ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- CPer's Drive-Ins & Dives - share your local 'hole-in-the-wall'
Simply Red 01:08 PM 01-05-2011
Yeah, pls. share the menu of some restaurant choices (local 'to you') that are not really chains, but have great food. Novelty places are a plus - you may wanna post menu links and their physical business signs.

Food topics have always gone over well. I have several in mind, but i'll wait and join up, later.

TY

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:28 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
is that Sheridans place worth a shit? Butter burgers sound amazing.
Culvers?

No, it's not all that.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 01:29 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
It's very good as well. Did you go to the one on the square? The brewery side of that building (West Mountain Brewery) has become one of the best townie hangouts in Fayetteville and is part of Tim's.
I just frequented the one SR mentioned on Hwy 40. I quit traveling to Springdale in 2006 when I quit working for Tyson.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:29 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Culvers?

No, it's not all that.
that too, the ATL version is called Sheridans.
[Reply]
blaise 01:29 PM 01-05-2011
There's a place in Rochester NY, where I grew up, called Nick Tahous. They serve something called a Garbage Plate. There's a variety of ways to order it, but the traditional is to have them put macaroni salad on half your plate, home fries on the other and then top it with a hot dog or burger, onions, mustard and what they call hot sauce. The hot sauce is sort of like the chili they use in skyline chili in Cincy, but more soupy and spicy. You just cut it all up and mix it together and eat it, usually at about 2:00 AM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Tahou_Hots
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:30 PM 01-05-2011
el pollo rey.

just ask reaper.
[Reply]
blaise 01:31 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Culvers?

No, it's not all that.
I think Culvers is a good place if you have kids and you want to go somewhere where you don't pay a tip, but better than fast food.
I think their fries are good.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:32 PM 01-05-2011
Oh. That's Tim's is out of Independence. That's not the same as the one down here in Fayetteville.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:32 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by blaise:
There's a place in Rochester NY, where I grew up, called Nick Tahous. They serve something called a Garbage Plate. There's a variety of ways to order it, but the traditional is to have them put macaroni salad on half your plate, home fries on the other and then top it with a hot dog or burger, onions, mustard and what they call hot sauce. The hot sauce is sort of like the chili they use in skyline chili in Cincy, but more soupy and spicy. You just cut it all up and mix it together and eat it, usually at about 2:00 AM.

LOL
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:33 PM 01-05-2011
Covered roast beef and mashed potatoes at Woodsweather Cafe in the Bottoms. Now open for dinner.

Partial to the Corner Cafe in Riverside & Liberty.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:34 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by blaise:

I think they were on Food Wars or something.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 01:35 PM 01-05-2011
Oh. That's Tim's is out of Independence. That's not the same as the one down here in Fayetteville.
Maybe I'm wrong about Hwy 40. The one I'm talking about is what I would call north Fayetteville. On a busy road that linked Springdale to Fayetteville. I could never figure out where Springdale ended and Fayetteville started.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:37 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Maybe I'm wrong about Hwy 40. The one I'm talking about is what I would call north Fayetteville. On a busy road that linked Springdale to Fayetteville. I could never figure out where Springdale ended and Fayetteville started.
That's Hwy 71, and yeah... that's definitely a dive location. Just on the side of the Highway, now surrounded by used car lots. Weird little square building that's all dark and dank inside. That's where I order from when I do carryout, though.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 01:39 PM 01-05-2011
That's Hwy 71, and yeah... that's definitely a dive location. Just on the side of the Highway, now surrounded by used car lots. Weird little square building that's all dark and dank inside. That's where I order from when I do carryout, though.
That's the one. Yellow 'Tim's sign.

I'd make sure to go there once a week when I was working down there. Best pizza I ever found in Arkansas.
[Reply]
blaise 01:41 PM 01-05-2011
I think they were on Food Wars or something.
Maybe, the recipe for the sauce is secret and there's places around town that try and copy it.

I'll name one other. It's just a sub shop but they make a sub that I don't see very often. They call it the Royale. It's spicy sausage shaped in patties to fit on a sub roll, and then topped with capicola, cheese, lettuce and tomato.
It's ridiculously good.
It's in Buffalo NY, so it's doubtful anyone here would ever have reason to go there, but I just love their subs.

http://www.mikes-subs.com/history.php
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:41 PM 01-05-2011
The Drop Kick sandwich at Al Dente (formerly known as Half Time Pizza) in the Market.

Its chicken, bacon, pepperoni and pepperoncini with pizza sauce and Grey Poupon.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up