ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Late Night After Work Car Problems
GabyKeepsMeWarm 12:27 AM 06-07-2024
Son of a bitch…

Finished work tonight, and on the 4 mile drive home, the battery light goes on, then the RPM’s seem to behave a bit strangely, the radio starts to say fuck it I’m out, the airbag light goes on, the ABS light goes on, the headlights dim, and I park the car at the house, and the driver’s side window won’t go up. Pull the keys, put the keys back in to try to get the window down, and now it works.

Car has been running like a top with barely any problems ever. Alternator was checked a few months ago and was fine. Battery is only about 16 months old. Was going to get the timing belt changed in a few weeks when the next service is due. Just got back from driving back and forth to KC and now this? What the hell man?

Hallelujah, and holy shit. Where’s the Tylenol?
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:37 AM 06-07-2024
Lot of good advice here….

But after a good night of sleep and a moment of deep thought, I think I’ve got it figured out.

You guessed it:

Frank Stallone
[Reply]
ToxSocks 08:51 AM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Son of a bitch…

Finished work tonight, and on the 4 mile drive home, the battery light goes on, then the RPM’s seem to behave a bit strangely, the radio starts to say fuck it I’m out, the airbag light goes on, the ABS light goes on, the headlights dim, and I park the car at the house, and the driver’s side window won’t go up. Pull the keys, put the keys back in to try to get the window down, and now it works.

Car has been running like a top with barely any problems ever. Alternator was checked a few months ago and was fine. Battery is only about 16 months old. Was going to get the timing belt changed in a few weeks when the next service is due. Just got back from driving back and forth to KC and now this? What the hell man?

Originally Posted by Otter:
Sounds like your alternator shit the bed.

About a $60 job if you can do it yourself (less if you go refurbished). Double that if you take it to a mechanic.

*If I'm correct
Yeah it's the alternator. Classic alternator failure symptoms.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:55 AM 06-07-2024

About a $60 job if you can do it yourself (less if you go refurbished). Double that if you take it to a mechanic.

*If I'm correct
:-)

Bro, when's the last time you had to buy an alternator?
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:59 AM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
I would start with a thorough evaluation of your blinker fluid (often overlooked maintenance item). If that seems okay, make sure your antifreeze still tastes sweet. A quart or two ought to do it.
Prestone or Quaker State?
[Reply]
loochy 09:00 AM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
:-)

Bro, when's the last time you had to buy an alternator?
Maybe he went to a self pull junkyard?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:10 AM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
Hmmm...maybe. That seems like a bad idea. How long until that pulled alternator goes bad?
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 09:56 AM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
I self pull all the time, and it’s never cost me no 60 bucks.
[Reply]
KCJake 09:58 AM 06-07-2024
Son of a bitch…

Finished work tonight, and on the 4 mile drive home, the battery light goes on, then the RPM’s seem to behave a bit strangely, the radio starts to say **** it I’m out, the airbag light goes on, the ABS light goes on, the headlights dim, and I park the car at the house, and the driver’s side window won’t go up. Pull the keys, put the keys back in to try to get the window down, and now it works.

Sounds like the alternator. Year, make, and model of the vehicle??
[Reply]
KCJake 09:59 AM 06-07-2024

*If I'm correct
LOL. You're living in 1984 my friend
[Reply]
Bwana 10:15 AM 06-07-2024
Yep, it sounds like your alternator might have gone T.U.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:43 AM 06-07-2024
I self pull all the time, and it’s never cost me no 60 bucks.
Same here. Hell, I self-pulled first thing this morning. Didn't cost me a penny.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:44 AM 06-07-2024
I had a 1/2 ton GMC Sierra Vortex Max. At 50,000 miles it started doing weird stuff.
Tach would go from zero to pegged. Speedo would do the same thing. Flashers would blink radio would turn off and back on. Door locks would lock and unlock. The last time it did it I recorded it (driving thru Eisenhower Tunnel). Took it to my mechanic that same day. Showed him the recording. They had the truck for 3 weeks. Could not duplicate or find any issues. Mechanic jokingly said your truck might be possessed. One (other) hypothesis was that the mag chloride used on the roads was eating at the electrical connections. I got rid of it and bought a Durmax Diesel.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:45 AM 06-07-2024
That is definitely the alternator. Same things happened to me driving down main once. Car coasted to a stop at Union Station and I had to leave it there.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 10:46 AM 06-07-2024
Well, 600 bucks later, I’ve got a new alternator and all is right in the world. Gonna self pull and take a nap.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:50 AM 06-07-2024
Well, 600 bucks later, I’ve got a new alternator and all is right in the world. Gonna self pull and take a nap.
Fucking money pits man. I'm taking mine in to get the brakes looked at and it needs the A/C fixed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up