ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one do you pick?
California, plus a $250,000 annual stipend 34 59.65%
New Mexico, plus a $1,014,000 annual stipend 23 40.35%
Gosh, I can't decide. 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mansionmania Tournament: Round 1, Heat 17
Rain Man 04:05 PM 10-19-2021
Mansionmania continues. I'm going to show you the most expensive homes in every state and a few territories, with a few extras thrown in from the largest states to get the tourney up to 64. It'll be a single-elimination tournament.

You will choose among each pair of houses with the following assumptions:

I encourage you to click on the maps in the listings to see the general location and neighborhood.

Also, I will only enter contestants if they have a sufficient number of photos to judge, as determined by me.

Your entries in this heat are:

California:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...7_M18383-06951

New Mexico:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...5_M12941-88422
[Reply]
Shag 07:36 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
In the California house you don't need money because you already have everything.
Wonder what yearly payments are on a big ass boat and a slip in Marina Del Rey...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:54 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Shag:
What do you spend $1M/yr on in Santa Fe, when you're restricted to a 100 mile radius?
There are no limitations on what you can bring to you so I'd imagine you can have some fun with $1m a year of spending money
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:01 PM 10-19-2021
That California house is just nuts. The New Mexico house just doesn’t have enough wow factor, a lot of that I think is from the mostly single level layout.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:04 PM 10-19-2021
California for me.

The New Mexico home doesn't even come close. It doesn't even feel like a mansion. I get the feel of some 3rd world country school house or some shit. Feels cramped. Low ceilings. Narrow hallways. Small rooms, besides the one with the weird water pit in the center. Galley kitchen. Just a weird way to spend $22M.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:15 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Shag:
What do you spend $1M/yr on in Santa Fe, when you're restricted to a 100 mile radius?
You know, that’s such a foreign concept that I don’t know but I’d love to find out.

I’d probably buy or build a gym and workout all the time. Buy fast cars, faster airplanes, whatever. A super car every year sounds good. A bunch of farm ground and make some Buehler445-esque schmuck farm it for me

In honesty My boring ass would probably just sock it away, pay good lawyers and accountants and give my kids 50 million or so when I die.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:12 PM 10-19-2021
So if the NM house won and went up against a cheaper house next round, its enormous stipend would disappear, right?
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:23 PM 10-19-2021
The NM house is too dated for me.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 10:07 PM 10-19-2021
The California house is spectacular.

Give me New Mexico.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:10 PM 10-19-2021
California - That house. Wow. That house. If houses were cookies, that's a four-foot diameter chocolate chip house. I don't even need an indoor pool because it's in perfect weather. That house is unbelievable. And it's 34,000 square feet, which I think is more than 50 percent larger than any other house we've seen so far. You can do anything you want there. I would invite strangers into my home just to see their reactions.

New Mexico - This is interesting, because I really like Santa Fe and I really like the classic New Mexico architecture. This house takes stuff I like and multiplies it by ten. And on top of that and green chile I get over $1 million a year? Wow.

But the question in the thread is very thought-provoking. How would I spend $1 million per year? Does that make my life four times better than spending $250,000 per year?

How would I spend $1 million in Santa Fe? I'd have some pretty amazing art in my house, I'll tell you that. And I'd probably do fun stuff like sponsor plays and bring in Springsteen to play at my house parties. The interesting thing, though, is that when you have big money you typically satisfy your need for objects pretty quickly, and then you seek experiences. But if I can only travel outside my radius for two weeks per year, that limits my ability to seek experiences.

Both of these places are amazing, and normally New Mexico would be really hard to beat. But man oh man, that house in California is just irresistible. I have to go California.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:26 PM 10-19-2021
They didn’t even come close to taking pictures of even half of the California house. Probably a red flag and the rest is terrible. Or I suppose that people buying a house like that aren’t comparing the 15th bathroom in it to the 12th walk in closet on a competitor when making their decisions.
[Reply]
jd1020 10-19-2021, 10:30 PM
This message has been deleted by jd1020.
oldman 11:42 PM 10-19-2021
That extra cash with the NM place would be nice, but why do I need 20 bedrooms? It's not like it's in Utah and I'm a Morm --- nevermind. I'll take the CA place.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 05:03 AM 10-20-2021
New Mexico. Love the architecture, love the area. I could learn to make turquoise jewelry, ski in the winter, fish in the summer, smoke weed every dang day and not give a damn about not leaving the house.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:05 AM 10-20-2021
NM looks like some type of corporate team building retreat.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:44 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
There are no limitations on what you can bring to you so I'd imagine you can have some fun with $1m a year of spending money
Can import a lot of talent . . .
[Reply]
Monticore 09:15 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Can import a lot of talent . . .
From where California? rather just have them walk over.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up