will be hard, but honor her legacy.

Much love Bro.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:58 AM 04-17-2022
Best wishes to you and your family.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:59 AM 04-17-2022
Sorry man, wish there was something I could do to help.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up